Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2010, 17:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
However the wiper issue is serious.....
Why is the wiper an issue?

Actually all VWs have this feature, wherein the wipers can only be lifted up fully after it is brought up to the 'service position'. The reason for this is so that wipers can be replaced easily, i.e without having to lean across the bonnet as in other cars.

You'll find the details on how to to do this in the owner's manual, page 86 I think. Moreover, the wipers will not function if the bonnet is open.
Old 6th November 2010, 18:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Why is the wiper an issue?

Actually all VWs have this feature, wherein the wipers can only be lifted up fully after it is brought up to the 'service position'. The reason for this is so that wipers can be replaced easily, i.e without having to lean across the bonnet as in other cars.

You'll find the details on how to to do this in the owner's manual, page 86 I think. Moreover, the wipers will not function if the bonnet is open.
In the desi conditions I find this an issue, as the guy who cleans the cars in my apartment complex, gets changed often, so there is a new guy every few months, and they wont know the difference between a feature and a bug As a result of that I am scared that they might end up fiddling with the wipers and scratching the bonnet paint
Old 6th November 2010, 20:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
miharbe , you are lucky that you at least got a letter .. RSM Motors just keeps on hanging up on me whenever I inquire. The other day I visited their showroom with the intent of cancelling the booking and go for ANHC ( which I was about to book when Vento launch was announced ! ) - the sales guys seem overwhelmed and the issue seems to be at the factory end who are not keeping the dealers informed . It seems pretty messy. The car that I was promised ( verbally) by October end has now been delayed till Nov end. As someone said, if it was not that good a car I would have cancelled it.
@souravc Yeah i forgot to mention that i too got a similar response that the factory is being non responsive. my guess is that the attitude is that if you want quality you have to wait for it. i even gave feedback that there seems to be a major disconnect between marketing and production.

i have reached the point where i am almost no longer excited about getting the car. it will be a relief if and when i get the car. then there is this whole issue of getting a 2010 december car. i love the ANHC and go weak whenever i sit in it and have been after my dad's life to get it exchanged for his cityZX (Vento is a replacement for my Zen Estilo which i sold off in anticipation of the Vento arriving) but then again honda has a policy of changing cars every 5 yrs and this city is already more than 2 yrs old and for some reason it affects me a lot when the car i possess is phased out. well the plan as of now is to retain my '06 CityZX for a couple of years and may be pay off the Vento in the interim and buy a 15-20 lac rupee car then. a little off topic maybe but seriously to repeat myself again if there were an alternative that came say 90% close i would have bought it.
Old 7th November 2010, 18:24   #34

@msd63, belated congrats on your purchase of the Ventro diesel. I took delivery of my Jetta last week. I was given a can of engine oil with the delivery. Never been given that in any of my earlier diesel vehicles including Laura. Are they expecting any oil leak?? And how do we find out when to refill? Check daily ??. If you have any idea please inform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Unfortunately the Vento does not have a temperature guage. Even the MID displays the outside temperature not the engine's. I wonder why it has been left out as most cars have it. As for servicing there are no free services at short intervals as with other cars. The only thing I was told was that the servicing is at 15K or 1yr whichever is earlier and in between if needed to top up the engine oil.
Old 7th November 2010, 20:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carradio View Post
@msd63, belated congrats on your purchase of the Ventro diesel. I took delivery of my Jetta last week. I was given a can of engine oil with the delivery. Never been given that in any of my earlier diesel vehicles including Laura. Are they expecting any oil leak?? And how do we find out when to refill? Check daily ??. If you have any idea please inform.
No oil can was given to me at the time of delivery. I had read somewhere that the diesel engines do tend to consume some oil over a period of time. I hope that the makers of such repute are not selling cars that may have oil leak. The owners manual, I must say is not helpful. For example it does not even mention what engine oil to use to top up. VW india it appears have unleashed cars in the market before the "t's had been crossed and the i's had been dotted", totally rushed and unprepared as it shows in the manual.
Old 8th November 2010, 02:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Engines from the VW group are known to consume oil during their run in period. Skoda did not give you a can but VW did, well that is another story. Also it is more feasible for VW to give oil free with Jetta at 15L++ than with the 8L ++ Vento.

For now you could do well to check the engine oil levels periodically, say after every 250kms or so and as and when you find the level at min. or below min. add up a quarter liter and then check again after a couple of days to see if you need to add a little bit more or not.
Old 8th November 2010, 21:34   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I took delivery of my Jetta last week. I was given a can of engine oil with the delivery. Never been given that in any of my earlier diesel vehicles including Laura. Are they expecting any oil leak?? And how do we find out when to refill?
Nope, no leak, but VWs are known to have quite the appetite for oil in the first 10,000 kms. Check the level every 1,500 - 2,000 kms. For a hilarious first-hand account of VWs (ok, Skoda) and oil, click here
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2010, 00:10   #38
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase, i feel 1100km in a month is good run for a diesel. Considering minimum 30km a day...

nothing biased, but i TD the car and i settled for Linea MJD (yeah yeah for enthusiasts its underpowered). I really love T-jet for the sheer performance, however the point of buying a diesel was mileage. I felt vento was less for its price, linea was perfectly balanced. I have stayed in both Bangalore and presently in Delhi in normal city driving i feel so much power is waste, for highway its great but depends the kind of driver you are.

only reason i did not like vento was features and Cost of ownership (learn from skoda) considering the price.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:42   #39
BHPian

msd63
congrats on your new car
can you please share the expense details of the car
Old 9th November 2010, 15:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
msd63
congrats on your new car
can you please share the expense details of the car
OTR in Bangaore is about 11.16L which includes lifetime tax and insurance.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:38   #41
BHPian

Contacted the service manager to find out what oil is already there in the car in case I need to top it up as going by the discussion above the VW engines do consume oil atleast initially. I was informed by the manager that the oil is Castol magnetec professional 5W40 (semi synthetic). Does the choice of the oil depend on the individual dealer?
Old 9th November 2010, 16:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
I was informed by the manager that the oil is Castol magnetec professional 5W40 (semi synthetic). Does the choice of the oil depend on the individual dealer?
It seems to be the case here. As I thought that VW was using Synthetic oils in their engines. This is also confirmed somewhat by the money they charge for oil change, close to 5K for 3.8 litres ++. Going by that logic they should have provided you with Castrol Edge if not one of the VW approved oils.

Refer your owners manual and that should clarify what oil is to be used. Otherwise ring up the service people and without referring to the going ons simply enquire regarding the oil to be used.

Alternatively get in touch with other Tbhp Jetta owners (issigonis for example) and find out what their engines have been supping on.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:49   #43
BHPian

When I test drove the Vento the dealer guy mentioned that they put Sythentic oil for the vento also and not mineral oil. I dont know how far it is true.
Old 9th November 2010, 17:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hey Msd63, congratulations once again. Was desperately looking for a Vento ownership thread & today I got this one of yours. Thanks for initiating this thread. As other members have already mentioned please do share a lot of pictures, both exterior & interior (as a picture is worth a thousand words). Have you been on a long drive so far? How does the car behave on highways? Also have you seated 3 adults in the rear seat, is the centre hump a major concern? No temperature gauge, this is quite amazing. It is one of the must haves. Is there some other mechanism to indicate the engine temperature (eg on the MID etc)?
Old 9th November 2010, 20:09   #45
Max
BHPian

today i test driven this car at Global Gallarie Motors Pvt. Ltd. in Thane godbhander road. I must say i was impressed with the car and dealer ship sales staff was professional. I test driven polo 1.2 diesel and vento 1.6 diesel, both cars was amazing however i noticed little bit more noise in 1.6 vento then 1.2 polo. Is it because of difference between 1.2 and 1.6 litter engines?

Also, do anyone know about spare part prices of vento and polo which can be compared with Honda City Spares. I don't want to spent fortune maintaining this car which will be owned for 5-6 years.

Last edited by Max : 9th November 2010 at 20:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks