Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 12:11   #16
BHPian

Kritikji .
Nice color .It is surely better than our bakers chocolate but I love it.Remove that wood finished gear knob .It does not gel well with the car.We are having your previous pioneer HU .Wow ! Rockford Fosgates !It may be a good sounder .
Regards SreeHariKrishnan
Old 15th October 2010, 11:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Kritikji .
Nice color .It is surely better than our bakers chocolate but I love it.Remove that wood finished gear knob .It does not gel well with the car.We are having your previous pioneer HU .Wow ! Rockford Fosgates !It may be a good sounder .
Regards SreeHariKrishnan
Bakers chocolate? one question I always wanted to ask for this color owners, I feel it is easy to maintain; Is it so?

The gear knob was actually a nostalgia carried forward from my previous car. But I was actually told that it looks cool.(I agree it is subjective)

I am an audiophile (but not about car audio) otherwise, After changing the speakers to Rockford Fosgate (I barely knew about the brand before buying !) I felt the audio quality with Pioneer HU was not satisfying. I just called up Harsha (owns Pitshop in Somajiguda) and explained him. I was wondering whether I would need to add a SW and amp. He listened to the setup, and made me hear the same CD in his Car (even that doesn't have SW or AMP) , I could make the difference between Alpine and Pioneer. I just changed the HU (as suggested by him), needless to say now it sounds Awesome. Even the FM sounds better with Alpine. Though Alpine customization options & loudness are less compared to Pioneer, but SQ is great.(I agree it is subjective)

Had a bad scratch yesterday , on the front Bumper. A cyclist hit from wrong side to stopped car; as I was coming out of the Hospital gate, Luckily he was not hurt. It was not my fault though.
The first scratch was in the first week, to the rear left tire arch, scraped a electric poll, trying to avoid scraping the public prosecutor's car parked in front of my gate. (was my mistake)

Maruti should provide a small tin of Paint for all new car buyers !!
what do you say?
Old 15th October 2010, 13:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Had a bad scratch yesterday , on the front Bumper. A cyclist hit from wrong side to stopped car; as I was coming out of the Hospital gate, Luckily he was not hurt. It was not my fault though.
The first scratch was in the first week, to the rear left tire arch, scraped a electric poll, trying to avoid scraping the public prosecutor's car parked in front of my gate. (was my mistake)
Maruti should provide a small tin of Paint for all new car buyers !!
what do you say?
Driving in Delhi, I feel that if there is no scratch within the first week, then there is some thing missing. Scratch/dent occurrence in order of probability

1. Parking Attendants
2. Cyclists
3. Motorcyclists

I also find that a nice shining car attracts scratches! After the first one you have to wait quite some time for the next one! On my K10 I have tried to put rubber bumper guards where there is maximum chance of scratches, still cyclists found an unprotected one.
Old 18th October 2010, 09:59   #19
BHPian

The problems with the paint are
1. They get scratched easily. In In 16 months of ownership ,there are swirls almost everywhere.Tried rubbing compound but it makes the sheen lost .
2. Accumulation of coal tar
Our car is now 20200 kms old and now went for service .Would start a long term rreview soon .Please visit .
Now about HU
Its quite decent sounding.We doesnt want to spend a premium on ICE .
Old 18th October 2010, 11:13   #20
BHPian

A Small travelogue ! Very Happy too.

I feel very happy to share my experience with Ritz, I took it to Gulbarga on Sunday Covered 450kms

Route: Hyderabad to Gulbarga(Karnataka) & Back. via Zaheerabad, Humanabad NH 9 Mostly. Many Check posts & lorries throughout.

Road Condition: Good , except for a patch of 25 kms once you enter Karnataka , full of monster Pot Holes .

Average Speed: 80-100 kmph.

Weather Condition: Heavily Raining , all the time

Time: Up Journey in the Morning 6.30am, Return by 6.30 pm

Passengers , Luggage: Myself & Wife. average Luggage. I drove all the way, of course alone.

Experience: The car is a well suited for Highway, It just glides through. It is painful driving on Potholes, Ride gets Bumpy. The power is very good, car steers effortlessly upto 120kmph+. I am not expert driving in rains, but it feels very safe traveling in Ritz. The body roll at speeds above 100kmph is easily noticeable, but not scary. It is a highway Beast.

The headlights are very weak, visibility was quite less during Rains. There is No way I will be driving with OEM head lights again.

Issues: Twice I landed badly, in deep potholes, with a scary thud. No specific Incidents. I had a Severe Tension Headache from concentrated driving in Night & Rain, Knee pain too. Had to take Crocin. Feels OK after a good night sleep. Inspected the Car in the morning No damages what so ever. Looks very Dirty, will give good wash.

Others: Uncle (Senior Pediatrician, Driving Enthusiast) wasn't very convinced for not buying the i20. Gave him the keys for a drive, I could see his happiness as soon as the Turbo kicked in 3rd gear, in his words "wow boy, It drives like a racing Car !!" No complaints about my choice there after.
Old 18th October 2010, 16:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

which leg did you have the pain? right or left? how tall are you?
Old 18th October 2010, 21:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
which leg did you have the pain? right or left? how tall are you?
Right, Mostly because of Continuous use of Accelerator & Brake pedal,
I am 5'10''.
Gave me a FE >20kmpl , on Highway
Old 19th October 2010, 08:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! does your left leg fowl with the central console?
Old 19th October 2010, 22:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thanks! does your left leg fowl with the central console?
No not at all.
I keep the seat adjusted, It is the right knee,not left. I don't think it is related to that.
Probably long driving Hours (10hrs) I am not used to.

Do you have a problem with central console?
Old 19th July 2013, 12:11   #25
BHPian

Sorry for not updating my thread on Ritz,
A marriage, a death, a birth and 2 Exams in the family kept me away. .

My Ritz clocked 38k this week, will be completing 3 yrs by August end.
It has served me gracefully all these years no issues, never needed to go to the service station other than for the regular maintenance. Having some rattles on back door s recently.
Post 20 k service costed 6k and later 4.5 k on average .

Thinking of upgrade; Should I or Shouldn't is the turmoil.
Family size increased so is long distance travelling. Finding it bit congested with toddler on board, and the luggage requirements.
Looking for a comfortable 5 seater with adequate boot, Ertiga vs Spacious Sedans vs Duster debate is going on for a while.
With budget around 11L , need help from forum members.

1. 40k for 3 yrs petrol or diesel with 65% finance ?
2. Monthly on poor roads. . Duster or Ertiga or Sedan with good GC ?
3. is Ertiga worth upgrade for doubling EMI over Ritz ?
Old 19th July 2013, 12:22   #26
BHPian

Re: Our Ritz VDi : The Fill It, Shut It & Forget It Car !

Hi Kritik,

I would say from the choices given, Ertiga would best fit your choice as the family will only increase with time

Having said that I would still feel Ertiga is just over priced for what it has to offer for a diesel and the space. Have you considered Enjoy, Evalia ?

Incase its 5 seater and a spacious sedan, you do have a lot of choices. I am assuming you would be choosing Diesel again, so top of my head are diesel variants of Sunny/Scala, Rapid/Vento, Amaze and Verna.
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 13:12   #27
BHPian

Thanks for the fast reply.
My monthly tour involves remote villages so not considering many of the cars with poor service centre reach. Suffered a lot with Ford previously. ..

Took TD of many
Evalia and Enjoy too boxy for my liking and daily commute for a doctor.

1. Etios : both engines are okay interiors ? 1L price difference between Ertiga

2. Verna , New Fiesta: poor GC,
Verna no doubt the best at my price range , Slightly un inspiring as far as the handling and turbo lag but I still consider it. Heart over Mind. 126 bhp mind blowing...

3. Sunny fitted the bill perfectly. But gear shift is worst., poor GC, service centre reach, went against. .

4. Verito lost on Taxi image, tried week for TD no response, poor customer attention from their side. Probably they're used to sell it to Drivers !

5. Vento and Rapid loose on the same lines of poor GC , service reach

6. Manza lost on city Drivablity as 50% self drive.

Need to take Duster Td tomorrow, with face lift new Duster in near future hope to get good discounts. .

Any suggestions : first petrol or diesel ? With 40k usage in 3 years?

Last edited by drkritik : 19th July 2013 at 13:14.
Old 20th July 2013, 09:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

For bad roads the best sedan is the SX4 with one of the highest GC. Next best is the Ertiga.

That said what I have found is that the old work horse Omni is one of the best VFM for rural roads. It is narrow, spacious and extremely rugged, and to cap it all the cost of a new Omni is less than the depreciation of a 10L car over a two year period. If you want a slightly modern version go for Echo.
Old 20th July 2013, 12:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Thanks for the fast reply.

Any suggestions : first petrol or diesel ? With 40k usage in 3 years?
I believe Ertiga Diesel fits the bill perfectly. Its got ample ground clearance with space for 7 on occasions, while the third row can be folded to create a massive boot area. Fold both the rear rows & you can have space to spend a night sleeping in your car, when you can't find suitable accommodation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks