Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 14:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)

It has been a long time since I have updated this thread but honestly the Ritz is a boring car. It doesn't break down, the service is inexpensive and reliable, the performance is decent and so is the handling for such a tall hatch. All I can say is the car has now clocked 21,000kms within a span of 2yrs.

After living with the car for this long I can conclude the following:

Handling:
It handles quite decently upto double digit speeds although it may be best to not push it hard around bends and can keep you confident at 120-130kph in a straight line.

Braking:
I have never felt the need for ABS and have rarely faced a scenario when my brakes were locked up. Please keep in my that most of the time the car is driven around in the city.

Performance:
Part throttle responsiveness in abosolutely fantastic. It eagerly moves ahead with the slightest of tap but do note that if you bury your foot on the accelerator pedal, it may take its own sweet time to get you going. Strange but true.

Fuel Efficiency:
Best - 18.6 kmpl (highway at constant 80-120kph in 5th gear)
Worst - 9 kmpl
Avg - 11.2 kmpl (99% city conditions)

Add ons:
The Remote locking feature does not come with the central locking from inside. You can use the remote when the ignition is off to lock/unlock all the doors but from inside if you lock/unlock the driver doors, only that door is affected and not the others. Another friend can use his driver side door for central locking in his LDi Dezire which has a similar remote lock installed.

Arm-rest is of great comfort but can get a little creeky at times.

The music system is really nice and punchy even after 2 years. No complains except a blown fuse of the head unit which does lag sometimes when it doesn't like the music I'm playing.

Have moved to stock wheels as one of the rims were damaged in an accident.

Upgrades planned:
195 section tyres with 15" rims. ALthough I might look out for Honda City steel rims to keep the costs low.

Pipercross Air induction kit for improved low end torque.

Better head lamps, but that can wait a little as the OE ones are doing a decent job.

Over all a happy owner with occassional rattles but nothing worth complaining.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 14:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
honestly the Ritz is a boring car. It doesn't break down, the service is inexpensive and reliable, the performance is decent and so is the handling for such a tall hatch.

Quote:
Handling:
It handles quite decently upto double digit speeds although it may be best to not push it hard around bends and can keep you confident at 120-130kph in a straight line.

Braking:
I have never felt the need for ABS and have rarely faced a scenario when my brakes were locked up. Please keep in my that most of the time the car is driven around in the city.
Switch to 195 you will see handling with improve by miles , so will be the braking .
Quote:
Did you get a arm-rest installed in your Ritz, please let us know more about it .
Old 8th June 2012, 15:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Did you get a arm-rest installed in your Ritz, please let us know more about it .
I bought the Arm-rest for Rs.1,100/ from Opera House and paid Rs.50/- for installation. It brings with it a lot of comfort while cruising around either in the city or on the highway. It has storage and can be moved front/ back as per convenience and when not required you can fold it up. The quality of materials is very decent and the best thing is that it matches my interiors perfectly.

The gear shifting did take some time to get used to but now am very well versed with it and am loving it. The downside is that it does get creaky at times.

Here is a picture of it.
Attached Thumbnails
White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-photo0066.jpg  

Old 8th June 2012, 15:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the Arm-rest for Rs.1,100/ from Opera House and paid Rs.50/- for installation. It brings with it a lot of comfort while cruising around either in the city or on the highway. It has storage and can be moved front/ back as per convenience and when not required you can fold it up. The quality of materials is very decent and the best thing is that it matches my interiors perfectly.

The gear shifting did take some time to get used to but now am very well versed with it and am loving it. The downside is that it does get creaky at times.

Here is a picture of it.
That is nice, how did they install the same , did they drill and install it ?
Let me check if am able to find the same in Bangalore.
Could you please post some more pictures of the same from the back seat .

Cheers
Old 8th June 2012, 16:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has been a long time since I have updated this thread but honestly the Ritz is a boring car. It doesn't break down, the service is inexpensive and reliable, the performance is decent and so is the handling for such a tall hatch. All I can say is the car has now clocked 21,000kms within a span of 2yrs.
Nice and sweet review.

Quote:
Can I get the same armrest for my Punto? Does it require drilling?

Quote:
Have moved to stock wheels as one of the rims were damaged in an accident.

Quote:
Upgrades planned:
195 section tyres with 15" rims. ALthough I might look out for Honda City steel rims to keep the costs low.
What? 195 section tyres with steel wheels?

Quote:
Pipercross Air induction kit for improved low end torque.

Better head lamps, but that can wait a little as the OE ones are doing a decent job.
What about your new diesel hatch?
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 00:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Can I get the same armrest for my Punto? Does it require drilling?
Well the basic requirement is minimum 14cms between the two front seats. So if you have that much space it will fit. I was told that it doesn't fit an I10, Dezire and Spark but fits other cars as it is a universal hand rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
That is nice, how did they install the same , did they drill and install it ?
Let me check if am able to find the same in Bangalore.
Regarding the installation, the fitter just got in the car with a basic screw driver and within a span of 5 minutes screwed it to the plastic unit on which the hand brake is and that is it. Yes, so you do have to make 4 holes but then that is way too low for anyone to see even if you remove the arm rest in the future and will be visible only if you either remove the front seats or the plastic unit.

Here is a link from where I contacted the seller and for more description of the product.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...-Console.html/

Also you may want to check this link for whereabouts in Bangalore

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...found-one.html
Old 26th March 2013, 17:05   #37
SBR
BHPian

Planning to book a Ritz LXI in next 2 - 3 months. Its the only perfect match I could find in my limited budget.

S2, can you let me know your service costs at MASS particularly the paid services. This would be helpful.
Old 24th November 2013, 16:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

31,000Kms update

So do I still love the Ritz or has it faded away somewhere?

The answer to that is: I'm totally in love!! The car has been a faithful, fuss-free companion and has never failed me. I've done a few long distance trips albeit with not more than 3 on board and the car has left me impressed with its versatility each and every time.

There are a few things I'd like to share after my experience with the car for 31,000kms.

The fuel efficiency figures are still the same i.e. 10.5 to 11.2 in the city and 16-18.5kmpl on the highways (tankful method.) Although it is worth mentioning that the car is driven by 3 individuals with very different driving styles.

The central arm-rest and 185 section tyres (minimum) are an absolute must have. While the former promotes a relaxed drive and offers supreme comfort, the latter gives you the confidence to push the car around occasionally.

The 60:40 seats are extremely useful not only for carrying excess luggage (especially since my bass tube has eaten half the boot space) but double up as an armrest for the rear passenger.

The service costs have ranged from Rs.1.5k to Rs.3.5k till date and am pretty satisfied with Maruti's service outlets.

I shall leave it till there with the pictures of the car I clicked recently at Maruti Suzuki Autocross.
Attached Thumbnails
White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-img_20131117_101838.jpg  

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-20130515-17.46.081.jpg  

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-img_20131117_101829.jpg  

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-img_20131117_093214.jpg  

Last edited by S2!!! : 24th November 2013 at 16:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks