Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2010, 00:01   #16
BHPian

Congrats Baz on your purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Had this query for quite sometime. Is getting insurance done at dealers end more helpful/easier while making accident claims? If insurance is done outside,as Baz has done, will it make the claim process more tedious?
Baz, I believe has finally taken the insurance from the dealer only and I also had this doubt whether there will be any benefit if we take the insurance from the dealer.

Along with it, I also have the question on warranty, like if we go for higher power head lights where you need a "cut out" which requires a cut in the wiring, does the warranty is in tact when done with the dealer?
Old 4th October 2010, 14:50   #17
BHPian

I checked with the Hyundai showroom yday, they informed me that headlight add-ons ( costing around 1000 to 1200 INR) wont breach the warranty; However projector headlamps would.

Also, the showroom advised that I must stay away from Minda headlamps.
Old 4th October 2010, 18:36   #18
BHPian

congrats and many more happy miles baz_303.
Any plans on Add ons? And did you opt for the addtional waranty?
Old 5th October 2010, 14:26   #19
BHPian

@ classicselva:

The only add on that I am planning is more powerful headlamps.

I did opt for the additional warranty

Thanks for the wishes!
Old 5th October 2010, 16:39   #20
BHPian

@ Me-hul, As long as your insurance supports cashless claims facility there should not be any issues. I got my insurance done myself and unfortunately had to make a claim. The dealer (Trident Hyundai) helped me out fully and it was a breeze to make a claim. Just check with your dealer whether they provide support to a particular insurance company before taking the insurance. I remember seeing a board @ Trident Hyundai that they dont help in case of TATA-AIG??
Old 5th October 2010, 21:05   #21
BHPian

Thanks Gene. Can save about 6-7k if insurance is done outside. As good as a cash discount
Old 30th October 2010, 03:08   #22
BHPian

1200 Km update!!

Hi Every one, completed 1200 Kms today, and here is what I have to say about the experience thus far:

1. Its a big beauty - takes her time to get off the blocks (read signals), the weak low end torque coming into the picture. However, once you reach around 1.5 RPM she zooms and comes into its own ( this will take some getting acclimatisation - the sluggish start and the sudden spurt).

Once off the blocks ( lets say after the initial 10 seconds), the car handles like a dream She behaves the way you ask of her. Throttle response is excellent. She feels planted at high speeds; and to reiterate - the steering does become progressively heavy with the increased speeds.

2. City handing is very good, you look forward to crowded signals ( thanks to the convenience of the Electronic power steering and for the glances that she draws for her looks. This is a hatch with an amazing road presence!);

3. The A pillar creates a real blind spot, one needs to be especially careful at cross roads - especially in the nights;

4. There is no rattling here! I am so very glad! The NVH levels are fantastic to say the least;

5. The AC isnt the most powrful one - however, its adequate. The Automatic Climate control is very convenient and effective ( 20 Degrees + Medium fan cools the cabin down pretty fast)

6. Both the headlights and the horn are meek;

7. Music system seems pretty good ( however, I am not the best person to comment on this feature, as I prefer to listen to the silent hum of the engine rather than songs while driving );

8. Breaking is superb and confidence inspiring;

9. The 3rd gear has got a good range - a must for city driving.

10. The antenna is a 'come steal me' type. Ridiculously easy to remove!

11. The read view mirror may become a bit of a hindrance for tall drivers ( as it comes into the line of sight a bit. I found it to be pretty easy to get used to it though);

12. This is not a tall boy - need to remember that. Its not low slung either - seating is just right. When you get into the car, you feel like you are getting INTO it ( and not sitting ON it!);

13. Despite the moderately powerful AC - the cooled glovebox works very well!

14. The boot space is very good;

15. Being the heavy beauty that she is, the i20 crashes into medium sized potholes. She negotiates small ones pretty well though!

16. Fuel Consumption - She turned out a more than descent 390 Kms for 30 Liters of petrol a week ago 100% city driving, with 95% AC on.

- More as I come across!

- Baz
Old 30th October 2010, 12:05   #23
BHPian

@ Mods - I am not able to figure out as to how to modify the title to reflect the 1200 KM review. Could use some help here pls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks