Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 11:14   #1
BHPian

VW Polo: Das Auto Finally Delivered

Hey all, after more than 4 months of torrid waiting period I finally Got my POLO. Lets just talk about the chronology of the event just a brief background how I decided unto POLO.

It was almost one and half year into job when I decided its time for me to buy a new car (never considered for old one), so the hunt begins thereon. I went to auto expo most eagerly hoping to catch an eye over recently launched cars. Toyota Etios was on my mind to check for but to my disappointment, I was told it would only be released till end of the year and I didn't want to wait for that much long. After disappointment straightway went to VW complex there was a quite of hoard surrounding the CARs. When i checked in it was VW POLO which was released in India at Auto Expo '10. The car looked fab and classic more than anything. Interiors were also synchronizing with the outer appearance, couldn't got the chance to sit inside the Car that time but then i got one more option to ponder about buying a car. Only area of concern was "3-POT Engine". I am not automobile enthusiast but know 3-pot engine could be driving lesser on power. I thought i would just go for TD then decided on CAR. I was never interested in Ford and we were tired as well so we skip the Ford complex.

For my budget of 5.0L around i had limited my options to i20, Punto, Swift and POLO never ever considered i10. I didn't want swift as it is ubiquitous all around. But that was apparent as i didn't even visit any of the Car showrooms except Hyundai and VW. I like Punto but name of TATA -Fiat attached to it brings a big question mark on it, so never considered after POLO. The price of i20 was bit on higher side as I was not keen to push my budget to that extent. Finally decided on to POLO.

When the car was made available in showroom I was one of early customers to inquire about. NCR Ford and Bhasin Motors were quite near to each other, so i thought just to check out Ford Figo as well. SP there was polite and did tell me everything about the car. But somehow I couldn't able to get Figo into my likings as POLO did. Front and interiors couldn't just dwell with me, so decided to drop Figo from the list.

Checked VW POLO at bhasin Motors, TD vehicle was not available at that time but got enough incite about the CAR in first visit. Then finally TDed the vehicle with one of my friend, i was never too sure about my driving skills at that time so I asked him to take test ride. The ride was utterly comfortable and solid body made feel good type feeling. My friend was very well pleased with the ride about steering control and short and slick gears. I felt power was ok types. For the time being, I was pretty much anxiously worried about the A.S.S. of VW and review of the POLO. Never knew about Team-Bhp at that time. Then finally decided on booking the POLO. I went to Bhasin Motors for booking, inquired about booking amount and it was 50K. I thought at that time why are they asking for so much booking amount. They were at time pretty much arrogant at the same time. Then decided to walk on them. I inquire at other dealers hoping to get some sort of discounts. Kashyap Vehicle works responded that they would be able to give some corporate discount which Bhasin Motors have straightway refused. Then I booked POLO with Kashyap Motors on 29.03.10.

The waiting period starts, I started dreaming of Car but it seemed like i had to wait for eternity. Twist in the tale. I wrote a mail to VW marketing head that I had booked POLO with Kashyap Motors and haven't got car still even after waiting for 3 months. To my amaze i got information that Kashyap Vehicle works dealership have been cancelled and they are no longer the dealer. I would thank this time to VW as the kashyap Vehicle doesn't give any information about cancellation of dealership. (contd.)
Old 13th August 2010, 11:27   #2
BHPian

Congrats Subaro123. post a lot of pics.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:29   #3
BHPian

let me be the first one to congratulate you. Welcome to the world of German finesse, solidity and refinement. I'm sure your car will serve you for a long time with full of joy, pleasure and one of a kind experience.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:01   #4
BHPian

After cancellation of dealership, I applied with Kashyap for refund of my booking amount. At the same time booked POLO with other dealer (Bhasin Motors South Delhi). I was told that deliver of my POLO would prioritized as per my original booking. But it got delayed anyhow. Then finally got call from Bhasin Motors around last week of July your car is in transit. Finally, Car was delivered on 8th Aug. The delivery process completed fairly easily and rapidly. Did my PDI as mentioned in Team Bhp but did miss out on few details. Bhasin Motors gave me box of chocolate as a token of gift, took keys from them.

I bought Door Sills and Mud flaps from the VW Dealer and thats all, as I have already compared price list of accessories with market they were overly priced. This completes my car delivery process.

Odo reading was 16kms. They had filled 5 lts of petrol in the Car.

Driving Experience

I would have to say this is the easiest of car I have ever drived. The gears are short and slick and steering is just to light and accurate, I love to drive this vehicle. I have to mentioned that I had only driven Santro and WagonR prior to my car.

Pros
Short Slick Gear
Feather light Steering
Good Aircon ( Have to change speed 2 to 1 after 4-5 min.)
Easy and visible console
Good handling
High Gear ratio (2nd Gear can be extended to 50-60kmph)

Cons
High Clutch pad (its problematic on busy traffic for long time)
Rear Windows control not in Comfortline (one of the cost cutting features)

I didn't find vehicle to be much more vocal as others have said, even when windows are open I have to concentrate hard to hear the engine sound. On ignition it does make fair way of peppy sound but it settles down. Will upload pics in evening.

After market Accessories

Pioneer DEH4290 Rs. 7700.00
Rockford 6inch front Rs. 3000.00
Hertz 6inch back Rs. 2800.00
Mats Rs. 750.00

P.S.: Got able to connect antennae coupler with HU.

Cheers
Old 13th August 2010, 12:35   #5
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats subaro. Happy Motoring. BTW what is the color. VW is a car of No Worry Type due to real german engineering and quality.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:42   #6
BHPian

Sorry, Forgot to mention color of the CAR.

ITS POLO Comfortline Black (PETROL).

Last edited by Subaro123 : 13th August 2010 at 12:43. Reason: Correction
Old 13th August 2010, 13:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your purchase. Polo is right now the most sensible buy according to me.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:02   #8
BHPian

Congrats for your new car!

What is the OTR in Delhi?

Anup
Old 13th August 2010, 18:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Subaru123! I'm sure the 4 month waiting must be totally worth it. Plz post some pictures of the beauty...
Old 13th August 2010, 19:13   #10
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car.

Please post some pictures!
Old 13th August 2010, 19:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrarts on the new purchase. Enjoy your ride. Post a few pictures. Drive safe!
Old 13th August 2010, 20:02   #12
BHPian

Hey congrats Subaru on the buy. Took a ride in polo last week. Good comfy ride. What I didn't like is- the rear windows don't slide all the way down. Wonder why would anyone like keep it half way down. Any comments on this feature?
Old 13th August 2010, 21:11   #13
BHPian

Congratulations Subaro123, wish you many many happy miles !
Awaiting pics of your car.
Old 14th August 2010, 01:26   #14
BHPian

Thanks guys. Here are some of the pics.

This Black Beauty costed me Rs. 5.35lacs including 8k corporate discount.

There are quite a few irritating things about the car rear windows not been operated from front driver seats and reverse gear. But they are manageable. I guess rear windows not lowering down fully may be one of safety features that would have been given VW. Still my Car's rear seat is virgin, lets see what others have to say regarding rear leg room.

One thing more I have been inquired lot about the car. I guess it's still uncommon in Delhi. First thing they ask about is the mileage of the car.

Its like VW that would be quite "expensive" types that I have been given feeling from others.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo: Das Auto Finally Delivered-img_0697.jpg  

VW Polo: Das Auto Finally Delivered-img_0699.jpg  

VW Polo: Das Auto Finally Delivered-img_0700.jpg  

Old 14th August 2010, 09:58   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the black beauty. Just wondering what "EPC" in the instrument cluster stands for. Electronic Power Control? German for the conventional terminology EPS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks