Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 17:51   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am responding to a pm sent on this post by someone drawing my attention. My Lxi has none of the features you've mentioned, except the central door locking, which I'd missed out. Yet I paid 30 K more than my brother who bought an Lx in 2001/ 2002

In case you think features offered now were there in 2001, please cross-check before you post. It is possible they introduced them in later years.

While on this, I feel charging 30 K only for power steering and manual central locking 9 years ago was daylight robbery compared to the same amount today.
Very glad to see a lot has changed since 2001. I will take your word for it about the features that were present or absent back then. Did not realise you were talking about the first gen WagonR. And good to see competition having a positive effect on prices.

Now back to Ford Fiesta
Old 24th September 2010, 23:46   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Yup, that is the logical conclusion, I can understand the anger of fiesta fans..
I would have abstained from posting anything on this thread had it not been for this guiled caustic comment below the belt.

My dear friend, at least there are some who can claim to be Ford fans. Given the way cars are treated (as reported on this very thread), unfortunately there would be some who can never have the privilege of being fan of any brand, leave alone Ford

May God bless their current and all future cars.

EDIT - why did an old adage just struck me out of the blue: a bad carpenter always blames his tools

Last edited by AlokSriva : 24th September 2010 at 23:52.
Old 25th September 2010, 07:20   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Doctorji, lets start a thread about Heart, that would be a very useful and informative area which will lead all our dear members to live with a healthy heart ! Looking forward to that and I am out of here too .
It's Pleasure Interacting with You Guys, any day we can go ahead with It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
I would have abstained from posting anything on this thread had it not been for this guiled caustic comment below the belt.

My dear friend, at least there are some who can claim to be Ford fans. Given the way cars are treated (as reported on this very thread), unfortunately there would be some who can never have the privilege of being fan of any brand, leave alone Ford

May God bless their current and all future cars.

EDIT - why did an old adage just struck me out of the blue: a bad carpenter always blames his tools
Please Read My posts again, , I have made this comment previously also..
It is (as a fiesta fanboy myself) I can understand the anger of fiesta fans.

Coming to brand loyalty, I have answered this in my previous posts, the whole article is about coming out of the Tunnel vision of brand loyalty & assess your car independently, unbiased.

If 99% of the users of particular brand or car are happy, & your car starts giving problems ; you land up in 1%. So as far as your experience is concerned it is going to be 100%

I did not mean it to hit below the belt, I have never done that. This kind of article cannot be written by a person who believes in hitting below the Belt.

I could have written the article just highlighting the issues with the A.S.S. and conveniently forgetting my mistakes. (I had posted many smilies like this in the original article , that were removed to make it reader friendly )

Kindly try to understand the spirit of the article , in which it was written, I have never mentioned the name of the Service center in the whole post. This is not to malign brand or car; just a spread sheet of my side of story. I wanted to share the experiences with a car which I loved passionately. But, Any day My Nephew or cousin asks for driving it (though there is a chance that it could be damaged) My answer will just be to handover the keys; because People matter to me most than anything else.

''We should love human beings & use the things; Our Troubles start when we do it the other way.." Swami Vivekananda

I am pretty straight forward; if you feel like being hit below the belt, I am extremely sorry for my words.

Finally, this reminds me of An adage used by Arnav on Times Now,
''If you don't like the message; then Shoot the messenger !

Most Viewed