Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 12:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the car looks neat .
Congrats .
And those black wheel covers also looks nice.
Cheers
Old 14th June 2010, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Thank you all for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Wonderful review of the car and good pictures too. It seems like F.E. is low and there is a need for improvement.

I wonder how the same engine gives excellent mileage in the A-Star? I wonder if KameshR can update his figure for more insight into it.

He claims the pickup has improved but it is contradictory in this review. Requesting more WagonR owners to atleast pitch in with their experience even if they are not interested in an ownership review.
I think the pickup is being affected in city driving because of the constant need to give the engine more gas to keep the RPM high, as otherwise the car tends to stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I think this engine hasn't opened up as yet, by that I mean the running in will take more than a 1000kms.

By the way, -Nut-Case, enjoyed reading the travelogue. The issue with bad road signs and glare from the vehicles plying in the other direction is a major cause of accidents. You did well to stop at Bangalore on the way back.

Also, you must have meant that your left knee(and mistakenly wrote right knee)was in pain?
Yes my left knee . My mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Mehta View Post
Lovely detailed review & trip report. I think the blue eyed boy is a very practical choice in terms of family cars. However, I think MSIL messed up with the new exterior of WagonR. With the previous models they were trying to keep it slim & cute whereas they've tried to make it look more male & muscle now. Whenever I see the old model on the road, I find it cuter than the blue eyed boy. Just my opinion!

The front door seems longer & so does the front window in terms of width. I would love some interior shots with legroom details & the music system that came along preinstalled. Thanks for the report.
Looks were always not the selling point of the WagonR. So weather it has become uglier or better looking wouldnt really matter i guess.

The doors and windows have definitely increased in width considerable. The windows have reduced in height though.

Will try to get some pictures of the interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I think the FE should improve as you munch up more km. Since you've managed 12 now i think it should settle at around 14km/l in city with a/c I would call that good mileage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@ Nut case - congrats on your car .
I was never interested in this wagon r car until the launch of this new 2010 car .
Was very impressed with the dashboard , something which maruti never used to bother.Again the already spacious interiors became like that of a Caravan with increased wheelbase .

In fact I am planning to buy this for my family - dad and mom . This car would suit them for its better visibility and in terms of getting inside and out . 60:40 split seats enable them to get some luggage from our farmhouse ( read as banana , jack fruit , tapioca etc ) .

We were almost deciding upon this car when I saw your comments on FE .
Considering what they offer and the figure that the car really give on road , not at all impressive

Would it be possible for you to raise this to some senior in MUL . If this had happened outside India , the company would have been in court for misleading the customers . Or are there any tbhpian who can help in this ?
I think FE figures is a very vague topic. They can always come up with reasons blaming the driver for the bad FE .

Anyways it is too early to decide on it . I think i should let the engine settle down and also let my driving adjust t o the new car before taking the issue further.

If other 2010 WagonR owners give their feedback it would really help.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well written Nut case. I am planning to pick up a Wagon R too. Still confused on whether to pick up a Lxi or Vxi.
Your review has helped. Rated this thread.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

A very nice color NutCase! And the blackening of the wheels added to its charm. Good to hear that you are enjoying your drive. Please post more of your travelling experience in the travelogue section.

Have been to Munnar and the drive through the ghats is splendid!
Old 14th June 2010, 14:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Good review, I strongly feel Wagon R would continue to be a practical car in the years to come with regular updation.

To give you a comparison on fuel consumption with my 2005 Wagon R, I got about 17.5 kmpl on highway with full A/c on, we were 4 adults & 2 kids (4 & 6 years old). In Chennai I get about 10.5 kmpl with almost 100% A/c.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well written NutCase, anexcellent car with definately much more enhanced looks, wish they could do a little something about the back.

As a satisfied (ex) owner of gen 1 Wagon R, I feel that MUL has done a commendable job over the years in upgrading this car.

I was at a show room yesterday shopping for a sedan and had a chance t have a look, the plastics no longer feel cheap and the dash is something to write about.

Congrats on the excellent acquition.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratz for the new ride. And yeah, Chocobar sounds like a very apt name for your WagonR.

I like this shade of brown and the little detailing like the blacked B-pillars and wheel caps look neat.

And great pics of the road trip. Happy motoring.

Regards.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:20   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. This is probably the only WagonR where I actually LIKE the looks. The alloys look awesome.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
The alloys look awesome.
Those are wheel caps.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:32   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new possession and wish you miles of happy and safe motoring ahead!

A proud and addicted owner of Gen-2 WagonR having clocked more than lakh kilometers in just 4 years, to me this one is truly a pratical car as many have said and never let me down when it came to doing long distance trips with loads of luggage (miss that in the newgen waggy!).

I actually manage to get about 13-14 in the City with 70% Ac usage and the recent Bangalore-Pune trip with 100% AC fetched me 17.85kmpl with 4 adults, full load and speeds between 80-100kmph.

I guess, as time passes, you will get the hang of it and more precisely recognise the power band for city driving. Also, I have seen that the ECU adjusts accordingly in the city as per your driving style managing the Fuel mixture into the combustion chamber as per your throttle position and RPM levels.

Eveytime I have got my car back from a service, it judders in second after taking on a speedbreaker with the AC on and within a few more kilometers it adjusts so well that it completely adapts to my driving style.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations & welcome to the WagonR club. The Chocobar looks beautiful & the main reason I believe is due to coloring of the wheel covers; its a good idea & looks beautiful too. Welcome to the club once again.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:39   #42
Team-BHP Support

Congrats and I do hope that you realise you are trapped now.

You will never be able to upgrade, as the Wagon R will make all equations go crazy. Its truly the most versatile car in its segment. You will want to change the car, but when you weigh all the pros and cons for changing it, You will realise it makes no sense to change it.

My Wagon R will get past the 50k on the odo this week.
What better way to celebrate than a trip back home to Chennai.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Well written Nut case. I am planning to pick up a Wagon R too. Still confused on whether to pick up a Lxi or Vxi.
Your review has helped. Rated this thread.
VXI ! LXI doesnt make sense when for 20K more you get a whole lot of goodies in VXI. The electrical ORVMs is one of the most useful feature in any car.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post

To give you a comparison on fuel consumption with my 2005 Wagon R, I got about 17.5 kmpl on highway with full A/c on, we were 4 adults & 2 kids (4 & 6 years old). In Chennai I get about 10.5 kmpl with almost 100% A/c.
Well your figures are the same as mine for now. But the 3 cylinder K10B is supposed to be much more advanced and fuel effecient compared to the older engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Well written NutCase / the plastics no longer feel cheap and the dash is something to write about.

Congrats on the excellent acquition.
Thank you. I would say again that the dash in the WagonR looks ecen better than the ritz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Congratz for the new ride.

Regards.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Congrats on the new car. This is probably the only WagonR where I actually LIKE the looks. The alloys look awesome.
My alloys cost be 700Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Congratulations on your new possession and wish you miles of happy and safe motoring ahead!

I actually manage to get about 13-14 in the City with 70% Ac usage and the recent Bangalore-Pune trip with 100% AC fetched me 17.85kmpl with 4 adults, full load and speeds between 80-100kmph.

I guess, as time passes, you will get the hang of it
Better figures than mine. I would be happy either way , me getting the hang of it or the car adjusting to my driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Congratulations
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Congrats and I do hope that you realise you are trapped now.

You will never be able to upgrade, as the Wagon R will make all equations go crazy.
My Wagon R will get past the 50k on the odo this week.
What better way to celebrate than a trip back home to Chennai.
The best place to have a home, except for the heat ! this summer.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:36   #44
BHPian

Nice color combo ! The wheel caps look neat & add to the looks with the B pillar blackening

Guess your FE should improve with time, or you can still bring it up to the dealers notice & ask them to take a look at it !

Nice detailing job, this color looks awesome when it nicely treated & maintained. how are you maintaining the look ?
Old 14th June 2010, 23:56   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Got the B-pillar blacked for about Rs300 at GP road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
but one suggestion regarding the blackening of B pillar.
Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but I don't get the point of this.
In cheaper variants of cars, bumper may be black colour. In the expensive ones, it's always body colour.
In cheaper variants of cars, mirrors may be black colour. In the expensive ones, they are usually body colour.

So what's the point in taking a B-Pillar which is the same colour as the rest of the car & painting it black?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks