Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2005, 00:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

@kajay: check and post if the indica gives consistent fuel efficiency figures.

How much in % of difference in FE can we expect from the Indica turbo compared to the NA one??
Old 9th November 2005, 09:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

nitrous, my old indica gives 15-16 in delhi traffic, so I guess kajays figure for EU-III electronic fuel pump indica is very much achievable. As for turbo, it should be more or same, because thats the case in case of indigo
Old 27th November 2005, 22:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
Great review tsk. Thanks for covering all your observations in detail. I strongly feel that Tata has made the right move to supress the hype for the Swift and get into the minds of the Getz buyers.

And I am pretty sure they will smartly launch the DICOR when Maruti and Hyundai come up with JTDi's and CRDis.

I think TATA will have to do much more than the DICOR to match Maruti's JTDis.
Lets not forget that the DICOR in the Safari is basically a derivative of the DI motor in the 407, and sumo spacio. And it runs out of breath at 3000Rpm!

Anyways, the launch of the turbo indica means that TATA has a first mover advantage in the performance diesel hatch market.
Old 27th November 2005, 23:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

Indica turbo in its current state does 0-100 in 17 seconds, which betters the fiesta. However 40-100 4th gear runs see fiesta beating the indica by 3 seconds. Mid 2007 is when the New indica/indigo platform comes out, and on that most probably tata will go for a 80+ bhp DICOR. According to Ratan Tata, the new indica/go is a bigger better car, so things are all set to look exciting. the 4-6 lakh bracket is where the diesel wars will begin
Getz Crdi vs Swift JTD vs Indica/go DICOR vs Mahindra Renault Logan(maybe 2008).

As for the DICOR Safari, i doubt tata will plonk a 300Nm+ 3L engine in the Indica even if they had the space. It would be a Riot to drive, if the occupants can survive the vibrations .
Old 28th November 2005, 00:46   #20
BHPian

nice review tsk. it made me nostalgic. i recently sold my black beauty indica dls and i absolutely loved every km that i did with that car.
Old 28th November 2005, 01:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharth_j
Lets not forget that the DICOR in the Safari is basically a derivative of the DI motor in the 407, and sumo spacio. And it runs out of breath at 3000Rpm!
Yeah but an awful lot happens before it reaches 3k rpm....140 kmph happens at about 2,300 rpm.
Old 2nd December 2005, 11:26   #22
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as per autocar dec issue indica turbo is faster than fiesta, indigo and indigo marina also. the magzine says that it does not feel like a diesel on highways.
Old 2nd December 2005, 11:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Not only autocar, even the car magazine and overdrive are gaga. However topgear is not even aware that its launched.
Anways they still crib about the rubbery gearshift, about which TATA must do something soon. The + side is the headlights which are said to be the best in class(autocar headlight rating).
Old 2nd December 2005, 16:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

How come 68 BHP producing so good performance? I have always wondered why Diesel engine with same BHP as a Petrol engine actually performs better than a Petrol..
Old 2nd December 2005, 19:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

i drove the turbo recently and it really has lost its slow turtlish character and it can easily beat petrol santros and palio 1.2's and latest autocar performance figures show that its really fast @ 0-100kmph - ~15seconds,and for the price it is offered at it is really a great car,its lot more refined than before but please never comapare a budget diesel hatchback to the likes of accent crdi or fiesta diesel but still its faster than a fiesta tdci.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd December 2005 at 19:31. Reason: spelling
Old 2nd December 2005, 20:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

But what about the low end grunt? Is it still slow in bumber to bumper city traffic?..
Old 4th January 2006, 13:45   #27

indica turbo is really amazing

hi all. when i was browsing the internet for feedback on indica turbo by chance happened to view the review by tsk. initially had plans of buying the Getz as the test ride was good and one thing that stood out in Getz was the space and comfort. then test rode the indica turbo, i dint feel it as a diesel car after the 2000rpm barrier. once the turbo started whaking in the fuel, thats it all other cars in the segment were mute spectators. found the 3rd gear ratio really amazing for overtaking and uphills.......
Old 13th January 2006, 19:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indica Turbo demo car came to our place as some guy had asked for test drive. I sat in the car & was very much impressed with the space available inside. I enquired the onroad price & was told Rs.4.8 Lakhs. He added that it will give a mileage of 14 kmpl within city. He has got some Swift brouchers & I was tempted to ask him why does he carries those brouchers with him. He replied that he readily has for the prospects who talk about Swift. Hmm thats interesting

I was offered a test drive. Always Iam bit hesitant fearing that I should not crash others car, but temptation made me to accept his offer. Gave life to the car, engaged first gear & failed in my attempt to move the car. Clutch was so hard. In second attempt I moved the car & felt the car to be very sluggish ( this is the first time I drive a diesel car). Brakes are very poor.

I become used to after I drove few kms & enjoyed it very much. Drive is very smooth & car is fun to drive after it reaches 40 kmpl.

Last edited by Surprise : 13th January 2006 at 19:25.
Old 9th March 2006, 07:25   #29

Turbo review

Hey Bro,
Nice review,,Do you know if the seats of Indigo can be installed on the Indica turbo DLG ? If no then what is the best alternative?

Regarding the Turbo lag I believe that can be taken care of with some adjustments.

Also, my friend is planing for a car and the choices are Getz and Indica disel Turbo.. What do you suggest ? The buyer is a girl(Malang one) .

Overall I think its a bargain.. what say you?
Old 9th March 2006, 08:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
How come 68 BHP producing so good performance? I have always wondered why Diesel engine with same BHP as a Petrol engine actually performs better than a Petrol..
The answer, my dear friend, is in one word- TORQUE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks