BHPian

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8

Firstly
Thanks Admin for the welcome and the entry permit
My first post
Dreams do come true
Finally I am the proud owner of a new Fiery Black Xylo E8 with ABS
Culmination of a journey that started almost three months ago
Since I have a good ol' Maruti M 800 White (2000) that has and is still serving me very well having travelled all over the country during my frequent moves I started with the SX4 and during research on the same was pushed to check out the Tata stable of the Grande MkII and Safari Dicor
Loved the looks and the feel of the Grande MkII - but the interiors were pathetic- even to my normally forgiving senses
Thanks to Team-BHP and all you guys out there zeroed in on the Xylo
test drove only the E6 here in Pathankot - nothing else was available
Once again - (unbelievable though it sounds) decided on the E8 - only on the basis of very helpful inputs from these very pages
Thanks Rocky080, don_carmaster , beejay, sijil.karim and all the rest who posted detailed feedback
Went to Jalandhar on 30 Jul to Makkar Motors and finally test drove the E8 and booked the vehicle same day
Since Black is not top choice here in Punjab was able to get a vehicle in record time Finally made another trip to Jalandhar on 09 Aug morning and got delivery the same day
Once again Thanks a Million to team-bhp esp SMG for the informative PDI posts (carried a print-out and it really helped me immensely)
Would recommend all those going for delivery to do the same. Human nature makes you forget, ignore so many small but important points and its better to be safe than sorry
Drove back 153 km at a stretch from Jalandhar to Pathankot with some oldies country on the better-than-good music system and even the AC on low kept me comfortable even though it was 34-35C outside
Took me some two and a three-quarter hours
The only problem was to keep my baby from crossing the 100 kmph mark
She zipped and zoomed and though very very tempting to let her rip had to tell her "Walk before you run dear"
DDAS claimed an avg of 11 kpl - comments anyone
will do a full tank to full tank test as soon as I cross the 500 km run-in
Even though I found the steering and the gear shift hard and grating in both the test drive vehicles - luckily for me my model is super smooth and super comfortable
The only problem I feel is reversing - the same commanding visibility for the front is majorly hampered by the vehicle height and the rear row
Even with sensors one has to be really careful for any small objects just behind the vehicle
Feel a rear view cam is a real need but full marks to M&M for the small goodies that make one proud to have such luxury and comfort in a Mera Bharat Vahan - more details on these later
Just wanted to post some pics of NEFERTITI -my beautiful baby
Forget all those who curse the looks and say "its looks will grow on you"
I feel its a case of sour Gripes /Grapes
Xylo looks feels and is AWESOME
Cheers and looking forward to more
Congrats to all those who are blessed to own / drive or travel in the Xylo
To the others - step in and check out what you are missing
Old 12th August 2010, 21:51   #2
BHPian

Sorry Guys Could not upload the promised photos yesterday
File size was too heavy (guess am slowly getting used to seeing things kingsize)http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/LOL.gif
Anyway here are the first pics
Go ahead and drool
Nefertiti - you make my head spin
Been driving her everywhere - enjoying the head turns, the stares and the J looks
Now I know what a supermodel or a Bollywood hero feels like and its all thanks to my new baby
Cheers to all
Comments please
The first sunset from the Xylo as I drove back from Jalandhar to Pathankot
The geese are pets at the office - watch as they check out the new black swan
She's a beaut from every angle

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_1.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_2.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_3.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_4.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_5.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_6.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_7.jpg

Nefertiti -the beautiful My new black Xylo E8-xylo-e8_page_8.jpg
Old 14th August 2010, 22:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats jerry68!! great looking car!
Old 15th August 2010, 09:27   #4
BHPian

Nice pics! Take care of her, since the black beauty will require a lot of daily cleaning - hope you're aware of that :-)

Overall, excellent buy - and go many miles with her. Love the alloys too.
Old 15th August 2010, 19:22   #5
BHPian

@GeekSrik
Thanks for the good wishes and also for being the first bhpian to comment on my first post
@quadmaniac
I was aware and more so now in the first week but so do babies and we still have them and love them right http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/LOL.gif
Seriously though it is worth all the trouble just to have all those J-looks when you drive past or even if she is just standing still
Every day "Am Loving it "
Old 16th August 2010, 08:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Jerry68.

Congratulations man. The beauty in black is worth drooling over. Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Good to know that you are enjoying your drive.

The Alloys stand out and looks great. I somehow did not like the front bumper protector, takes away the angry looking Xylo look.

Did you feel the gear knob a little bit awkard in grip?
Old 17th August 2010, 00:17   #7
BHPian

@ghodlur
Well it was a bit of a shock at first sight - the gear knob as well as the position - me being used to the Maruti straight forward and simple accurate shift
Have got pretty much used to it and am lucky that even with just a weeks drive the gear shift is pretty smooth and comfortable
Am having slight problem getting into Reverse suddenly seems difficult and suddenly slides like butter
maybe bit more practice????
Had my first real enquiry last evening from two guys on a bike - All about the Black beauty - cost, comfort, mileage etc etc
Thought I sold the concept pretty well (M&M I better join your payroll)
Earlier went to check out some seat covers and sun film and was standing next to an Innova being decked up - felt proud that Xylo put even the Innova in the shade
Yes nothing beats the Xylo
More photos after the interior add ons
Old 17th August 2010, 08:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry68 View Post
@ghodlur
Well it was a bit of a shock at first sight - the gear knob as well as the position - me being used to the Maruti straight forward and simple accurate shift
Me too when I had taken the TD of the car, the gear shift in the TD car actually put me off. I simply loved the displays and more imp the display indicating the gear position, very useful info.

felt proud that Xylo put even the Innova in the shade - Be careful, you are taking the Innova guys by their horns.
What was the OTR cost, Did you get the 4 yrs warranty also along.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:52   #9
BHPian

@ghodlur
Today the gear shift behaved itself
Well truth hurts - Innova guys admit it - a winner is a winner
Coming to cost
Paid 755381 as CSD rates for E8 BS III (being in uniform)
Extra 18000 for ABS, 13500 price increase (ouch ouch!!) on that day poor me
8 thousand something insurance (dealer discount incld) 3600 for bull guard and 350 for floor mats
Registration is due
Plan to get it done from Chandigarh cheaper than Punjab by 10000
They had asked for 6000 for seat covers Luckily did not have in stock and I got them locally for 2800 with beautifully matched colours to the interior

Got my new seats covers today from a local dealer
It was late so no photos
Will click some in the daytime and post
Did not go in for the sunfilms as yet as what he showed me was too light and not much difference to the tinted glass
comments anyone on what is good -asked for 3M V-700 as advised by some one but it was not available
Taking it one day at a time
Old 18th August 2010, 09:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Xylo E8. Enjoy many more miles with the Xylo along with the space and comfort.

Do post more pictures of the interiors
Old 18th August 2010, 10:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry68 View Post
@ghodlur
Registration is due

U mean the vehicle is not registered as of yet. Are your still driving with a temp number plate. Why was it not registered during the buying process?

comments anyone on what is good -asked for 3M V-700 as advised by some one but it was not available
Taking it one day at a time
I think Llumar & V-kool are other branded films. Just hop into any accessory shop and get an estimate. Make sure that the guy installing the sunfilms is an experienced hand coz many a times novices do the job and the result is a peel off.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:01   #12
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase!

May I suggest also getting front windscreen sun-film fitted. I have it on my Xylo and it has helped immensely on sunny days/night driving by cutting down the glare. Also helps in AC performance and keeping the dashboard top from getting heated up.

Will also point out 1 more thing (at least in my E4). The middle row gets a blower control for the two rear rows, but no temperature control. In cold weather, if you set the dashboard temp control to little heat, the rear vents continue to disperse cool air. Only option is to switch rear blower off.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:15   #13
BHPian

Congrats mate! That's a good looking car. I've owned black cars for as long as I can remember (black accent, black santro)...and now soon black ANHC next week!

Remember! Always wash the dust off before using a cloth to clean the car, use wax polish (Formula 1 is easily available...insist on the genuine, and not the chinese knock off), be VERY wary of bird droppings (for some reason they scratch like HELL!).

Have you considered any sort of paint protection?

Safe driving!
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I think Llumar & V-kool are other branded films. Just hop into any accessory shop and get an estimate. Make sure that the guy installing the sunfilms is an experienced hand coz many a times novices do the job and the result is a peel off.
Yes the temp registration is valid for a month that makes it till 08 Sept so I am still within the limits
I should be off to Chandigarh this weekend for the registration
Wish me luck
Will keep all that in mind about the sunfilm thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Congrats on your purchase!

May I suggest also getting front windscreen sun-film fitted. I have it on my Xylo and it has helped immensely on sunny days/night driving by cutting down the glare. Also helps in AC performance and keeping the dashboard top from getting heated up.

Will also point out 1 more thing (at least in my E4). The middle row gets a blower control for the two rear rows, but no temperature control. In cold weather, if you set the dashboard temp control to little heat, the rear vents continue to disperse cool air. Only option is to switch rear blower off.
Thanks for all those pointers
Could you be a bit more specific about the front sunfilm specs
The guys here in Pathankot are not so up-to-date so you have to be sure what you want
Will keep in mind about the rear blowers
In winters here will need the heater for sure
Will keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Congrats mate! That's a good looking car. I've owned black cars for as long as I can remember (black accent, black santro)...and now soon black ANHC next week!

Remember! Always wash the dust off before using a cloth to clean the car, use wax polish (Formula 1 is easily available...insist on the genuine, and not the chinese knock off), be VERY wary of bird droppings (for some reason they scratch like HELL!).

Have you considered any sort of paint protection?

Safe driving!
Thank you for the tips yes it is little things like this that are so very valuable
All you Team BHP Guys - this is why this site is so great
Will get the Wax polish for sure
So far did not think of any paint protection
(the sales manager who became quite a friend over the deal suggested that all these are not really required ???
Comments fellow BHPians

[quote=Jerry68;2031594]@ghodlur
Today the gear shift behaved itself

At times the gear shift does not move smoothly into 'R'
By trial and error have figured out that instead of struggling if you shift into first, then move forward even an inch and then try shifting into 'R" its as smooth as butter
Anyone with as similar experience??
Will find out at the first service - even though it's a couple of months away

I also hear a bit of a squeaky sound from some where between the front right wheel and the dashboard especially when going over bumps
Cannot make out exactly from where as am driving at the time Help Help

Other than these few niggles its a great experience and driving this beaut is a great stress buster Feel really sad to switch off and get down from "on high"
Unfortunately cannot go for a long drive due to work commitments Sob Sob
Looking forward to my Chandigarh trip Yeah

Last edited by Zappo : 26th August 2010 at 03:09. Reason: Please stop making so many back to back posts. Answer at one go to everyone.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:29   #15
BHPian

Hello Jerry

Congratulations on your beast, may you crunch many more miles and seat passengers who keep admiring the car once they are seated!!

The problem which you noticed is something that i have also been through sometimes.
The best thing to do is what you did , or wait for 10 second and slot! Its butter smooth..

Keep enjoying her..er HIM!!!

All the best.
Keep posting,
Sahil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks