Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 20:00   #1

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)

Hello all,
Since long I haven't had a chance to read the reviews and post any new ones. But I would like to take this opportunity to share my experience of my new swift Vdi w/ ABS. It was a much awaited as the waiting period was alomost 2 months.

It started in the month of March'10 when I decided to sell my 6 year old Alto LX. It was very dear to me as it was the first one. I wanted a family hatchback and initially was looking for a petrol one. I shortlisted i20 asta and Swift Zxi but wanted to wait for Polo. But as Polo was launched I was not much impressed with it (personal choice). i20 was one of the option I really liked and was about to go ahead and book one before I drive the swift diesel. I liked the turbo kickoff that impressed me and wanted to have one of those. I saw lot of threads that mentioned the running cost for a diesel as I did not have that much of daily running in Pune. But later on, I decided to move out of Pune to New Mumbai for new job challenges. I then decided to go for a diesel hatch as I will be travelling a lot (local plus weekend Pune-Mumbai) and this will cross the monthly cut off for diesel. So went on and booked a Swift VDi ABS which was within my budget of 6-6.5L with Chowgule, Pune. Got a loan of 4Lacs from HDFC. Not a good experience dealing with HDFC but somehow got my loan approved. Paid the downpayment and kept some funds for ICE and alloys. The sales person delivered me the vehicle in 2 months as committed.

I did a PDI before I asked for the delivery and the sales person was very cooperative in the entire process. The day 16th May I got my delivered.

Overall it was a good experience with the new swift vdi. Initially the engine was noisy but later on it started dimming down. I drove it to Pune-New Mumbai and was really a fun driving on the expressway. I turbo kicks off at the right time and its more pleasure then. But I was careful and controlled while driving on the expressway as I had my family along with me.

Following are the accessories/ICE:
-Added Ganesh idol to the dashboard
-Sony CDX-GT696UI with USB and AUX.
-With JBL GT5-S396 oval speakers and component series JBL GTO508C
-Seat covers
-Got the film done with Garware premium side and Llumnar in front.
-Got the coating done
-Added alloys (Plati)

So here are the pics of my new swift vdi.
Attached Thumbnails
My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0001.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0002.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0003.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0006.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0007.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0011.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0014.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0018.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0022.jpg  

Old 7th August 2010, 01:57   #2

Hello,

Now I have almost done 4500 kms; the car is doing absolutely fantastic. A month back I had to face a strange problem. My car is generally parked in open parking, but due to heavy rains I started observing that water started entering into the cabin from left side beneath the glove box. I immediately called the service guy and he started investigating but could not find any clue as to from where is the water entering the cabin. He suggested me that I observe for another week or so as it may have happened that the glasses were not shut properly. I was not convinced with his advice. I returned back and started observing on daily basis. But again one day morning (due to heavy rains at night) I got the same problem. My vehicle was then kept under observation and after testing under the car wash section they service person identified the problem. The front wind shield was not properly pasted and hence water entered from here. Hence they had to remove the front glass and re-paste it back properly. Now the issue is resolved.

Talking about the performance, the car is a gem with any excellent torque boost. I love driving the car. Initially I was a bit reluctant to push it over 100kms, but now I can easily reach 140kms. I usually drive the Mumbai-Pune express highway over the weekends and hence make sure that the tyres are checked for the air pressure. "Kitna deti hai?" - right now the car FE is around 18kmpl. I hope it gradually increases.

Need help on some queries please

I have added alloys so does that affect my fe in any case?

I am interested to fill nitrogen to the typres. Can anybody suggest the advantages and disadvantages (if any) to fill nitrogen?

Have a nice weekend.

Bye take care.

-Yogesh
Old 7th August 2010, 16:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy.
It really looks nice with those black plati alloys.
I think those are 14''(Model : PP 826 REDLIB MIB) alloys with stock rubbers, so i don't think it will effect your fe.
But if you get broader rubber , yes then it will effect a little bit .
Bdw how much did you pay for those alloys and seat covers ?

Drive safe and take care
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 7th August 2010 at 16:32.
Old 7th August 2010, 21:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your car, swift looks great in white !

Alloys weigh less than steel rims and may provide a marginal improvement in FE.

Filling nitrogen makes no practical difference really, I'd suggest filling air. Read http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html
Old 7th August 2010, 22:50   #5
BHPian

hsegoy. Congrats and the car looks fantastic in White.
Old 8th August 2010, 01:51   #6

Thanks - Alloys cost me around 14k and seat covers 4k.
-Yogesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats on your new buy.
It really looks nice with those black plati alloys.
I think those are 14''(Model : PP 826 REDLIB MIB) alloys with stock rubbers, so i don't think it will effect your fe.
But if you get broader rubber , yes then it will effect a little bit .
Bdw how much did you pay for those alloys and seat covers ?

Drive safe and take care
Cheers
Old 8th August 2010, 12:33   #7
BHPian

Congrats for the swift, mate. The Swift D is still one of the sought after hatchbacks available in the market and the turbo effect is just awesome. Nice alloys.
Happy mile crunching.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have a White Ldi myself and Michelin's XM1 + 185/70 R14 was the best upgrade I did so far. It was done the very first day and the handling and confidence while cutting corners or zipping through car at 100+ makes it totally worth it. Are you still with stock 165s? If yes consider a tyre upgrade.

and Congrats on the buy! Enjoy the turbo!!
Old 9th August 2010, 11:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Yogesh, congrats on your latest buy dude.

We have 2 things in common with our latest Rides, though they are(were) arch rivals in their own respect.

1. The colour choice of our rides.
2. The Footwear choice of our rides!!

Guess those are 14" Alloys you have on your VDI, have you upgraded the Tires are well or are these OEM rubber?
Old 10th August 2010, 22:07   #10

Thanks Folks! Well I haven't upgrade the rubber; still with the stock with 14" alloys. But you know those were love at first sight! Even though the ride quality is ok, not so good I would say sometimes on bumpy track. May be after 40k I may think of adding a fatter rubber. But one thing disappoints me is that quality of interiors; Maruti-Suzuki guys, at least I would love to have good interiors in the next gen swift; I won't mind paying a few extra k's for a vehicle whose engine is a gem!

Cheers
-Yogesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Yogesh, congrats on your latest buy dude.

We have 2 things in common with our latest Rides, though they are(were) arch rivals in their own respect.

1. The colour choice of our rides.
2. The Footwear choice of our rides!!

Guess those are 14" Alloys you have on your VDI, have you upgraded the Tires are well or are these OEM rubber?
Old 24th August 2010, 21:23   #11

My Swift VDi with Team-Bhp stickers

My Swift VDi with Team-Bhp stickers
Attached Thumbnails
My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0056_1.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0057.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0058.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0059.jpg  

My much awaited new Swift VDi (ABS)-img_0060.jpg  

Old 24th August 2010, 22:55   #12
BHPian

Congratulations. The swift looks cool in white and the alloys look awesome!

Btw, is the sony system DVD compatible? And if possible can you let me know the price of the head unit? I saw the same model here and they quoted something around 12000/-.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

hsegOY - a tad late to notice your thread, but your car's a looker - in and out!
Enjoy your long drives!
Old 24th August 2010, 23:40   #14
AWD
BHPian

That's a cool car HsegOy.
I like the Swift but its rare to come by such nicely done Swifts.
Alloys, Spoiler & Sun-film have made a huge difference.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:55   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your buy. Looks great.
A 2 Din Music system would have been the most appropriate one. Would have made the dashboard look complete. Nevertheless, it good.

Any idea how much did the the stylish bumpers cost of Swift. I think they sell some as accessory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks