Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 16:47   #1
BHPian

Yet another Figo ownership thread

After initial scouting for my first car, which was about five months back, I had formed three criterias in mind for new car: good engine, spaciousness and driving pleasure. And therefore I booked Palio Stile 1.6 in on 5th Jan 2010. But after waiting for over 2 months due to uncertainty of delivery I finally decided to cancel my booking.
And just about then Figo was launched in the market in first week of March. Thanks to the detailed report by GTO I was really interested in the car. After satisfying myself with TD I booked Red 1.4 EXi on 15th March, how couldn't I, it fulfilled all my criterias.
After completing the loan process and I got my car on 1st April. And since I have been mostly on the road and plan to continue to be so for another two days. Without getting into technical qualities of the car, which has been dealt in complete detail on other threads, the previous statement should explain my experience so far. The drive, the space, the design ... 'm loving it'.

Accessories installed:
SunFilm: V-kool VK-70 (F), K - 37 (S+R) : Rs 18,500/-
Foglamps OEM: Rs 4,400
Carpet mat: Dealer is out of stock for this one so bought after-market ones for Rs. 850
Still waiting for boot mat and mud-flaps.

Day before yesterday, first time, I got a chance to drive my car on the highway.
Engine:
Initially on NH4 I found that the car is loosing steam very soon. But it was my fault, I forgot for a moment that it is not mongoose bat (petrol engine) but traditional one where you need to hit the sweet spot. Plus since it is run-in period didn't want to exceed 2500rpm.
Once I was able to adjust to rev-band on the highway it was so much fun negotiating the corners and zipping past other cars.
I am in fact in love with diesel engine; use torque in heavy traffic and rev-band for quick acceleration.
I didn't bother testing top speed since I prefer winding roads to straight highways, where at max you can reach 100km.
It was first instance where I tested my car with full load, 5 passengers + almost full boot. And the car pulled very well, completely satisfied with the performance.

Suspension:
It is bit harder and it really helps on lousy state highways. You don't bother to slow down and passengers on the back-seat don't mind it.

Steering:
Well, I am the lucky one. My car has the known steering alignment issue and currently with Ford service centre. They have found that replacing the Apollo tyres with Goodyear fixes the problem. And was not an issue with wheel alignment per se. They are being replaced with new Goodyear ones. And I will get my car tomorrow.

Transmission:
The gear throws are short and a slight fick is good enough to slot them. I
just have to use my thumb to move in-between middle gears i.e. 3rd to 4th or
vice versa.

Cooling system: V-kool and chiller AC by Ford can even beat Sub-Saharan heat. Most of the time I was on 50% to 60% AC and it was more than enough in scorching heat.

Didn't like:
Child lock: Once you enable it the rear doors can be opened only from outside. I wished there was simple control with the driver.
Dead Pedal: Really missed it, unfortunately there isn't any space to fit one.

Last edited by Dippy : 8th April 2010 at 17:44. Reason: Adding your report to the post and opening thread
Old 4th April 2010, 17:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Is this a petrol or a diesel? And is it the one with the black or red dash? And where are the pics? That's some expensive sun film you have installed. Is it that much more better than 3M or Garware?

Last edited by Gilead : 4th April 2010 at 18:09.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats. Is this a petrol or a diesel? And is it the one with the black or red dash? And where are the pics? That's some expensive sun film you have installed? Is it that much more better than 3M or Garware?
I think he has got the diesel. 1.4exi as mentioned in his post.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:05   #4
BHPian

Yeah, the V-Kool is expensive but the difference is very apparent. Though a lot of people will claim otherwise. I can speak from personal experience. Wheres the rest of the review / report mate!? Pics - lots of 'em please.
Old 4th April 2010, 20:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Which color did you go for? Pictures please!
Old 4th April 2010, 20:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Where are the pics? Congrats.
Old 4th April 2010, 21:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats. Is this a petrol or a diesel? And is it the one with the black or red dash? And where are the pics? That's some expensive sun film you have installed. Is it that much more better than 3M or Garware?
It is Diesel EXi model, Colorado red with black dash.
V-kool is the most expensive one. I went through the entire thread for sunfilm and many people swear by it. When I was getting it installed I met a person who came with his Civic to strip his Lumar film and replace it with V-kool.
I had always hated the discomfort caused by direct sun-rays, so was willing to shell some money for it. I would have even settled for some basic music system to spend more on sunfilm. Plus I wanted to install it on windscreen too, so quality could not have been compromised.
I am not the right persom to comment on 3M or Garware as I have never experienced them. But I am very much satisfied with v-kool.
I haven't had an oppurtunity to take pictures but I certainly plan to do it Tuesday, when I will be going to my native place 40kms away from Pune.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:54   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate! A Red Figo. Figo is doing what Punto did when it Punto was launched

Do post pics of the car
Old 5th April 2010, 11:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

congrats dude. awesome choice of Colorado red with black dash!
whats the OTR for EXI in Pune?

Awaiting pics
Old 5th April 2010, 11:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bro
Upload some pics .

Cheers
Old 5th April 2010, 11:24   #11
BHPian

Congrats on the new Ford, how much did the V-kool cost you for front windshield? do post some pics as well.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
It is time to post some photographs of the beauty !
Old 5th April 2010, 12:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats in the Figo. It's raining Figos like none other on tbhp!
Old 5th April 2010, 12:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
Congrats on the new Ford, how much did the V-kool cost you for front windshield? do post some pics as well.
I think the windshield cost me around 13k, as VK-70 is the most expensive one.

@All, thanks. Will be soon posting the pictures.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats SK.
Waiting for the pics now.

Kinda OT but I saw a white figo with 17` rims yesterday and it looked smashing.!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 5th April 2010 at 13:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks