Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 14:58   #16
Team-BHP Support

Amazing review there! My first car was a Ford (It still my only car!). I did not know what one meant,
when they said, its a drivers car. When I drove others, I realized what Ford is! Its an awesome experience.

People comment that after 4 year Ford is called "Found on the Road Dead".
But at least that is not my view. As long as there is a regular service done, car is maintained another
family member, it would serve you real well!

Take care of it and all the best!

Congrats once again.

Last edited by ampere : 24th August 2010 at 15:00.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

In fiesta's, I would love to have one small digital clock somewhere in the instrument cluster or in dashboard???
Old 24th August 2010, 15:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
In fiesta's, I would love to have one small digital clock somewhere in the instrument cluster or in dashboard???
The Fusion has it at least and as you said, I am used to it!
Old 24th August 2010, 15:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The headunit displays the time in a fairly big font. Yours does not?
Old 24th August 2010, 15:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Any ideas on how I can set the HU volume. Everytime I switch the HU on the volume level is 8 and I have to change it to either 9 or 10. Is there a way to preset the volume level at 9 or 10. Pls advise.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Damu, wonderful first report of your 1.6 fiesta. Am amazed to read the details that you have mentioned and a side by side comparison with your 1.6 Ikon. Now you have tempted me a lot with this report. You don't know how eagerly I've been waiting for your Hyderabad trip .
To tell you the truth, I just sat on one of the Fiesta on display that was there when I went to shop for my Ikon. I have had no luck thereafter.
Old 25th August 2010, 00:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Damu.Congratulation on your S. Nice writeup though comparing with Ikon every now and then was going little over the edge but anyways quite a detailed report. ..
Thanks Ghodlur! Sorry if I went overboard with the Ikon comparison, but that was intended. Will tone it down a bit to make it more acceptable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am not entirely sure about this but maybe its cause we both have Ikons from a very different year of manufacture. Switch gear on my Ford is just brilliant.
Your model is an imported one Sandy. Bound to be a difference, I guess.
Quote:
I do not recall where I read about this but back then this is what Ford had in mind and that is why they sloped it.
Yes I recall that. But the fact is that the boot was high set so that made the slope necessary.

Quote:
Yes. You can get a tube less tire repair kit from any major tire dealer. You repair a tubeless tire with the repair kit. There is no other way. Even a tire dealer will use the same puncture repair kit
I'll talk to you on this Sandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on getting a true drivers car! Enjoy many more miles driving it.Do post the pictures to make for a complete story.
Thanks Krishna! Pics are in my earlier post (link given in my first post). But I will be adding more pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I guess it's perfect for your listening tastes which is good for you. I like low bass, mid bass, accurate reproduction of cymbals and image between the front seats, so I upgraded. Actually its worth upgrading just so that you don't have to bother with CDs any more.
Just saw your ICE thread Gilead. Awesome stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi Damu,
The bonnet will not release in full while moving,...Please correct me if something wrong.
You're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
..apart from giving the kid a piece of one's mind.

Quote:
@damu---nice to know your neighbour has a car like mine. Looks like there are quite a few Fiesta's in your locality, eh?
My apologies, vnabhi! Today I saw his car again and realised it's a ZXI with alloys. The alloys mislead me. He takes good care of it.

There are probably a dozen Fiestas in our complex, and half a dozen Ikons. Only one guy has an S, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Damu,
Great comparison man, you covered almost everything . I picked my SXI on 6th Aug and have done 700km only yet. I also wanted to know how to adjust the watch on the HU not able to do it
Thanks carfanatic!

Adjusting the clock is simple, just check your audio guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Amazing review there! My first car was a Ford (It still my only car!). I did not know what one meant, when they said, its a drivers car. When I drove others, I realized what Ford is! Its an awesome experience. ..As long as car is maintained another family member, it would serve you real well!
Take care of it and all the best! Congrats once again.
Thanks Ampere! You're right about Ford. It's a special experience indeed.

And once again, thanks for the help on the Garmin, will be PMing you for more help tomorrow!

Quote:
It's there in the HU, Nair. It's visible in day or night. That should be okay since you can keep it displayed all the time by selecting the option.

Or, do you mean you'd prefer a separate LED clock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Damu, wonderful first report of your 1.6 fiesta. Am amazed to read the details that you have mentioned and a side by side comparison with your 1.6 Ikon. Now you have tempted me a lot with this report. You don't know how eagerly I've been waiting for your Hyderabad trip .
To tell you the truth, I just sat on one of the Fiesta on display that was there when I went to shop for my Ikon. I have had no luck thereafter.
Thanks Manish! Yes, our Hyd trip will be coming before Nov. You can drive my S all the way to Nagarjunsagar!

Old 25th August 2010, 11:15   #23
BHPian

Well the older Fiesta's(2006 model) have a digital clock in the dashboard but the H.U doesn't show time,cost cutting i think.
Old 25th August 2010, 11:18   #24
BHPian

Hi yogi1771,

Does all 2006 variants equipped with digi clock as OEM? mine is Feb-2006 ZXI but it does not have one, however HU shows the time.
Old 25th August 2010, 11:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Thanks Manish! Yes, our Hyd trip will be coming before Nov. You can drive my S all the way to Nagarjunsagar!
This is so damn irresistible to even think of.
Upto what speed have you pushed the S till now. Running in is over now or will you hold the horses till first service?
Sir jee, need more photos asap.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi Anachronix, thanks!

I have to thank you very specially because you gave a very correct analysis of Ikon to S comparision and that made my decision very much easier.

Muchas gracias, bro!
You are welcome bro! The S is one car which can spoil your Ikon memories soon. It did for me

Congratualtions again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The headunit displays the time in a fairly big font. Yours does not?
I would still love a time display unit like the one that comes in the Swift right near the bottom of the windshield. I dont want to take my eyes off the road when I have to check time. However, the auto eye in my G-shock have kept things easy for me till now
Old 25th August 2010, 14:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi yogi1771,

Does all 2006 variants equipped with digi clock as OEM? mine is Feb-2006 ZXI but it does not have one, however HU shows the time.
Mine is a March, 2007 sxi and it does have what yogi1771 said. The manual says the HU also has it, but I could not spot it in mine.

My car also has a display for outside temperature, which I am told is not there in later models.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:05   #28
BHPian

I think only the sxi model had the digi clock along with the outside temperature display.

Last edited by yogi1771 : 25th August 2010 at 15:06.
Old 25th August 2010, 18:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
This is so damn irresistible to even think of.
Upto what speed have you pushed the S till now. Running in is over now or will you hold the horses till first service?
Sir jee, need more photos asap.
Yes I need to take some pics. Will do so soon. Max I've done is 130 for short stretches. Generally it's between 80 - 120 on the highway runs. Two days ago, on the way to Tumkur I very briefly touched 140 once, just to loosen the engine a bit. (But my Garmin registered a max speed of 131 kph only. I must consult my GPS guru, Ampere!).

Keep yourself free for a day - I need a guide to Nagarjunsagar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
You are welcome bro! The S is one car which can spoil your Ikon memories soon. It did for me
After a month with the S, my feeling is that you're going to be so right!

Quote:
My car also has a display for outside temperature, which I am told is not there in later models.
That's a nice feature to have, I would really like to have that. Lucky you!
Old 25th August 2010, 19:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

That's a clean crisp review. Fit to go into a car mag

Congrats on the car. I have driven the car only once and I still can't get over the 1.6's magic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks