Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 10:00   #31
BHPian

Re: My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Well I would like to know more about this school of thought. Can you please elaborate it ? It will help me getting things done right at first time itself.
Well cheap films are bound to peels off early, not properly installed so high chances of air bubble generations, do not give the required heat rejection and are subject to RTO approvals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
I am also planning VKool for front windshield and plan not to do at Rear windshield since Figo ZXI has rear defogger. But if they agree as with you, how effective will it be to have Sunfilms at Rear Windshield ?
the sun film i have also acts as Anti-Glare. I usually travel in nights and the reflections from cars behind me were kind of a distractions. Althou i have a Day-Night rear view mirror but i wasnt quite comfortable with the rear clarity i got from that.
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 12:28   #32
BHPian

Thanks for Information. I will keep it in Mind while going for Sunfilm Installation. I am Planning VKool Antiglare (70%VLT, 99%IR) for Front windshield and for Sides I am Planning Garware/Lummar (50% or 70% VLT ?? % IR Preferably clear shade). At present my pocket permits that only. BTW my highway driving either Day or Night is not Much, may be once or twice a month that too between 5 AM to 9PM one day trip of 500KM total, so not much bothered about rear sunfilms.

Last edited by whitelion : 30th June 2011 at 12:29.
Old 30th June 2011, 20:19   #33
BHPian

Here are some better quality pictures that I clicked today. Comments are most welcomed. The first photo shows the dent that happened today itself. The bumper of the bus hit the drivers door resulting in this.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img_0042.jpg  

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img_0044.jpg  

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img_0051.jpg  

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img_0055.jpg  

Old 30th June 2011, 23:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Here are some better quality pictures that I clicked today. Comments are most welcomed. The first photo shows the dent that happened today itself. The bumper of the bus hit the drivers door resulting in this.
You are lucky nothing serious happened. Most cars don't look so good after an encounter with a big bus.
The damage doesn't look too bad. You can get this fixed at any bodyshop. No need to take the car to the A.S.S for this.
Old 1st July 2011, 08:56   #35
BHPian

I also consider same thing that I was lucky. I was standing in a traffic. The bus tried to overtake me and as soon as it tried to come in front of my car its wheel went inside a ditch. So due to this it bent towards left and the front bumper of the bus hit my drivers door.

I am continuing the Dealer Experience as I was not able to update this thread as I was busy.

I purchased my car from Narain Ford. They were very prompt. I was given test drive the same day I had gone to see Figo. After test drive we had made up our mind that we will purchase Figo. The next day I called the SA and asked the waiting time. SA said that the waiting is around 1 months. SA also gave me a copy of Autocar in which they had compared Figo and Polo. Then the SA said that they have 4 cars in transit and will reach in 2 days. The colours were black,white,chill,silver. Chill and Silver were with coral coloured dashboard. I was not interested in coral colour so decided not to proceed further. White was rejected as it was EXI and I wanted ZXI. Black though looked very beautiful but here in Lucknow lot of construction work is going around. Due to this I did not wanted the black. So decided to go with squeeze colour and wait for the delivery.

But the waiting was not in my fate. One day SA informed that they have a squeeze colour with black colour available. Initially another person had booked it but was not able to deposit the total amount. So he cancelled the booking. Without wasting any time I booked the car. It was decided that I will do the insurance and registration on my own and not through dealer because I wanted the number of my choice. Everything was final. On the other day our car was ready for delivery. We all went for the delivery at 4:00pm. The process was very smooth and by 6:00pm our car was standing infront of us. The SA gave a quick demo and handed over the keys. What a feeling it was. The AC is awesome. The fragrance of the new car was so nice. I straight away dove to a temple and after that returned home.

This is the total story since test drive till final delivery..
Old 14th August 2011, 21:31   #36
BHPian

My car has covered 3900 km. First servicing was done last week. The total bill was Rs. 1410. The breakup is as follows -:

1. Battery terminal spray - Rs.10
2. Wash Fluid Pouch - Rs. 51
3. Oil Filter - Rs. 334
4. Engine Oil - Rs. 851
VAT - Rs. 168

Did a trip to Kanpur and got a mileage of 19.5 I am really enjoying driving it. Hope to munch more miles in coming days. Got the dent removed and it is as good as new.
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:37   #37
BHPian

Updating the thread after a very long time. Was very busy with work. Since the time I sold my Grande I was using Figo for daily commute. It has completed 8000 km. Tomorrow it will go for its 2nd servicing. Little bit of rattling has taken place but it will be sorted out during 2nd servicing.
Old 11th February 2012, 10:14   #38
BHPian

The 2nd servicing is over. But few days back I had to send the car again again to workshop due to some issues. A whining soung was coming from the engine compartment and the rear windows when rolled up were making a weird noise. They checked the windows and gound no problem in them. They said some dust had accumulated and that was causingn noise. For whining noise they took a test dtive but sound did not occured. They told me that many people are coming with similar complaints but it is normal. So brought the car back. Now there is noise from the other window. Till now it has covered 9000 kms approximately. Rest is all fine and it drives smooth without any hassles.
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:30   #39
BHPian

Figo has completed 10,000 Kms. It has been a fantastic experience owning Figo. But yes a little sad moment also when it was banged from behind by a police Jeep. Total bill was 49600 Rs for the repair. After coming back from workshop it has started doing its duty again without any fuss. The ride quality is very good and till date their is no rattling. Here are some photos of the Figo for the time being. I am also attaching some photos of Figo before repair and after repair.

These are the pictures when Figo met with the accident

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img149.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img151.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img152.jpg

Photos after the car was repaired.

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img233.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img232.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img238.jpg

And these are the latest pics I clicked yesterday.

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img298.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img300.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img304.jpg

My new Ford Figo ZXI diesel-img303.jpg
Old 11th August 2012, 07:06   #40
BHPian

Guys I have started facing a strange problem in my car. As you all know that here in Lucknow it is quite hot so AC is always on in my Figo. But within 5-10 min of switching on the AC the engine noise becomes loud. Maybe it is due to engine fan but I am not sure. Though the sound is not very audible inside but it is too loud on the outside. And it stays until the car is completely turned off. Is this normal?
Old 25th September 2012, 21:12   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
Guys I have started facing a strange problem in my car. As you all know that here in Lucknow it is quite hot so AC is always on in my Figo. But within 5-10 min of switching on the AC the engine noise becomes loud. Maybe it is due to engine fan but I am not sure. Though the sound is not very audible inside but it is too loud on the outside. And it stays until the car is completely turned off. Is this normal?
I suggest you get the coolant levels checked as the noise may be from the radiator fan working hard to keep the engine temperature down. Else i suggest that you get the vehicle checked by Ford A.S.S.
It's better to be safe than sorry!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks