Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 18:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
But a synth oil like Helix Ultra has cleansing properties which would help maintaining engine health in the long run i believe. And in my opinion, the synth oil actually lasts longer than mineral ( i have observed this in my earlier palio), only that you should make sure to change the oil filter when its 5k old and top up the engine oil.
I used to run my older car on synthetic oil and found it to be free revving, well I was running a header under the hood. Used to last me 6/7k kms or so and not more than that coz a change was required.

With mineral oil I followed the same cycle of changing oil at 5k kms. Synthetic oil in my case delayed the cycle by another 1/2k kms and the usual oil filter change was needed.

Apparently in a stock car we could hardly make out any noticeable difference.My friends baleno was running on mineral oil even after installing headers for a short period. For the records we found that my car was much smoother on the red-line when compared to his car running on mineral oil.

Cleansing , well I would put my money on getting the engine flushing done at regular intervals.
Old 10th May 2013, 12:49   #47
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno LXi (2005) ... Got Her Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenParadox View Post
I went to JC Road and purchased the dashboard clock for the Baleno. It was not easy to find, believe me. We scoured the main street first, and no one had it. One shop on the main street, called "Car Jewel" offered to try to get it if we would wait. Of course, we would wait!

After about 10 mins, he got the part delivered, and he showed us the product. No price tag, and he said "The original costs Rs.3,000, saab. Hum tho direct Taiwan se mangwathe hain, so I can give it to you for Rs.1,150." The bugger had a greasy demeanour, and I had been advised on this forum that the device would come for Rs.500–700. We politely told him we'd be back, and walked out.

Next was the inner roads, teeming with people. The roads are lined with auto stores ... people stand on the street to cajole you to buy from their store. There were cows lazing on the roads, and people milling around the animals, splitting trail around them like ants around stones. Inexplicably, as is possible only in India, the road also conducted (one-way) traffic. Thinking back, I am unable to understand how all this could simultaneously happen, and with no apparent problems. Like I said, possible only in India.

My wife confirmed aloud that this was the last time she was coming to JC Road, or for that matter, on any auto-part-purchase trip...

We must have asked in 20 shops before one said they had it. It was the exact same brand and model, and the price was printed on it: Rs.490!!

Thank heavens (and binz@TeamBHP) that we had not succumbed to the earlier swindle. I should probably report that store on The Team-BHP Directory. See the price tag:

Needless to say, we made the purchase. Here are the contents:

Apparently, they manufacture dash clocks for many Maruti Suzuki cars, and then some!

The unit has Baleno embossed on the backside. Finishing poor.

This is not OEM, and obviously not the highest quality, but I hope time will be displayed accurately.

I will post here how it goes after I get it installed. Meanwhile:

[1] Does anyone know if an OEM unit will be available with any MASS?
[2] Does anyone have experience with this unit?
Hi.. I am just wondering if I can source the same clock for my Baleno? Can you help with the address or contact or even online link ? Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks