Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 18:23   #31

@ ajai_dev: To answer your queries:
1. Yes the car does have a dead pedal spot, I personally find the spacing quite alright, however some have said that the spacing between the dead pedal and the accelerator are a bit cramped (big feet probably )

2. Nope no DVD playback, but there is a possibility for an AMP install via blaupunkt tha 555 pnp Amp and wiring kit (haven't done it yet but plan to) I have upgraded my speakers though front are Blau Compos and rear are Coaxial, It sounds pretty darn good since I have been EQing audio systems for years so I have custom EQes it to the max.

3. ACC is (the rest of you boys can pitch in) Great !

4. I cant drive without my armrest !

5. Will try to post pics of the arm rest and the pedal config as soon as possible but if you are really interested in going for it I would highly advise walking into the nearest showroom and getting up-close and personal with this baby.

@ Klub Class, freakmuzik: Will do as soon as possible.

@ noopster: Thanks a ton !

@ hiren.mistry: I too wish they weren't there at all, and... yes MJ is still missed

Cheers All.
Old 27th August 2010, 18:56   #32
ajai_dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAxe View Post
1. Yes the car does have a dead pedal spot, I personally find the spacing quite alright, however some have said that the spacing between the dead pedal and the accelerator are a bit cramped (big feet probably )

2. Nope no DVD playback, but there is a possibility for an AMP install via blaupunkt tha 555 pnp Amp and wiring kit (haven't done it yet but plan to) I have upgraded my speakers though front are Blau Compos and rear are Coaxial, It sounds pretty darn good since I have been EQing audio systems for years so I have custom EQes it to the max.

3. ACC is (the rest of you boys can pitch in) Great !

4. I cant drive without my armrest !

5. Will try to post pics of the arm rest and the pedal config as soon as possible but if you are really interested in going for it I would highly advise walking into the nearest showroom and getting up-close and personal with this baby.

Cant go to the dealership because there is non locally have to pick up the car or test drive it in Chandigar, Shimla has mainly GM, Maruti, Mahindra and TATA only "No fiat" dealers.

I am quite interested that you can use the armrest while driving, i took a test drive of the Cruze "Pondering to buy either a Cruze LT or a Linea Emo Pack" and could not use he armrest well at all while driving. I loved the ACC on Civic and was wondering how good/bad is Linea's in respect. Lastly its great that this has a dead pedal because Cruze did not and a dead pedal is really good for long drives "I drive Accent Viva CRDi that also has one and its very good to have."

Thanks for the replays Axe

Old 27th August 2010, 19:07   #33

Here you go guys. Higher res versions of the pics, grainy because of low light conditions, will post better ones soon
Attached Thumbnails
Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0515.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0516.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0518.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0519.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0520.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0526.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0536.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0543.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0546.jpg  

Emotionally Packed Experience - My Fiat Linea!-dsc_0559.jpg  

Old 27th August 2010, 20:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAxe View Post

Cheers All.
Do you want to say the space between Clutch and dead pedel.?
Old 27th August 2010, 20:14   #35

Yup sorry my bad, was typing in a hurry, yes indeed I did mean that only
Old 1st September 2010, 14:36   #36

Hey guys was wondering if any of you have had a funny screeching noise from the front LHS of the car. This noise came in the first 3 months of ownership. The workshop fixed the same and it was gone. Now (even after changing the link-rod) the noise is still present.

Its a "khach-khach" like found which comes mainly while accelerating and has now become quite loud. Sounds a bit like loose nuts n bolts.
Old 24th May 2012, 00:23   #37

Emotionally Packed Experience - Packed with Primacy!

I thought I would update this thread as its been a while since I wrote anything on team-bhp.*

They say that enthusiasts form a bond with their cars. Enthusiasts love for their car to have personality. *Women (and many A to B commuters or chauffeur driven boys) would laugh at that last statement, purely because they don't want or understand personality, they only think of utility. It's us enthusiasts who think from the heart, fall in love, clean and wipe our cars, gasp when someone hits our cars and almost cry when it's time to say goodbye.*

We think of the car as not just a car but as an extension of us - an emotive representation of us. And this is why I strive to ensure that my baby (whom I am very much in love with) says fit, fine and beautiful.*

These last few moths have been very eventful for my Linea in that it has gone through a 2 critical upgrades. These were mostly forced, but have led to a new level of love for the car. It has amplified (through involvement and outcome) the man machine bond between my car and I.*

Before *writing any further I must say that Fiat, and the dealer (ABS motors gurgaon) have been fairly involved with me through the issues I had and have worked quite hard to ensure that I have been a happy camper (not treading on competence of repair work but more on time taken to replace under warranty).

I will go backwards in time for and try to be as Brief as possible though I must share with fellow BHPans, these interesting highlights.*

Today May 23rd 2012 - the Linea gets new shoes, primacy LC it is.*
*I had been researching the web, post here on the website, speaking with friends to months about these tires and knew I wanted them. Didn't really want to cough up the stash of cash though. As it turns out, today, the retardedly ridiculous Goodyear GT shits on the car finally caved (at 27k odd KM!!!). Shocking eh? Yes the dealer at the tire shop said I should have paid more attention to alignment etc etc. but really, what kind of crap tires are these. If fiat is listening and I guess I shall ensure they do (I always do) - Strive to do little things that count for your customers, in the next upgrade equip the Italian beauty with good rubber.*

So on to my first day with the Primacy LC tires. One word - Awesome! I can't feel a single bump and the ride is oh so smooth. And yes friends, I have already taken the car out on the highway at 140 and the tires do great. I know I have summed up the excitement with a bit of an anti-climax in line1 of this para, but really, I would advise all Linea owners to get these. Wow oh wow oh wow.*

These are the tires the car always wanted to wear, but, was never given by the mother-ship. Anyways, for me it's a new Linea now.*

April 2012 - the big interior transformation.*
So as it turns out, during some routine work at ABS motors the workman attending to my car managed to perform the miraculous act of scratching my dashboard. Not a little, not the occasional mild scar, but a really bad set of scars that I could not let go of.*

In true enthusiast spirit (i was born a perfectionist) I decided to shake down the house at Tata, Fiat as well as the dealers. A few emails and a couple of phone calls later they decided to change the dashboard unit. Of-course, thrilled as I was, I couldnt be less prepare for what was about to happen a week later....

Curious?

Let's just say that my car now has a 2012 dashboard with micro grain plastic and chrome linings. To add to the consistency I decided (paid) to change the door handles and AC vents to chrome as well.*

Yes folks you hear it right - Fiat sent in a MY2012 dashboard and I decided to make it work instead of sending it back.*

So guys, in closing and in conclusion I now have a car which has the 2012 interior and boasts a super plush ride with primacys, that the stock tires just can't do. Happy? - you bet I am, still an emotionally packed experience if you ask me after 3 years of owning it.*

Note - we also bough a medium grey Punto emo which my wife now drives
BadAxe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks