Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:00   #31
BHPian

Congrats, Subaro123!

I know its been a long wait but hats off to you for your patience and also your ability to quickly move on when you found out that the original dealership was closed. Anybody else, including I, would have been totally put off.

As a frequent backseat driver (pun intended), I can tell you that I feel very comfortable in the back seat of the Polo. I feel as if I am cocooned in comfort.

I have never felt the need to open the windows, so perhaps the power windows on the Highline are a waste for me. I am surprised you felt its need.

We have one other car in our household, a Maruti and I can tell you it has now become difficult for me and my spouse to drive each other's car. When I get into the Polo, I keep searching for the reverse gear. When she gets into my car, she keeps looking for the light switch on the dashboard. Both of us keep operating the wipers in the other car.
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:54   #32
BHPian

@nowwhat, Thanks, I would say that the wait was worthwhile. I have been on the back seat only once that too in between. Inspite of being the odd third person in between, I was comfortable and the seats are well cushioned.

Initial days of driving experience were really bad as I was a novice in driving, I felt the driving the car would be a pain. I wasn't able to get the chunk of the car. I felt maneuverability would be so much difficult. On the first day I found out VW have done so much of cost cutting they haven't included rear power windows control at driver seat, it was pretty cheap of them.

However, as I continue to grow with POLO, it was like the most easiest of car. The steering is so exact and light its fun to drive the car.

One thing more I found out that second gear is so much sluggish. The car couldn't get picked up when in the second gear. I guess it won't be a problem in 1.6L engine.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
One thing more I found out that second gear is so much sluggish. The car couldn't get picked up when in the second gear. I guess it won't be a problem in 1.6L engine.
Try changing to 2nd gear keeping the RPM range at ~2K, there shouldn't be any issue.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:27   #34
BANNED

Congrats on your new car, it looks great and resembles Getz from sideways If I am not wrong. Are the wheels 14" and what kind of warranty does VW provide?
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:52   #35
BHPian

Congratulations for the ownership of a black polo. The Black color gives a classic touch to the polo. Waiting for the Service cost figures
Old 11th April 2012, 16:47   #36

Re: VW Polo: Das Auto Finally Delivered

Hey Subaro123,
How come you Comfortline has Temperature displayed in the MFD ?
I guess only the Highline has this feature !
Old 17th May 2012, 17:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Initial days of driving experience were really bad as I was a novice in driving, I felt the driving the car would be a pain. I wasn't able to get the chunk of the car. I felt maneuverability would be so much difficult. On the first day I found out VW have done so much of cost cutting they haven't included rear power windows control at driver seat, it was pretty cheap of them.

However, as I continue to grow with POLO, it was like the most easiest of car. The steering is so exact and light its fun to drive the car.
Finally i am able to find a Polo owner from Delhi. Its been a while since you posted here. Wanted to check how are you and your car doing?

I have been thinking of buying a premium hatchback and fighting between polo and swift. request you to give your inputs on the long run review of this car.
Old 18th May 2012, 00:48   #38
BHPian

Reply in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Finally i am able to find a Polo owner from Delhi. Its been a while since you posted here. Wanted to check how are you and your car doing?

I have been thinking of buying a premium hatchback and fighting between polo and swift. request you to give your inputs on the long run review of this car.
To be frankly speaking engine doesn't have too much in it as compared to other cars (Swift and i20) but keep that apart nothing compared to POLO, this is just my opinion. I had clocked just over 13k its running strong. Even after 2 years it still feels like I bought it yesterday. Suspension, horn, finishing are absolute top notch. For my first service I paid around 6.5K and it was pretty smooth. One thing more recently I drove punto I just fell in love with its suspension but finish inside was downside and when I drove Swift first time I hardly remember anything but then its Suzuki. So I would suggest it purely depends upon you which car to buy. Both are pretty decent one and as far as POLO is concerned its pretty much comfortable to own ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_shah View Post
Hey Subaro123,
I don't know my car has one, what can I say more.
Subaro123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2012, 00:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Reply in bold

To be frankly speaking engine doesn't have too much in it as compared to other cars (Swift and i20) but keep that apart nothing compared to POLO, this is just my opinion. I had clocked just over 13k its running strong. Even after 2 years it still feels like I bought it yesterday. Suspension, horn, finishing are absolute top notch. For my first service I paid around 6.5K and it was pretty smooth. One thing more recently I drove punto I just fell in love with its suspension but finish inside was downside and when I drove Swift first time I hardly remember anything but then its Suzuki. So I would suggest it purely depends upon you which car to buy. Both are pretty decent one and as far as POLO is concerned its pretty much comfortable to own ONE

I don't know my car has one, what can I say more.
So basically apart from a little less power, nothing is wrong with this car. Also the 2012 models have the vw inbuilt ICE. And they are also offering huge discounts on petrol models... Upto Rs. 60k
Old 18th May 2012, 13:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_shah View Post
Hey Subaro123,
last i checked, now all the models of Polo have this. I think it was always there in all models (Trendline may have been an exception though)
Old 18th May 2012, 16:58   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
last i checked, now all the models of Polo have this. I think it was always there in all models (Trendline may have been an exception though)
I wonder
or is that you have to press any specific button on the mfd ? (although i have tried everything)
Old 19th May 2012, 10:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_shah

I wonder
or is that you have to press any specific button on the mfd ? (although i have tried everything)
I recently went to a vw dealer to check out polo and he told me that its available in all the models. Though it took me a while to digest that.

Y don't u call up vw helpline and ask or just visit a service centre and ask them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks