Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 13:11   #1
BHPian

Friends
After my all queries, small threads, reading through the forum over and over At Last she drives in , The Tucson is in, Aqua Silver :

Details
2006, Dec Aqua Silver, OEM Sunroof , Guards, Rain Guards The works.... The seller had bought this car in Dec 2009, and is an NRI going back , so I got this for a good price, I ll quote the price later. The car runs smooth, has touched 160 easily, has brand new Geolanders.

Changes Required:
I guess I m going to change the HU, get a USB Supporting Unit, Maybe even a JVC Touchscreen Double Din HU , I ll decide the same after discussing with my Accesories vendor.

I have taken the Car on a couple of Long drives and I am quite pleased with the Car, The Tucson is a great Machine to Drive, The Body Roll is very controlled if compared to the Safari and the Scorpio. The Pickup, the Drive Experience, The looks from People, and the uniqueness WOW

The Feel Yeah it does feel like a 16 Lakh Car and It does make you feel happy having spent approx 7 lakhs on the car. I just feel what getting a VFM deal feels like

The Engine : A Very able 2 ltr CRDI unit, the beast growls when needed. The SUV feels like a Car and behaves like one too. The cornering capabilities when Compared to a Swift (my previous ride) are limited but hell this one is Much much Bigger than the Swift. I ve run the Car to check the top Speed and while the Speedo showed 160 KMPH, the Scangauge was showing 148 KMPH!!! The Engine is Noiseless, the In cabin noise is very low and Overall you can feel the thing Pull the Car when you need to….without the hint of any Vibration whatsoever.

The Driving Experience: This SUV has been on my Radar from the day It was launched with an AD in the newspaper showing the car raising the Surf on a beach, I was driving a Santro then. The Gear throws are short and Crisp while the ratios can be a bit better. It is not exactly a city car, but still I do not wish to sit in a smaller car now even in the City. I drove 300 KMs in one stretch and not even once did I feel any tiredness from driving,(My Son did tire me out with his persistence to stand up and stick his neck out of the sunroof). The Gear lever placed near the Console does give a better feel and the Steering is Meaty and fullish. The Adjustable seats, The Adjustable Steering and the Thigh and Lumbar Support in the seats make driving very very comfortable

The Extras: N ow being a used Car, the Car has a Pedigree where the Previous Owner is immensely involved in the Cars he owns and has put in quite a Lot of Dough and Time into the Car, Everything is Spic and Span, The Interiors are Stanley in Nappa Leather in Beige , The Sunroof is perfectly placed and works fine. The Ice has JBL Compos Upfront and Back (in the Door Recesses)And I have Bought A Double DIN Convex DVD Touchscreen Unit for the HU. I have also plonked in a Refrigrator in the boot to add to the usability of the space and The Car now is loaded to the Brim. The Side steps do add to the look, I also find them quite useful when My Parents and Son have to enter the Car. The Rainguards, The front Bull Guard are very practical while adding to the Machoish looks of the car

Braking/4WD/TCS: The 4WD on the fly and The ABS are factors which made me upgrade from the Swift VDI, Not that I am an offroader but having that small bit set aside for that one day, I feel good. The Car brakes from 100-Nil in short distance and also the feel of the Brakes is solid that you know what is the braking distance that you have.

Looks : It looks like a Rockstar, I ve been getting compliments ever since I got it, My Colleagues who went in with me to get the deal cracked, My parents (who after my Palio Misadventure had some misgivings), The Boss(My wife) and My Lil Tyke. They Love it. And for the Price which I have taken it I ve had a couple of offers of a Premium of 2 Lakhs (He He He) already. Chandigarh being a car dense City commands a higher price in used cars than those in Punjab Interiors and People in Punjab are likely to change/Upgrade faster as they have surplus funds and the inherent mindset to go for the Latestand the Best

Space: The car has space all around the Cabin, The Boot can Eat Two Full grown Lads, and Still place something else. The Passenger Area in the Second row has so much Legspace that you feel you are inside a Limo. The Seating for the Front Passenger is again spacious and leaves the Boss very happy. The Hooks on the Backside of the rear seats to hang shopping Bags, The Hook on the front passenger side of the console for the Bags, the Lit Dashbox, The lit Ash Tray, the Cabin Lights, Sunglass Holder…. everything is so well thought of, This is a car for a family outing and still be a daily office car as well

Mileage: Now this is the only downer when I moved from a 22KPL swift to a 10-12 KPL Tucson . However this is again a diesel and while the Pinch is that I still gets the same distance in a Tankful , The Fuel Tanks’ Size has Doubled….. The Tucson on a 52 Lts(1800 Rs) Tank gave me 600 Odd Kms , which I used to get in the Swift at roughly 29 Lts (1000 Rs) of Fuel.

All around, the Car deserves a better pricing and support from Hyundai, This car’s failure is not due to Its lack of anything, True the Gear ratios can be improved but apart from that, It is just a Dream Car I wanted, and My son Loves the wind in his face with the Sunroof open…. I' M LOVIN IT

Thanks to all of you for your support, Here is one Pic which is taken from my Nokia, will come back with detailed pics soon
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-tucson-68.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2010 at 14:12. Reason: Merging review post with the opening post, for the convenience of other readers.
rohitgaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 13:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. more pics; inside and outside and a drive experience expected. Not many Tuscon reviews here i believe.

Congrats once again. Drive safe.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:16   #3
BHPian

Congrats! Rohit :-)

Enjoy the drive.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

That Sun\Moon Roof doesnot seem OEM,may be it was a dealer fitment.
Correct me if i am wrong.
How many kms on the odo?
Old 11th June 2010, 13:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

Congratulations mate...

It is a good SUV, have driven one of my friends for close to 300kms and indeed it felt more appreciable than the market opinion.

Drive responsibly, 140kmph is how much you may wana go up to as the body roll can really upset your drive dynamics at sweeping corners or sudden maneuvers post that speed...

Ensure your suspension set up feels balanced by braking hard in straight line to start with. Also listen to any abnormal noises from the steering or suspension assembly. Always remember, safety is of prime importance, specially when you intend to use a second hand vehicle to tow your family around.

Enjoy your priced possession...

p.s: Are you looking to take the SUV off the road?

Last edited by The Wolf : 11th June 2010 at 13:24.
Old 12th June 2010, 01:45   #6
BHPian

Congrats for the Tucson. We had almost finalised on 1 but there were certain problems on the other end :( We had offered him 7.5l and he had agreed to it. Very comfortable car and also great pickup. Enjoy your car
Old 12th June 2010, 11:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

I always loved the looks of this one, and it was one of my favourite SUVs (from what was sold in India) for the longest time. A very good powerplant too, I remember having driven one briefly.

Overall, very good buy, hopefully the condition is top notch.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:20   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats. The Tucson has a stonker of a diesel motor and was a viable alternative to the Scorpio/Safari range - too bad Hyundai chose to make this car anonymous
Old 12th June 2010, 11:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I never knew Tuscon came with sunroof version.
I feel getting the claddings painted to body color makes it look better but it becomes less off-roadable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats. The Tucson has a stonker of a diesel motor and was a viable alternative to the Scorpio/Safari range - too bad Hyundai chose to make this car anonymous
Tuscon was close to 20 lakhs onroad Bangalore and I guess one could buy 2 starting level Scorpios (almost).
Old 12th June 2010, 11:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post

Tuscon was close to 20 lakhs onroad Bangalore and I guess one could buy 2 starting level Scorpios (almost).
I hadnt realized that. I recollect it was around the Rs 12-14 lakh mark when it was initially launched.
Old 12th June 2010, 12:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Love that sunroof. How much has it clocked? Also, if its okay to you, how much you dished out for this vehicle (may PM me if you don't want to post it here)?

And what about its cost of maintenance/spares as compared to Safari, Endeavor and X-Trail?

Regards
Old 12th June 2010, 12:11   #12
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase! Looks neat! Get some nice pictures.

And yes, I second TheMAG, The Tuscon was priced in 12-14lakh range. I recollect a friend buying one for some 15.xx lakhs on-road.
Old 12th June 2010, 12:15   #13
BHPian

Congrats mate! Its a beautiful engine. Its a nice vehicle but hyundai dint manage to sell many.

All the best. Drive safe.

PS: Post some nice pics man
Old 12th June 2010, 12:53   #14
BHPian

Yeah its 21L in maharastra, and has a months waiting period cuz the dealer orders it for you! And it was for 16 odd when it was launched..
Old 13th June 2010, 13:47   #15
BHPian

Allright Guys.... To answer your queries in detail...
The car has an invoice dated 12th Dec 2006, for an Amt of 15,92,000/- + an OEM accessory Bill for everything as well as one for Stanley's Interiors in Nappa of 50 K Plus.
The ICE was OEM but I have replaced it with a Convex Multimedia unit, Have not changed much of the sound but I m rather enjoying the ride as of now.So no more changes as of now apart from plonking a 10 Ltr fridge in the boot. Has 59500 Kms on the ODOMeter, I m not feeling so much of change after the swift Which is a Surprise, given the large size. So I guess Performance it is a STONKER ....a bit more thirsty but Hell Yeah , It feels good.

The Pics for you all to see...
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-img_2008.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-img_2007.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-img_2004.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-img_2006.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-img_2002.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson..Drives in at last-img_1999.jpg  

rohitgaur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks