Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 11:05   #1
BHPian

My RED Ford

First I want to thank all the BHPians for their valuable guidance in choosing the best Car.

I had plans to buy a new car (this time Diesel for sure) in 2009 March and zeroed in on Fiat Punto, then I heard VW is launching Polo and I waited for almost an Year to replace my Little White Santro. I even test drove the Polo, to my Luck there was a Metro Ford showroom next to the VW (in Bangalore) and my dad suggested we have a test drive of Figo initially I was little hesitant but after reading all the suggestions and comments here finally decided to book a Ford Figo Coral Red Titanium. Got the delivery withing 3 weeks on April 4th 2010.
I have driven around 1400 Kms so far only City driving. Here are my thoughts -

The car is very good to drive around the city. I had a Santro Xing before this and I did find a little difficulty in adjusting to the diesel car but it was not much difference once I came to know how to maintain the rpm above 1500. I have a great time driving it around the city with all respect to the Bangalore traffic.

Some of the features which I loved are -

Stereo - Awesome, BT works great and I love the fact that I can even play songs on my phone. This is a WOW factor for me though.
Boot opening button next to the Steering wheel is good because I need to open it at least twice or thrice because of the security checks in our office buildings.
EVM - Electronic rear view mirrors work great
Drive away locks
6 Intermittent speed Wipers
DTE display when unlock the car and take the drivers seat
Automated Flashers when you break at high Speeds
Rear Boot Space - Absolutely fantastic

Ride and Comfort - I would give a full star rating for this as I have taken 3 people in the backseat which has more space in its class and the ride Quality is very good. This is one of the main reason I choose Fido over Polo and Punto.

Mileage - I am getting 15KMs with full AC on city(Bangalore) driving

Some of the things which need to improve -

Availability of addons before they release the car like Fog Lamps, USB cable, mud flaps and Carpet mats inside the car. I had to drive the car without mud flaps and mats for almost a month(fortunately I had extra mats from my Santro which fitted very well). But though I got these they are of very low Quality and seems to be very cheap for a car like Figo.

Electric powered rear windows is missing and this a must have feature as I came to know when I started washing the car and found that my rear window is not closed.

Steering Mount adjustments

Overall I am very satisfied with the car and hope that FORD will give all it's customers better ***. The great Value For Money was the Reason behind the choice I made between POLO, Punto and FIGO.

For now FIGO is a clear winner .

Some how I am not able to attach the pictures because it exceeds the maximum size limit of 1 MB help.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2010 at 13:04. Reason: STRICTLY No more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 1st June 2010, 11:26   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykc78 View Post
First I want to thank all the BHPians for their valuable guidance in choosing the best Car.

Some how I am not able to attach the pictures because it exceeds the maximum size limit of 1 MB help.
Hey congrats and welcome to the figo club. As far as the size limit of the picture is concerned why don't you try resizing the picture and then upload it?
Old 1st June 2010, 11:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats jay. So it does seem that some TDCi owners in BSIV cities are getting good F.E figures. 15 in city traffic is good. IS it a full tank to full tank calculation.

Agree with the quality of the mats. Its too bad to be put in this car. I had specifically asked if i would be getting rubber mats and my A.S.S said i would thats why i went in and paid for the essential pack. But i got those carpet like ones that cant practically be used for long. I have also not got the boot mats till now. Did you get them?

Enjoy. Drive safe. Look forward to pics and more updates
Old 1st June 2010, 11:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Use xp powertoys Image resizer to resize your pics to a smaller size.

Find it here:
Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Ok. Now pics please.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats jay. So it does seem that some TDCi owners in BSIV cities are getting good F.E figures. 15 in city traffic is good. IS it a full tank to full tank calculation.

Agree with the quality of the mats. Its too bad to be put in this car. I had specifically asked if i would be getting rubber mats and my A.S.S said i would thats why i went in and paid for the essential pack. But i got those carpet like ones that cant practically be used for long. I have also not got the boot mats till now. Did you get them?

Enjoy. Drive safe. Look forward to pics and more updates

Thanks Gemi.
Yes its full tank to full tank calculation.
My dealer had informed me that there will be no boot mat and it would be a Carpet mat not a rubber mat. Also the other thing is the USB cable, have you got it yet, my dealer is saying still it has not come.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:58   #6
BHPian

Congrats Jaykc78, welcome to the Figo owners club. How do you find the driving position, since you have been driving a Santro before this?

Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
Old 1st June 2010, 13:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Stereo - Awesome, BT works great and I love the fact that I can even play songs on my phone. This is a WOW factor for me though.
Yes agree on that. How do you manage to play the music from your phone via the BT. Somehow i am not able to do so. Can you please let me know or am i missing some settings?
Old 1st June 2010, 13:34   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the FIGO. Enjoy many more miles on the FIGO

Do post the pictures of the car
Old 1st June 2010, 14:04   #9
BHPian

Photos

Here are some photos.....
Attached Thumbnails
My RED Ford-kodak-001.jpg  

My RED Ford-kodak-002.jpg  

My RED Ford-kodak-003.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 14:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Congrats Jaykc78, welcome to the Figo owners club. How do you find the driving position, since you have been driving a Santro before this?

Enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
I don't find much difference after adjusting Seat height.Visibility is very clear.
Old 1st June 2010, 14:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes agree on that. How do you manage to play the music from your phone via the BT. Somehow i am not able to do so. Can you please let me know or am i missing some settings?
There is a button below the call receiving button, its called BT with the bluetooth symbol, try pressing that automatically it plays the music.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Ok your car has changed my mind. Red is easily the best colour on this car. Its incredible! Congrats
Old 1st June 2010, 15:15   #13

Congrats JayKC78. Red Figo looks stunning. Good choice of colour. Happy Driving !
Old 1st June 2010, 17:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a button below the call receiving button, its called BT with the bluetooth symbol, try pressing that automatically it plays the music.
Does Figo come with different variants of the audio system ? On my car, the button below the call receive button is labelled "1" (Preset 1 / Prev Folder), and I couldn't locate any button labelled BT (Mine is same as the image below - reproduced from the Fird Figo Test Drive and Review thread).

On my car, Audio from the phone is selected by using the SRC button. The "BT Audio" option is available for selection only when the BT connection with your phone is active, and the Music player on my Nokia starts up as soon as this Source option is selected. I guess the automatic audio turn on and Track / Folder changes might work only if your phone supports the appropriate Bluetooth Profile. If not, you might need to start the music player on the phone manually (With the car audio acting only as the equivalent of a Bluetooth Headset)
Attached Thumbnails
My RED Ford-ford_figo_04.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 20:10   #15
BHPian

We know how we all arrived at the decision considering the unparalleled refinement of

Congrats on getting 'Figoed'.

We know how we all arrived at the decision considering alternatives like the unparalleled refinement of VW Polo.
  • I am getting 15kmpl in city too.
  • On highways I get 20kmpl
  • and though hard to believe, on one particular driving cycle I got 30kmpl! driving constantly on a straight road with AC @ 80kmph

Last edited by btirthankar : 1st June 2010 at 20:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks