Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 16:38   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Passat arrives

This is AWESOME!! Luxury Redefined! Apart from the floormats, everything looks ultra-premium, but I guess, Floormats are meant to be that way!
Old 28th December 2010, 16:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful colour. I am always a sucker for dark grey (my first baby was a grey Accent) and the Passat's lines are best suited for that colour!

The DSG and 2.0 litre CR diesel are the same that do duty in the Laura, right?
Old 28th December 2010, 16:55   #18
BHPian

What is auto hold and that parking thing that you mentioned?
Old 28th December 2010, 17:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Beautiful colour. I am always a sucker for dark grey (my first baby was a grey Accent) and the Passat's lines are best suited for that colour!

The DSG and 2.0 litre CR diesel are the same that do duty in the Laura, right?
yes its the same engine. I was one of the last ones to get the diesels.

@tombum : I was goin in for the german floor mats but the accessories guy told me tht it doesnt cover the boot and the centre tunnel. so i settled for the 2.8k Indian made mat rather than the 8k one.

@kalpeshc : Auto hold is a feature seen in cars upwards from E-Class/A6/5 Series. If you notice the handbrake is missing. It basically does the work of Holding the car on inclines. Auto hold comes into use when the car is being driven. When the driver brakes and the car stops, he can release the brake and the Auto Hold ensures that the car doesn't slide back ( A useful feature on the inclines ).Traffic on bridges becomes a breeze. The 'P' Button seen near the key slot is the EPB - Electronic Parking Brake which does the job of the Handbrake when the car is Parked ( in Parking mode ). Auto Hold feature can be permanently kept on or off. If on, the EPB switches to Auto Hold the moment you Fasten the Seat Belt and vice-versa. This feature is the first of its kind in this segment. Even the SUPERB doesn't have this feature. This feature is there even in the TSi Model.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th December 2010 at 22:31. Reason: Only 2 smilies allowed per post, please read the board rules carefully, thanks
Old 28th December 2010, 20:42   #20
BHPian

More pics this time with the interiors at night
Attached Thumbnails
VW Passat arrives-imag0364.jpg  

VW Passat arrives-imag0365.jpg  

VW Passat arrives-imag0366.jpg  

VW Passat arrives-imag0368.jpg  

VW Passat arrives-imag0369.jpg  

VW Passat arrives-imag0370.jpg  

VW Passat arrives-imag0375.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 22:13   #21
BHPian

Thanks for bringing up the pics, car looks awesome and boot looks very deep like his brother Skoda.

Key fob looks very interesting, does it has a physical key in it or it some thing like Nissan Micra keys??
Old 28th December 2010, 22:54   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the new buy, its a beautiful car. Have fun and take good care of her.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Its one of the good looking cars around. I like its implementation of turn light into the tail light assembly. Congrats on the car
Old 29th December 2010, 14:31   #24
BANNED

hey kimianks,
great car! im totally blown away! great pictures too..
Enjoy your passat and drive safe
Old 29th December 2010, 14:54   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, those engine snaps make me feel there is plenty dust in the engine bay. Is it really dust? Or the digicam playing tricks or VW has given this rusty look on purpose? I may be totally wrong there, but its the first time I get to see under a Passat's jaw.

If its really dust, did you take her for a PDI test drive in the Thar desert?? (Of course - NOM)
Old 29th December 2010, 15:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I got the same impression. C'mon dude kimianks, you can afford a 28 lac car, surely you can afford to get it cleaned! (no offence meant)
Old 29th December 2010, 15:18   #27
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The VW / Skoda engine bays are identical and do get this dusty within 10 days of a service it's quite normal and obviously ones regular cleaner will not clean the inside of the engine bay, and even if he would it would be advisable to not take his service.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:38   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the buy mate! Beautiful colour choice. Wish you have lakhs of joyful ride in it.

Drive Safe!
Old 29th December 2010, 17:06   #29
BHPian

Thanks guys seriously appreciate all your comments. Yeah i dunno what to do about that engine bay. :( The service centre guys have asked me to leave it alone. they don't even recommend using a dry cloth ( dunno why ! ) My driver has been very meticulous about keeping the rest of the car clean. No wonder its Still sparkling after 8 months!! I have to put some miles now considering that its hardly been run ( i was abroad for an extended period ).
Guys need your help.. I was going through autocar and came across this ' EUROPEAN MOTOR WORKS' which offers integrated gps ( integrated with the RCD 510) and Parking Assist ( coming in the new passat in march 2011 ). any inputs on how good it is?

The key knob is not like Micra, but the new Passat will have that. this key knob has to be inserted into the slot and its a Press and Drive..
Old 29th December 2010, 18:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^ Awesome car and great color. I personally love the dark grey and even my car is of that color.

Wishing you many happy miles and hoping to see the beauty in beautiful locations!! Drive safe! Cheers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks