Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 08:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new i10!
Enjoy your drive - and please calculate FE after you have driven around 2000 kms. Before that, keep varying the speed and rpm to run-in the engine.
I guess you should be able to adjust the brake pedal soon.
Drive safe!
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:07   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any one knows exactly when to use L2, 2 and OD. It was not a surprise when the sales people were not sure about them.
In my car OD (overdrive) is always on. In my first car whenever I release the button, I used to see "Overdrive OFF" warning light. I have a basic understanding that OD helps improve fuel economy by reducing the RPM.

You can find better explanation here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overdrive_(mechanics)
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:44   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Congrats. I really like the look of the new i10, as compared to the other version

I am assuming the auto runs on four gears right?
Yes, you are right. Its not very much visible too in the gear rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. Drive safe!
Thanks prince. Its for my wife, actually, she is still learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats on the new i10!
Enjoy your drive - and please calculate FE after you have driven around 2000 kms. Before that, keep varying the speed and rpm to run-in the engine.
I guess you should be able to adjust the brake pedal soon.
Drive safe!
You are right, calculating FE within few hundred KMs will not show the correct figure. But people were discussion hot about the i10 AT's FE (a separate thread is going on), so I was keen to see what my car actually gives from the day one. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Congratulations on the Car.

In my car OD (overdrive) is always on. In my first car whenever I release the button, I used to see "Overdrive OFF" warning light. I have a basic understanding that OD helps improve fuel economy by reducing the RPM.

You can find better explanation here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overdrive_(mechanics)
I never even tried to switch on that button. Need to try it. Will OD affect FE?
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any one knows exactly when to use L2, 2 and OD. It was not a surprise when the sales people were not sure about them.
On the gear selector 2 and L refer to the first two and the first gear respectively. These can be used when you are going uphill with a full or almost full load and the car is straining to climb in the higher gears. The two positions will help by holding the engine in the first two or the first gear and thereby reduce the strain on the same. This is especially use full in stop and go traffic when going up a ghat section etc. L would be used in extreme situation where it is a straight incline and the car is not able to pull even in 2nd gear.

The OD button will restrict the car's gearbox by not allowing it to engage the overdrive gear which is the fourth gear in i10 Auto. This feature should be used when going down hill. By holding the car in maximum 3rd gear the system is making use of engine braking, thereby allowing a safer descent and also preserving the brakes from burn out/ fade out by reducing the load on the braking system if that alone were used to control the run away speed. To engage you have to press the OD button. To disengage press the button again. The system also cuts off automatically if the ignition is switched off. There is an indication on your driver console which will show when the system is switched on or off.
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the car, AT is a must for todays traffic conditions.

For brake pedal, how about something like this ? Japanese Inventor Combines The Accelerator And Brake Pedal Into One

On Serious note, get the pedal changed to one which is a little longer. It will help, as the knee wont need to lift that much high OR use a pillow to sit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks