Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:59   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Man! The Linea looks gorgeous. It's funny that I was watching a movie today (called Blindness), it had the minimal grey (or some similar colour) Linea starring right at the start of the movie.

Boy, the more I see this car, the more attractive it looks. It's been quite a while since the car has been launched, and it still looks so fresh.
Thanks Amartya.. More you drive the Linea more you start falling in love with it. May sound cliche but its true.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:33   #32
BHPian

Good to hear FIAT has improved After Sales Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Hey thanks NVK for bumping into my thread ...

This just goes on to prove FIAT's commitment to make a better company. Show me one car maker in India who give a turn around time of less than 24 hours to a web based query. People who have doubts about FIATs spare parts
availability and service should put the query to rest.
--Vikrant
Yes the answer is big NO NO for less than 24 Hrs.
Thats why I have not used thy word *** but After Sales Service
FIAT will be the king on Indian roads shortly...........
Old 4th August 2010, 10:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

BUB has always been a nice dealer for FIAT. They have few FIAT technicians from Ashamegh which was FIAT dealer in the past. Sameer who left BUB last year has immense knowledge on FIATs. I am going to BUB since 2007 now and never faced any issues.
Old 28th December 2011, 10:38   #34
BHPian

30000Km Update

Wow !! It has been a 1.5 year and 30000km journey with the Linea. We have been to places where there were road and where there weren't and Linea has never failed to amaze me.
My friends and family after one ride or driving in the Linea had to eat their words, for they used to claim it to be under powered or not sure how it will drive etc etc.

In this 1.5years it has been to the service station 4 times. First time at 3000Km servicing, second 15000km servicing, third time when a tempo traveller ferrying employees of a reputed company scratched the left fender , fourth time for 30000kms servicing.

How much have I spent on it till date :

Servicing 1 : 3000kms @ B U Bhandari . Cost 0Rs
Servicing 2 : 15000Kms @ Acumen Motors . Cost : 5331Rs (Oil+filters) labour free
Servicing 3 : 20000Kms @ Pandit Auto . Cost : 8000Rs (New fender+ painting+labour)
Servicing 4 : 30000Kms @ Pandit Auto . Cost : 12000Rs (Oil+Filters+Front Brake pads + internal cleaning and polishing + Engine coating) . A steering bearing was replaced under warranty. Labour free.

As far service stations are concerned I haven't faced any issue with people or station. So touch-wood has been no concern in that area. Fuel economy is the highlight of Multijets and I have been getting 15kmpl in city 100% AC and 18-20kmpl on highways 100% Ac.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea : Emotions in Minimal Grey. Update : 38000 kms.-linea2.jpg  

Fiat Linea : Emotions in Minimal Grey. Update : 38000 kms.-linea1.jpg  

Old 11th August 2012, 16:22   #35
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea : Emotions in Minimal Grey. Update : 38000 kms.

An Update @38000Kms

Well lots of things happened between 30000Kms and 38000Kms. It was a real up and down for the past 8000kms.

1. 32000Kms : Met with an accident on my birthday while we were going out for lunch. A six-seater auto decided to take in more passengers. So he without any warning swerved left. Another six-seater behind him braked. A Santro behind braked and hit the 6-seater. I braked just in time literally stopping couple of inches behind the Santro. But a Punto behind me did not , so I got rear-ended and crashed into Santro ahead of me. Well the good part I could drive 15kms to Pandit auto in Pimpri without the car missing one beat. I was truely impressed by car's structural build. Future Generali sent a surveyor in hours (literally) and my claim approved with my personal expense of 18000 and rest covered under insurance. Radiator replaced, front grill and bumper, side fender, fog lamps , crome replaced. Same case with rear bumper and all fittings on it. Total bill about 78000Rs including labour, painting etc. Car was handed back to me in 7 days flat. Quality of service very good. Only thing they could not repair was boot closure sensor. It irratantly showed boot as open when it was tightly shut.

2. About 35000kms : One biker decides to watch "walking wonders of the road" rather than the road itself. So rear ended me on a slope while I was going over a speed breaker at 10-20kmph. Took the car to Shetty's garage in Wakad. Cost 5000Rs. Quality of work excellent. Shetty also fixed the boot sensor.

3. About 36500 kms : During rains wiper decides it had enough and froze as they were in Verticle position. Mind you it was raining cats and dogs in Pune. Took it Pandit Auto. The wiper motor coils were shot so replaced the whole wiper assembly. Cost 6000Rs. Luckily I had extended warranty so Free.

4. About 10 days later Check engine light comes on . Cleaned the Air filter (it was new had changed it at 32K in accident works) . Light went out temporarily but came back. Moved over to K&N replacement filter. Same thing light went out for a week and once while accelarating hard came back again with loss of power in 2000-3000rpm band with clouds of black smoke. Took it Pandit Auto. Replace the Intercooler to Turbo plumbing hose. All issues sorted. Cost inccured 750Rs . This is not included in extended warranty.

Now the car is in good shape up and running as it was ... These 4 months have made a mechanic out of me. I bought a ELM327 ODBII scanner and was able to successfully pair it to TorqueLite on Andriod phone. Spent a load of time going through forums of what can be the solutions to CEL coming on.

Hope it is worth all the efforts.... Fingers crossed...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks