Team-BHP - 1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/80194-1978-fiat-1100-2010-fiat-grande-punto-emotion-mjd.html)

Introduction:
My Dad's first car was a Fiat 1100 bought in 1978 and it recently created history in Bangalore by being the Founder Member's(me) car of Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore[FCB].

And now in 2010, my Dad bought home the Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD Bossa Nova White. May be after a decade or so my kids will start Fiat Grande Punto Club - Bangalore.:D

Test Drive Experience:
The Founder Members of FCB had the opportunity to be the first to test drive the Punto in Bangalore on 16th July 2009.

The Petrol and Diesel variants were extensively test driven and of course we fell in love with these new Italian beauties right away.

Frankly speaking, we didn't test drive any other car in its segment mainly because of time constraints and we too were pretty firm on our decision to go for the Punto.

Other options were:

Ford Figo: Its a super hatch and currently selling like hot cakes! Almost every aspect of Figo is good.

VW Polo: Excellant German car! I was not satisfied with the engine options.

Hyundai i20: Crdi version was too expensive. Not good at high speed handling.

Love at first sight! When Punto was just launched.
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-1.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-3.jpg

Booking Experience:
Dealer: KHT Motors, Brookefields, Bangalore.
Sales Person: Madhu Sudan
Booking date: March second week
PDI:On 21st April

The booking experience was just as expected. Everything was done on time. In fact because of Dad's tight work schedule we had to delay almost all the procedures and the concerned people were very supportive.

PDI:
The car was inspected by the FCB members as per the Team Bhp PDI Checklist.
The car was parked in the stockyard of the showroom. It wasn't clean. Kms on odo was 57. VIN number was checked and was found to be March 2010 manufactured BS4 vehicle. All electricals were fine.
Only issue was with driver door inner door handle being very hard while opening the door. issue was rectified later.

The plastic quality of seat levers felt very delicate. I am very well aware od the not so good reputation of TASS and small plastic issues in Fiat cars. No car is perfect!

PDI Pics:
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-5.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-6.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-7.jpg

Delivery:
The Punto was delivered on 23rd morning at 11. It was really nice to see almost all the staff coming out of the showroom to congratulate us.

Freebies: Mat set, mud flaps and sun film.

Dad receiving the keys:
1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-9.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-11.jpg

We took the delivery and went to Embassy Golf Links(EGL) for a photo-shoot.

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-15.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-16.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-17.jpg

Later we headed straight home and finally the Punto met its Big Bro - Fiat 1100.:)

Thank you Team-Bhpians and FCB Founders Arun1100, Karthik1100 and Funkykar for your support.

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-23.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-29.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-28.jpg

1978 - Fiat 1100 || 2010 - Fiat Grande Punto Emotion MJD!-26.jpg

Congrats Sujith on the new Punto. Hope this car too creates history like your Fiat 1100.

According to most of the Team Bhpians owning a new Fiat, you better change the engine oil after initial 1000kms.

congrats sujith -GP looks great in BN white.

One request - please turn down the ISO count in your camera, because the pictures are all grainy!

Let us know about your initial driving experiences soon.

congrats dude!! I got a white e-pk from concorde on the 2nd of april!! its march 2010 euro4 as well ;) absolutely cannot stop driving her just yet!!

super photo shoot, i guess my baby deserves one too, have'nt been able to find the time to do it!!

congratulations again and happy motoring!!

Congrats on the acquisition Sujith bhai. Hope you enjoy miles of driving with her.

congrats Sujith. Nice photos and good report on buying experience. Short and sweet. I read somewhere that BN white is a non-metallic color, is that right?.

@raamki. Congrats! How about sharing some pics?.

this is a story that shows that people with a FIAT will only go for a FIAT.i had a SIENA,Palio and now Punto.That is because i am only 18 and belong to the UNO era if not i would have also had a 1100

Congrats Suji on the Punto. Its definitely a lovely machine. Its the best in its class, afterall its a FIAT. You left no stone unturned and followed all procedures of the checlist to perfection.

Happy motoring!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1853499)

One request - please turn down the ISO count in your camera, because the pictures are all grainy!

Thank you! Will post better pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raamki (Post 1853525)
congrats dude!! I got a white e-pk from concorde on the 2nd of april!! its march 2010 euro4 as well ;) absolutely cannot stop driving her just yet!!

super photo shoot, i guess my baby deserves one too, have'nt been able to find the time to do it!!

congratulations again and happy motoring!!

Wow! Congrats to you. Lets meet up someday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 1853527)
Congrats on the acquisition Sujith bhai. Hope you enjoy miles of driving with her.

Thanks Sagar! Hope i have Fiatful time with Punto too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NutsNBolts (Post 1853534)
congrats Sujith. Nice photos and good report on buying experience. Short and sweet. I read somewhere that BN white is a non-metallic color, is that right?.

Thankk You NNB. Yes its a non metallic color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigneshram (Post 1853537)
this is a story that shows that people with a FIAT will only go for a FIAT.i had a SIENA,Palio and now Punto.That is because i am only 18 and belong to the UNO era if not i would have also had a 1100

Happy to see that you too are a true Fiatian!

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 1853558)
Congrats Suji on the Punto. Its definitely a lovely machine. Its the best in its class, afterall its a FIAT. You left no stone unturned and followed all procedures of the checlist to perfection.

Happy motoring!

Thanks Karthik.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun1100 (Post 1853485)
Congrats Sujith on the new Punto. Hope this car too creates history like your Fiat 1100.

According to most of the Team Bhpians owning a new Fiat, you better change the engine oil after initial 1000kms.

Thanks Arun. Yeah I will be changing the engine oil during the first service.

Suji,

While posting new pics, please include your Italian beauty Lamby too. Dont leave it alone, it may get depressed!

You better give us a grand treat for your acquisition. Once you run it in, please plan up a trip to your home town in Kerala. It will be fun going in your Punto

By the way, what were the additional accessories you purchased? Any punto key chains, scale models available?

Congrats Sujith, The Fiat 1100 and the Punto, the perfect mix of the old and the new.

Do post the pics of the 1100 and punto together in broad daylight

Enjoy many more miles on the Punto. By the way, I too felt the ISO is a bit on the higher side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1853499)

I increased the ISO because i wanted the photo to be side lit, and no sufficient external lights were available at parking lot. and i didn't want to use camera flash light. it got better after editing, suji will post the edited photos soon.

Some more pics of My Punto.

Pics courtesy: Karthik 1100! I' loving it!:)

Sujith 1100 and Karthik 1100: Really neat pics there!

Lets go tomorrow to some scenic location for some more beautiful pics.

Wow! Nice photography here. Punto looks gorgeous. Just like fresh vanilla ice cream. Its tempting me to buy one too