Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 21:28   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Dear rajiv, regarding those photos: we were very much sure that no vehicle is coming from opposite side and we could able to see from 2 kilometers away as it was a hill station. and more over Docel was shifting the eeco to the other side of the road for a safer parking place, and he was not aware of me taking those 2 photos. he has not stopped the car in a wrong place.
Thanks for the clarification Karthik !
Hate to see these Pics removed, after all the trouble you took to capture them- they are simply beautiful. Anyway, one can see me at the wheel as also in the rear view mirror !

! went on a 100km night drive to test the new 100/90 Lamps. They are much better than the original. Must put in a coupla fog-lamps some time next week.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:00   #47

Re: Maruti Eeco came home !

I googled and found that EECO has front tyre wearing problem. Is that true?
rameshudupi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 02:31   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ yes ; I have experienced this with the earlier avtaar,Versa,which I used for close to 7 years.

The problem,in my opinion, is due to the wide band given for toe adjustment during alignment.

+-2.5mm is a wide range and I believe a good alignment with +-0.5mm should improve matters

Last edited by vigsom : 17th April 2012 at 03:01. Reason: addition of "toe"
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 11:56   #49

Thank you Vigsom. Should I get my vehicle aligned and get the tyres rotated very often (say every 2500 kms) to minimize this problem? Are there any other issues because of this wearing problem?
rameshudupi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 14:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ yes ; I have experienced this with the earlier avtaar,Versa,which I used for close to 7 years.
How often (i.e. after how many kms) did you have to change your tyres?

I'm surprised we don't have more Eecos on the forum considering that it is a value-for-money when compared to the Ertiga. Sure, we don't have the diesel option and the upmarket feel, but it makes a great second car for people who take the whole family out once a month for a picnic and find the boot space in a sedan too small.
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 17:46   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
How often (i.e. after how many kms) did you have to change your tyres?

but it makes a great second car for people who take the whole family out once a month for a picnic and find the boot space in a sedan too small.
I got the tyres changed at approx 48000kms and there was still decent life left in three tyres - two showed uneven wear.

If driving is predominantly in the city(especially in narrow lanes or slow moving traffic like in Chennai) , this is the best car to own. It can just squeeze into gaps like no other car because of its flat sides and the driver's view of the road can be matched only by the Force Motors Traveller.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:13   #52
BHPian

How's the car coming along?
Old 17th July 2023, 19:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

How relevant is EECO in today's time as a second car in house?
I find it really a good bet, if someone is willing to ignore the "Image", and Non-PS.

Just look at the price it is sold, a 5 seater EECO AC is anytime a better choice than Alto K10/ Espresso IMO.

I just wish Maruti's pays a little more attention to interiors and creature comforts and we may have a Winner.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:30   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Just look at the price it is sold, a 5 seater EECO AC is anytime a better choice than Alto K10/ Espresso IMO.
Absolutely right. Around 40K INR over a VXi CNG (MT) Spresso, one gets a CNG EECO, with much more space, same safety kit and a much better K12n engine.

The only missing bit, is a touch-screen head unit. Which I think can be easily added aftermarket. So unless one wants an AMT - the Eeco brings tremendous value for money. We have a great example of how mindset works. Most will still buy an Spresso with a K10 engine, simply because of what the Eeco's "image" is perceived as. I know it first hand - my first (and boy do I miss her) car - was an Omni. Nobody could digest the fact that I used to drive to renowned IT company daily for work for years, in an Omni. Countless made fun of it (and bought M800 STD, which didn't even have booster assisted front disc brakes ).
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks