Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 18:49   #16
BHPian

I love this colour Tuscon wine . It looks really good on Punto. Apollo accelere are much better than Goodyear , from personal experience My Spark has Apollo and Linea Goodyear.
Please post some interior pictures too.
Old 16th September 2010, 18:56   #17
BHPian

Congrats reinsender. Yours is second tuscan wine on TBHP IIRC. Car looks amazing. You will need to stay in correct RPM band to take the max benefit of turbo. Do not lug the engine. Many happy miles!
Old 16th September 2010, 21:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Reisender! That's a premium color.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
It seems that it is hard to find a punto owner, who is not a BHPian, considering the depressing sales figures (in the August Sales Report thread) and the raining number of puntos in the forum.
Well, seems that we are contributing at least 10% of their sales, aren't we?
I think we should ask FIAT to provide discounts to TBHPians, a kind of corporate discount...
Old 16th September 2010, 21:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Punto. The tucsan wine color looks lovely. 2 Tucsan wine puntos in the same week, Nice!

By the way is this the 90HP version, since you said they wrongly booked the 75HP version?

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Reisender. The car looks beautiful in this color. Observe the run-in precautions properly and take good care of her.
Do post some more pics of both interiors as well as exteriors.
Old 16th September 2010, 22:17   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey Reisender. Congrats on joining the FIAT family! You will surely have a rocking time with the Punto!! Hope you post here a detailed ownership review and other updates regularly!
Old 16th September 2010, 22:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
By the way is this the 90HP version, since you said they wrongly booked the 75HP version?
I think it's the 75HP version because the door handles are in body color, not chrome.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:16   #23
BHPian

@Reisender congrats man!

Why didn't u choose vista? as per your list it fitted your budget and features, what was better in punto? both TATA A.S.S.

@ Others i am confused about linea or punto, i know they are different but i have been reading a lot of niggling issues with linea....is punto built quality better? i would be doing lot of self driving in Delhi
Old 17th September 2010, 10:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
@Reisender congrats man!

Why didn't u choose vista? as per your list it fitted your budget and features, what was better in punto? both TATA A.S.S.

@ Others i am confused about linea or punto, i know they are different but i have been reading a lot of niggling issues with linea....is punto built quality better? i would be doing lot of self driving in Delhi
Quality wise Punto is leagues ahead of Vista. And about the niggling issues , it is a matter of chance that you will come across it and if you do there are a host of solution available on TBHP and TASS is pretty responsive too.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Congrats da on the Punto! Punto craze never seem to come down even after so many new launches.

Hope to see a complete ownership review in future.
@EARTHed, Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Great choice ! Congratulations !

It seems that it is hard to find a punto owner, who is not a BHPian, considering the depressing sales figures (in the August Sales Report thread) and the raining number of puntos in the forum.
@SilkDrive , Thanks and yeah you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on the new Punto. That color looks really like its been dipped in that stuff but, Punto in white still is my favorite.

Enjoy your drive!

@Silkdrive, well said. I reckon all Fiat owners are passionate about their cars and hence, you find them on this forum and non passionate people tend to stay away from this product.

Infact, there is another silent hyderabad tbhpian ( Srimath) who too contributed to Aug'10 sales. Bought same car in same color
@mobike008 , thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Pardon me : but I did not quite get this. Reverse parking sensors and U turn ??? How do they help while taking a U turn ?

No issues. You haven't missed out on anything. Apollo Acelere are actually better than Goodyear GT3

In fact, the Punto is the most fun to drive in the 3rd gear. Reduce speed to what levels ? Watch the rpm : the turbo kicks in @ 1750 rpm. Don't lug the engine (too high a gear for too low a speed)

+1 to that

I guess you meant body roll

Congratulations on the car !!
@amog - What i meant here is, due to a large turning radius , one forced to make 3 point U turn and in a tight street/road it is quite helpful. Did i make sense here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
Congrats, mate. Always good to drive a Punto with the sweet diesel. Havent really seen this colour earlier, looks quite nice!

Many happy miles of crunching.
@Driver2K - Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Congrats on your new car Reisender!

The second Tucson Wine Punto on the forum in two days, Wow!

The tires you get do not depend on the trim level. The TD car (90 HP) I drove had Appolos, but my car came with Goodyears.

I guess he means slowing down to around 1K rpm. Yes, it is slow to pick up and yes, it should be avoided.
@StarrySky - yeah i meant the pickup at low rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilyinblue View Post
Congrats Reisender on your italian beauty. Is it 90HP?
Drive safe and wear seat belt.
@Smilvinblue - Thanks, no it is 75hp one

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Congratulations!! Reisender. Your car looks very good in this shade. Acelere is actually a better tire than the GT3, do not worry about it.
@Anshu - Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations on your new car. It looks awesome in this color.

Can you mention the OTR price of your car?
@Joe, it was 7.1 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Reisender - First of all Heartiest Congratulations on your buy. Enjoy many many miles of safe driving.
As far as tyres go, trust me the GT3's are useless. I have had it on my car and they have started showing all their weird characteristics after 20K km. Dont down rate the Apollo's just because they are an Indian co. These are also quite good, I have seen VW Polo's with the same brand.
@Maverick - Thank you . I thought GT3's were better compared to Acelere. That's why i when i saw Apollo's during PDI. Anways, All for GOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Reisender, hearty welcome to the Fiat Punto Club. Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Fiat Punto looks equally good in all colors and I guess that you might have had troubles choosing the color. Anyway, you have made a right choice. Fiat Punto in Tuscan Wine looks gorgeous.

And, I feel that there is no need to worry about the tire. From my personal experience, Goodyear GT3 isn't a good tire. Moreover, the tire noise is very very irritating too. Yes, We've Goodyear GT3 in our Fiat Punto. So, I guess that Apollo Accelere would be much better when contrasted with the Goodyear GT3.

Do keep us updated with your experiences. Don't forget to upload more pictures of you Italian Hatch.

Drive safe.

PS: I liked the title of the thread.

Amith
@Amith, Thanks and sure i will keep updating this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Congrats.I see that you ve got the car at Concorde Ambattur.Where are you in chennai?I am planning to get the same colour in Active MJD variant for my unlce.I am using a Dynamic Diesel for the past one year.Just love the Punto.
@Vignesh - Thanks -Spot on: It is Ambattur Concorde. I live in West Tambaram (Mudichoor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats reinsender. Yours is second tuscan wine on TBHP IIRC. Car looks amazing. You will need to stay in correct RPM band to take the max benefit of turbo. Do not lug the engine. Many happy miles!
@NutsNbolts - Thank - Yeah i will try.. Still I'm a learner in MT cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Congrats Reisender! That's a premium color.....

Well, seems that we are contributing at least 10% of their sales, aren't we?
I think we should ask FIAT to provide discounts to TBHPians, a kind of corporate discount...
@Sandeep - Thanks .. +1 to that.. Its raining Punto in TBHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Punto. The tucsan wine color looks lovely. 2 Tucsan wine puntos in the same week, Nice!

Do enjoy many more happy miles with the car.
@Krishna - Thank you and it is 75hp one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Congrats Reisender. The car looks beautiful in this color. Observe the run-in precautions properly and take good care of her.
Do post some more pics of both interiors as well as exteriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Hey Reisender. Congrats on joining the FIAT family! You will surely have a rocking time with the Punto!! Hope you post here a detailed ownership review and other updates regularly!
@paddleShifter - Thanks man.. I will post some over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think it's the 75HP version because the door handles are in body color, not chrome.
@StarrySky - Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
@Reisender congrats man!

@Mindgrinder - Thanks ..
Reason i haven't went with vista:
1) Safety first - I felt punto way ahead in that solidity
2) Looks over Punto - I felt in love at first sight
3) Oh Indica - That cab one? (I got this comment when i told my options to few
So removed it.. Sorry owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Quality wise Punto is leagues ahead of Vista. And about the niggling issues , it is a matter of chance that you will come across it and if you do there are a host of solution available on TBHP and TASS is pretty responsive too.
@Vikranti - +1 to that.. Latest punto interior quality (Read fit and finish) were way better than what we heard over the forums earlier.
No Loose ends/hanging parts and other.
At least it is the case in my piece.

Last edited by GTO : 18th September 2010 at 00:11. Reason: Please read our rules. STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post
Old 18th September 2010, 00:14   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, this colour looks absolutely stunning on the Punto! I've always wondered why the rich maroons, greens etc. aren't provided by all manufacturers in India. It's so boring to see the same black, white, silver, blue and red on the options sheet. Great to see Fiat taking the lead.

Congrats on your Euro-hatch, Reisender. The GP should be immensely satisfying to own, despite its quirky nature. I have fallen in love with that steering, over & over again, each time that I've driven one. Drive safe and I hope you keep updating this thread with your experiences.
Old 18th September 2010, 00:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post

@Mindgrinder - Thanks ..
Reason i haven't went with vista:
1) Safety first - I felt punto way ahead in that solidity
2) Looks over Punto - I felt in love at first sight
3) Oh Indica - That cab one? (I got this comment when i told my options to few
So removed it.. Sorry owners
thanx for info, please do post experience with TATA Fiat A.S.S.
Old 19th September 2010, 17:14   #28
BHPian

Can you post some more pictures of your car, the daily run experience, FE figures?

I got this from the Fiat India website http://www.fiat-india.com/fuel-punto.aspx?ModelId=6 Is that true with respect to the FE figures?

Last edited by joe1980 : 19th September 2010 at 17:19.
Old 19th September 2010, 19:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your buy.
a rather pleasant color choice .
wish more manufacturers offered this color.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Can you post some more pictures of your car, the daily run experience, FE figures?

I got this from the Fiat India website Fiat India Is that true with respect to the FE figures?
Joe,
I got 378 kms in 24.5 ltrs of diesel with 100% A/C (80% city). Guess It's ok until first service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks