Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav!!
Congratulations to you and your brother!!
This write up need some pics too, but it's commendable the way you have written with all the details.
Do post pics of the Polo, and don't stop haggling your brother to drive safe, hehe..!!
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:30   #17
BHPian

hey Gaurav, congrats to you and your bro. Aftermarket wheel caps would be a better choice, i hope they fit. Any other mods coming up?? smoked lamps from UK alloys maybe?? how is the AC performance in boiling Delhi? did you try to look at original seat covers offered by VW?
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks every one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats Gaurav for the car. First time I am seeing a car selling so predominantly in one color. If it is Polo it has to be red.
I absolutely liked the way reverse gear is engaged. In many new cars the reverse gear will be a bit difficult to engage with normal positioning but not with Polo.
Thanks Poloman, Yes, Red polo looks very sporty and White looks very elegant. I personally didnt like the Silver, looks very basic. Since, we do have white cedia (mine) and civic (cousins) at home, another white would have been extra elegant, a Red Polo futher divesifies our Garage .

The reverse is all about getting used to, but since rest of the cars have reverse at the back, all of us will have hard time getting used to this. Moreover, if every one keeps using wipers instead of indicators, surely our wiper bills are going high and Widscreen will need to changed in about 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats on the Polo! Red is the colour to go for!

Please post pics.

1650 for a wheel cover?
Thanks Mate. and Yes, 1650 is damn costly, certianly wont do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Wow.. Would be interested to see spare prices from VW. If the wheel cover costs so much I wonder how much regular filters would cost for servicing.
I remember to have seen a board at VW dealership when I went to give the cheque for the car abour 2 weeks back.It compared setvice parts prices of Polo with swift, i20 etc and they were very competitive. Dont remember exact fiqures but will try to find out. But those were only service parts, accident parts need to competitive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hey Gaurav,
You post, I think, was one of the longest and very nicely written just like GTOs. I would like to know how many colors Polo comes with?And how much did it costed you finally(if you don't mind)?
Thanks Anand, I just tried to express my overall experience. GTO does excellent indepth review of every car. Mine is just a summy of each. I believe I will have to do more homework and devote more time to be almost as good as GTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hey Gaurav, Congrats on your Polo... Awaiting eagerly for the pics, post it asap..
Sure, will definately post them on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Saw a red one today. Looks great from the front. Maybe also because you dont see VW logo much.
Photos please...
I am kinda starting to love the VW logo, but still as far as I am concerned, nothing's better than the triple diamond, atleast nothing up to BMW.
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:36   #19
BHPian

Gaurav, congratulations ! Enjoy your new ride...So far I have seen only the white Polo on road and it look elegant and classy. Hope the red got smashing looks. Do update with more on driving experience. This is one car that was in my list, but I went for Figo as I was fixed on Diesel and wanted it soon. May be my next car will be VW :-)
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:44   #20
BHPian

Gaurav..Congratulations to you and your bro and red IMO is the best suited colour for Polo.

1650 for a wheel cover! that is way too costly. I would expect these to be localised. You should try getting a price list for body parts for the Polo.

The most awaited part now is the pictures. unleash the red German beauty soon.

I would second him on the gearshift part. It's the best in class IMO. We both went for a TD of the Figo and Polo together and after the average experience of Figo the Polo was a very nice experience.
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:45   #21
BHPian

BTW VW is offering a sports kit and it is very expensive IMO. Gaurav - you might be remebering the prices exactly. if you do then please share.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:33   #22
BHPian

yes VW do have a sports kit and TBhpian khan75 has in fact purchased it for his polo (we are still awaiting the pics) it cost somewhere around 65K for complete body kit, its a luxury so no arguments on its price
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:58   #23
BHPian

Please post photos, also please confirm if you are getting 13kmpl in city with AC in polo as promised to me by sales person.
Also since you also own a swifty, let me know how good/bad they are in comparision. i am also biased towards polo after seeing/feeling it. Otherwise swift and figo seeems VFM.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:38   #24
BHPian

Hey congratulations on your red polo. Which variant have u purchased and what is the on road price?..Waiting for ur pics.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:08   #25
BHPian

Congrats gaurav for the Polo. I loved the gearshift when I test drove it. Sorry to hear about that dent. The unruly traffic of the capital makes frequent visits to the paint jobs mandatory.
Anyways, happy mile crunching with the VW. Hope it serves you well.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice penmanship gaurav! Congrats!
Now if you please take some great pictures of that beast and unleash them here - it would be awesome.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:14   #27
BHPian

Hi Gaurav,

Congratulations!! Great choice for a car. The Polo comfortline is a very good choice indeed. And red is undoubtedly the color of choice for the Polo.

A question here - is there (at all) any option pack for the Comfortline to have rear defogger and wiper?
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for the new member in the family. I would like your perspective on the position of the clutch pedal. In fact if it is not too much trouble (or even a minute bit of trouble), can you take a picture of your foot on the clutch pedal (without depressing it at all) while the seat is adjusted for a good driving position and compare it to the one in your Cedia?

My friend test drove the Polo recently - he is not a member of teambhp, and had not read GTO's review - and he mentioned that the clutch position was awkward. He drives a Ford Fiesta and was looking at the Polo for his second car, but he said that even after trying the different seat setting, he couldn't be comfortable.

He likes the Punto but he seems to be in no hurry and he said he'll try the Polo diesel before deciding between the two.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Gaurav!!
Congratulations to you and your brother!!
This write up need some pics too, but it's commendable the way you have written with all the details.
Do post pics of the Polo, and don't stop haggling your brother to drive safe, hehe..!!
Thanks for the nice words, Fordmanchau. And surely, I wont stop asking my brother to drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
hey Gaurav, congrats to you and your bro. Aftermarket wheel caps would be a better choice, i hope they fit. Any other mods coming up?? smoked lamps from UK alloys maybe?? how is the AC performance in boiling Delhi? did you try to look at original seat covers offered by VW?
Thanks Mate! First of all, the number of posts you are adding every day on Polo here on Team Bhp, surely shows your excitement and eagerness to get the Car. I was that keen when I was to buy my Cedia. Keep Posting .

Wheel caps certainly would be the aftermarket choise. No mods as of now. Actually I am keen on the smoked headlamps and sourcing them from Uk is also no problem (I have friends and relatives up there who can bring it up for me). But I just want to be sure if the Basic structure is same or not (I think it should be same but still want to be sure). Secondly, I was keen on Foglights but looking at the prices of wheel cover (1650/- each)
and VW alloys (20k each), I dont think they will cost any thing under 25-30k. Lastly I have seen aftermarket alloys, all black with red circle outline. they were a similar design as of the OZs and costs about 15k (set of 5). I think I will get them in some time.

The AC is doing an excellent job in Delhi summers and I liked it. Since I am used to a chiller AC of Cedia, this one surely stood up to my expectations.

Regarding the seat covers, yes I liked the kinda leather stuff seat covers from VW but they cost about 13k. So, if I am to spend that kinda money, I will rather get Stanley (budget ones for 18k). Also, I dont like that fact that people dont use their original upholstery and get normal seat covers right away, thinking the seats wont get dirty. I think its better to use the original for about a year, then dry clean them up and get the new fabric covers in. However, if some one is keen on leather seats, its all together a different scenario. Fabric seat covers on new fabric seats doesnt make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Gaurav, congratulations ! Enjoy your new ride...So far I have seen only the white Polo on road and it look elegant and classy. Hope the red got smashing looks. Do update with more on driving experience. This is one car that was in my list, but I went for Figo as I was fixed on Diesel and wanted it soon. May be my next car will be VW :-)
Thanks Revy, will surely keep updating the thread with my experiences.

Congratulations for the Figo, the car is real VFM, I personally didnt like the petrol engine but the Diesel is an excellent motor having already proved itself on ikon and the fiesta. Take care and Drive Safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
Gaurav..Congratulations to you and your bro and red IMO is the best suited colour for Polo.

1650 for a wheel cover! that is way too costly. I would expect these to be localised. You should try getting a price list for body parts for the Polo.

The most awaited part now is the pictures. unleash the red German beauty soon.

I would second him on the gearshift part. It's the best in class IMO. We both went for a TD of the Figo and Polo together and after the average experience of Figo the Polo was a very nice experience.
Thanls LOW, the wheel cover surely would be localised but there are some companies love to mint money, remember Honda selling alloy wheels of ANHC for 20k each, same is the case here.

I will try to get list of spares on saturday. And yes, this weekend you will have to turn up drive the car, dont expect me to come over .

Lastly, Polo surely was a very nice experience after having driven the average Petrol Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
yes VW do have a sports kit and TBhpian khan75 has in fact purchased it for his polo (we are still awaiting the pics) it cost somewhere around 65K for complete body kit, its a luxury so no arguments on its price
Certainly, no argument on that part, the front side skirt of Cedia costs about 16,500/- plus paint 2k or something. Its surely luxury.. so no complaints.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:23   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your Polo gaurav and a nice writeup. Post some pics including interiors..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks