Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:34   #46
BHPian

Thanks Vik, probably some of the Fiesta owners can also post their experience about the issue.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Have never felt a need for that on my TDCi. In fact i have a atleast 30 degree slope both on the road in front of my house and the pathway to my gate and every time i come in and go out i need to take this. I'm sure you wont understand what i meant. I will try to post a pic some time. The Figo surely wont take slopes at low speeds in 2nd gear. But i have personally not felt so in First Gear.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

You should use 1st gear on such slopes, not half-clutch 2nd gear combo.
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:13   #49
BHPian

Hi DCEite,

I am talking about 1st gear only (may be i am missing the 0th or -1st gear in Figo )

So all the attempts were with 1st gear only. Cheers.
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

hey Yamaha100, I just spoke to my pal whom I had referred to and he confirmed that his Figo would virtually crawl in the 2nd Gear but he would always downshift to the 1st and the car would pick up through the Hilly slope.

Frankly, my friend is not even close to as tenured as you behind the wheel since he has learnt driving a car only a month before he got the Figo so I can bet my bottom buck, he isn't trying any of the half clutches or expert tricks.

But what I guess was different from your ride was that it was just Him and His Wifey in the car when he drove up this mountain and confirmed again that it was surely not as bad as the problem faced by you.
I am sure some of the experts here would be able to throw some light on this.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:00   #51
BHPian

@Gemi
While we are at slopes and stalling cars, have you visited Kovalam in your new Figo?
I would assume the slope of the road leading from the beach to the main road is almost 45 degrees if not more??
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
@Gemi
While we are at slopes and stalling cars, have you visited Kovalam in your new Figo?
I would assume the slope of the road leading from the beach to the main road is almost 45 degrees if not more??
Good IDea. I'll update once i get time to do that
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
@Gemi
That's one hell of a slope.
Once i rode up that narrow road in tallboy santro in 2nd gear,
and that was the scariest moment ever for me in a car.
The car almost stopped and tumbled..
and it happened just 2 days after my marriage, with my wife by my side and that made things even more scary.

Didn't expect the climb to be so steep, or else i would have climbed up in 1st gear and that way it would have been a easy one.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
That's one hell of a slope.
Once i rode up that narrow road in tallboy santro in 2nd gear,
and that was the scariest moment ever for me in a car.
The car almost stopped and tumbled..
and it happened just 2 days after my marriage, with my wife by my side and that made things even more scary.

Didn't expect the climb to be so steep, or else i would have climbed up in 1st gear and that way it would have been a easy one.
That's got to be scary. I drive a Santro too, and yes you feel confident only in the 1st gear. I don't want to even imagine having to stop it mid way and then half-clutching it with cars behind me. The road was in pretty bad shape as well when I visited 3 weeks back which makes it even worse if you have traffic on that incline.

@Gemi
Let us know if at all you get a chance to try it out
Just be careful man, cheers!
Old 25th July 2010, 18:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hey folks, I have completed 3000 kms in Figo TDCi. One major problem i have come across, that Figo does not climb uphill. In my apt we have a 30-35 degree slope and it climbs that only with AC off and only the driver. In EVA mall (brigrade road bangalore) last week i had to ask my passengers to get off before it climbed the slope in the parking lot (what a shame) i didn't have this problem in all other cars like maruti 800, santro, getz, honda city that i have driven. I thought that diesel's main trait was better pulling (torque) to pull the vehicle from 0 kmph. Now in EVA mall the slope was just 30 feet i could ask my passengers to get down and walk up 30 feet, but what am i supposed to do in a traffic signal with a steep road? or on a ghat section? I would seek advise from those who know the Figo / Fiesta TDCi better. PS : I have more than a decade of driving experience, so i know how to handle half clutch in slopes.
Hi Yamaha100,

After reading your post it got me concerned as I have already booked a Figo TDCI ZXI after selling my Ford Ikon 1.3 flair.

I again called up the car for a test drive & this time I made it clear to the sales guy that I need a long test drive. to which he agreed & told me that I should clear every doubt. Here goes my experience:

3 sales guys on rear seat + me & my friend. I took the car in the basement (-2) parking of my office & then climbed up around 60 fts. @ more than 30 degree angle in 1st gear with 5 people inside + A.C on.

Figo pulls very efficiently & without any drama.

1.Then I drove the car in evening 6:30 bumper to bumper traffic for around 15 kms.

2. After that I tooke her on Bangalore highway for another 10-12 kms.

3. Then back through the city traffic again in office.

So 1.5 hrs total test drive & I am now fully satisfied with the performance of this car in every practical situation.

I insist you should get your car checked once with the service center. Let them test your car themselves.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Hi Yamaha100,

Figo pulls very efficiently & without any drama.
I own a Figo Tdci Titanium and have done close to 1000Km and I agree Figo has no problem whatsoever in pulling on a slope.

In fact after reading a couple of times that Figo is really breathing out on a slope I really tried to pull hard when I did my first slope on Figo and almost lost control!!

So be careful, Figo diesel is very powerful!

Last edited by anilisanil : 26th July 2010 at 16:35.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

unable to Pull on slopes, underpowered? I think I second A.J.'s suggestion. Get the car checked asap. Even some snag in the fuel line could give rise to this problem.
Old 26th July 2010, 19:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Yamaha100 that's probably more of a shocker to me than a Mystery buddy!!
The TDCI engine that's been pulling Fiesta All over India for so long can't drag Figo up a Slope ?

One of my friend (non Tbhpian) says that his Figo was a breeze through the Nandi Hills. Will check with him if he climbed the slopes without stopping or if he faced the same issue.
Well, after reading the last few entries on the thread, I decided to take my Figo TDCi for a test. Went to Nandi Hills yesterday with two passengers and full-time A.C. on... the vehicle was driven in 2nd-3rd gears for the most part and had to downshift to 1st post 4th turn onwards at every turn, engine never stopped except while approaching Sanky circle (due to my own error in judgment.)

Going by this experience I'd suggest you to get your vehicle checked for possible problems, don't worry, it pulls really well up the slopes.

~
Old 26th July 2010, 20:06   #59
BHPian

Hi Yamaha100,

I think I know what you are talking about. The TDCI engine is not free revving as the 800 or santro you mentioned here. May be it will after you open it up considerable else, the Rev will not cross 1.5k rpm and then you hit this issue.

Open up the revs if you are post first service, try keeping 1800-2000rpm while you climb. I have faced this issue before first service where I was scared to rev it up and the revs would fall below 1.5k rpm.

I think the real problem is the revs falls too fast in such situations, am not sure why may be somehting to do with the flywheel.

As other suggested, go to your dealer, get the SA, drive to the same place and show him the problem.

HTH,
Old 28th July 2010, 01:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Well, after reading the last few entries on the thread, I decided to take my Figo TDCi for a test. Went to Nandi Hills yesterday with two passengers and full-time A.C. on... the vehicle was driven in 2nd-3rd gears for the most part and had to downshift to 1st post 4th turn onwards at every turn, engine never stopped except while approaching Sanky circle (due to my own error in judgment.)

Going by this experience I'd suggest you to get your vehicle checked for possible problems, don't worry, it pulls really well up the slopes.

~
To exactly understand what Yamaha100 is referring to, drive to Mega mart at Deve gowda petrol bunk, get into the basement parking lot and take the exit. To exit, one needs to do a 90 degree left turn which climbs straight up. Thats a good test for driver and car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks