Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
How do I reset the trip? I am very confused regarding the controls. I cant understand the menu buttons and their functionality. As above mentioned, I do not have the manual, which I will be getting in 30 days time. Till then I need a maunal of the Punto Active. Can anyone help?
Just click on the button at the end of the right hand side stalk on the steering and hold it for a few seconds. The trip data will be reset. However, I think you can only reset the Trip B data, not the Trip A data. I wonder why you didn't get the manual with the car. I got the manual when i took delivery and the controls are not too difficult to understand, you just need to experiment a bit .

Congrats on the Punto by the way, and welcome to the club .
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on owning the Italian head turner. For the cost you got it at, I really doubt if you can own a better looking car. The 1.2 petrol may not be the most efficient 1.2 motor around but it has a strong mid range and should be a breeze to drive.
Old 3rd October 2010, 11:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think you can only reset the Trip B data, not the Trip A data. I wonder why you didn't get the manual with the car.
Sorry. Got late in replying to my yesterday's post. Anyways, I still believe that it is important to give user manual at the time of delivery. It isn't right to keep it till the delivery of the smart card. It is always good to read the manual on the very first day.

@Newpunter- You can reset both Trip A and trip B. Select anything related to tripA (av. fuel consumption A, av speed A, trip A etc and keep it pressed for 10seconds. Same for trip B).
Old 3rd October 2010, 12:29   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Aparanjha,
Enjoy the Bold new drive.
Keep us posted on all the developements.
Since both of us have taken the delivery on the same day, In a way it will help us in the long run in discussing about our Gasoline puntos.
I feel that petrol puntos are less compared to the diesel siblings and it always helps to know a fellow bhpian having an almost same car
Old 3rd October 2010, 17:30   #20
BHPian

Congrats Arpan. Two new BNWs on TBHP. Great looking car. Do keep the thread alive after you do the ICE mods.
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats Arpan. Nice to see yet another Punto thread today!

BNW looks stunning. Hope you have Fiatful days ahead.
Old 3rd October 2010, 18:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

[@Newpunter- You can reset both Trip A and trip B. Select anything related to tripA (av. fuel consumption A, av speed A, trip A etc and keep it pressed for 10seconds. Same for trip B).[/quote]

Trip meters can be reset . but not the odometer.
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Congrats Aparanjha,
Enjoy the Bold new drive.
Keep us posted on all the developements.
Since both of us have taken the delivery on the same day, In a way it will help us in the long run in discussing about our Gasoline puntos.
I feel that petrol puntos are less compared to the diesel siblings and it always helps to know a fellow bhpian having an almost same car

Sure Hemanth, We will keep in touch through these threads. Found your thread closed by GTO, please update it soon and get it re opened. And no, its not my 1st Anniversary, but I'm marrying soon. SO I guess both of our acquisitions compliment each other well, doesnt it?
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Sorry. Got late in replying to my yesterday's post. Anyways, I still believe that it is important to give user manual at the time of delivery. It isn't right to keep it till the delivery of the smart card. It is always good to read the manual on the very first day.

@Newpunter- You can reset both Trip A and trip B. Select anything related to tripA (av. fuel consumption A, av speed A, trip A etc and keep it pressed for 10seconds. Same for trip B).

Thanks everyone I have reset the Trip meter. A kind person Mr. Yashik Bansal has sent me a soft copy of the Punto Manual, so I am a lot more relieved now. Here in kolkata, the Tata guys sell very few Puntos, so they are least knowledgable about the systems. He said, the Manual has not yet arrived, so I will have to wait. Its natural seeing so few Puntos on the road.

Hi friends, Finally I found out time to take my beauty out for a drive today. This is the first time I am spending some time with her during the day time. I could do so the last two days cos of busy work schedule.

I found a small problem today which went un noticed on the day of the delivery due to excitement I guess, i.e., I found a small peice missing from the front passenger door release lever console. It is the small triangular piece (in my Active on other doors, it is Black mesh grilled). I am posting a pic of the missing section.
I do no tknow wot it is called, neither did I find it anywhere on the manual. Can anyone please tell me wot is its name so that I can enquire with my dealer if they have a spare piece so that I can get it tomorrow itself.

Please see the pics and help.

Finally some more pics which I shot today at home.

I went on a short drive today, got the pollution check done. I did around 25 kms, the drive was very very good. I didnt find significant lack in power maybe bcos it has been a long time I havnt been driving peppy cars. The last and most frequently driven car for me was my brother's Sumo and Scorpio. I guess none can be considered fun to drive.

Anyways, back to my drive today. I did about 25 kms up and 25 kms down today, mainly on traffic free roads and the Airport expressway(which may be considered to be near highway traffic). I found the car good, obviously it is. I mean, the FE has improved. the real time indicator showed above 9 km/l most of the time.
The suspension is fantastic. I perpetually drove it over a few bad patches, and the car was amazing. The steering is very very precise. Breeze to drive around. Just having some issues to park it at the garage, due to short turning radius and long bonnet and overall length of the car being a bit longer than usual hatch backs. I hope to get used to it soon. But on the road, I had no problem at all in spite of the menacing Rickshaws and Auto Rickshaws, and Taxis here in kolkata.

Here are some pics, will keep posting about the drive and more pics will come soon. Keep this thread alive and kicking.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010564edit.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010554.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010555.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010560.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010562.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010564a.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010567.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010570.jpg  

My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol-p1010571.jpg  

Last edited by Amartya : 5th October 2010 at 20:46. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 4th October 2010, 11:01   #25
BHPian

Very nice pics. By the way, you don't need to get the pollution check done for a new vehicle. It is only after one year that you need a pollution check certificate.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Arpan. Nice to see two FIATs together. Is that Fiat 1100 Elegant yours?
Old 4th October 2010, 11:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics.

The piece missing from the front passenger door is the tweeter cover. Ask your dealership to get one fitted asap.

Also, it is always better to remove the plastic lamination covers from the dashboard before delivery because they apply some wax polish or something that gives shine to the dashboard. I also did not get it removed and when I removed it after a few days, the area of dashboard under the lamination is now having less shine so I see a dull patch as compared to the area that was polished.

You can remove a small part of the lamination and check if you too notice the same. You can then ask them to polish the whole dashboard again after removing the lamination(if you wish), when you go for fixing that plastic.
Old 4th October 2010, 13:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Very nice pics. By the way, you don't need to get the pollution check done for a new vehicle. It is only after one year that you need a pollution check certificate.
Thanks. But the sales person at the Tata Fiat dealership had advised me to get it done as soon as possible. I had asked her about the same thing, bcos I too knew that till the first few months I dont need a check, but she said I wud require it. So I decided to get it done.
Old 4th October 2010, 13:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Nice pics Arpan. Nice to see two FIATs together. Is that Fiat 1100 Elegant yours?
The Fiat 1100 is my friend's whom I consider almost as my brother. So speaking non technically, the 1100 is not mine, but can be said ours. Indeed it is lovely to see two of them together. The 1100 is a wonderful car. Needs some maintainence, havent been run since the last few months. I love that car, many people had enquired with my friend if he wants to sell it or not. We all have strictly gone against selling it. We will soon be restoring it to its original glory.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:00   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Sure Hemanth, We will keep in touch through these threads. Found your thread closed by GTO, please update it soon and get it re opened. And no, its not my 1st Anniversary, but I'm marrying soon. SO I guess both of our acquisitions compliment each other well, doesnt it?
They sure do

Sorry for misspelling your name in my last post. I've asked GTO to reopen my thread.

Please remove the laminations and get the whole thing polished becasue what paddleshifter has told is right. Plastic lamination covers make the cars feel new but it actually spoils the whole thing.

One more suggestion, along with the modifications you are planning, get the automatic window closer fitted. I want to do that but at the same time I do not want to get the warranty voided. Since you are already fitting the music system,you can get his one also fitted. It really helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks