Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 15:57   #31
BHPian

Repair Estimate and time frame

I have got an estimate of 77,108/- The car will be ready only by next monday because the new trunk which they are going to replace was not in stock and will come on friday.

Things they are replacing:
1. Back Bumper- 10.5k
2. Complete Back Panel - 10.5k
3. Beam rear bumper- 5k
4. LID complete, Trunk (Dicky) - Most exp part 23k

Rest all are consumables, painting and labor. I was asked the option either to replace dicky or repair, I left it on the dealership and they decided to replace it, and I don't mind it.

Except for 50% of bumper rest all will be covered under insurance with 5% depreciation.

My only concern is the dealership will not live up to its promised regarding monday delivery (The initial delivery was supposed to be yesterday which was revised to next week due to non availability of spares)
Old 7th September 2011, 13:50   #32
BHPian

Repairs done

Finally I got the car back from the service center. The total bill is 59k as against 77k initially quoted. The reason i got from Honda is, the back panel has not been changed because the damage to the back panel was minor and has been repaired in the body shop itself. I checked the back panel and its hard to believe that it has only been repaired, looks as good as new.

I had to shell out 7k from my pocket the rest was taken care by the insurance. The over all experience was excellent in terms of work done. The down side is the service center delayed the delivery of car by 1 week and every time I had to call them and take an update. But still I am happy with the work done and am ready to ignore the delay. I have mentioned the same in the feed back form to give them a chance to improve.

Have driven the car 150 kms after that and there seems to be no rattles from the car (the biggest fear I have). The only damaged part which has not been replaced are the rear mud flaps.

I will post a pic as soon as it stops raining in Mumbai.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:52   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Honda Accord AT With Elegance Kit

Good to hear that you got your car back and that too in a very good condition.
Accord is a very safe car indeed. I was surprised to see that while the Tavera, inspite of having a front guard installed, suffered a crumpled bonnet,squeezed front guard,bumper and a breakdown, the Accord was almost unscathed with only a damaged bumper
Old 1st September 2012, 12:01   #34
BHPian

Re: 2013 Honda Accord

Hi Mates,

since this is a discussion on the Honda Accord, I thought I would post some snaps of the one we have taken delivery on this 30th last. This one has got a new facia aka the old Accord-ish kind, IMHO. Its been labelled LIMITED and we have got the EX variant which is one below the top variant, VX. The interiors remain the same while the exteriors have been tweaked with more chrome, new grill, additional rear lights, lip spoiler and new alloy colour. We got a lovely deal with the car and I primarily think it could have been so since the new car is just around the corner. And the freebies were:

1) GardX Paint Protection,
2) GardX Interior Protection with Detailing Kit,
3) Rust Proofing,
4) V-Kool Window Tints,
5) Free Service until 10k Kms, and,
6) A Mont Blanc Pen !!!

In all fairness, I think we got a good deal under the circumstances. We didn't get any such freebies for the much costlier Mercedes Benz that we got for my Dad last month (with the exception of AED800 voucher which we had to redeem it at their accessories shop!). My cousin (for whom we got the car) is a lucky bloke. Its his wedding gift from us.

Cherio
Champion
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda Accord AT With Elegance Kit-img2012083000078.jpg  

New Honda Accord AT With Elegance Kit-img2012083000079.jpg  

New Honda Accord AT With Elegance Kit-img2012083000080.jpg  

New Honda Accord AT With Elegance Kit-img2012083000081.jpg  

Champion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 01:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Its interesting to see the mirrors with Turn indicators, something which is not available on my 2008 Accord EX-L Navi. Infact Honda didnt give it even as option on any of the 8th Gen Accords in US.

Overall looks like the Honda Inspire from Japanese market.

Do you have Memory seats?
Old 20th September 2012, 17:34   #36
BHPian

No memory seats Technocrat. In fact, apart from all that bling, the car was just plain basic and the interiors were dull, IMHO. But like all Japanese cars the drive wasn't engaging. I felt like I have been driving it for ages when I drove it out of the showroom. Is that an advantage or a disadvantage? Whatever.

Ciao
Champion
Old 11th October 2012, 12:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
No memory seats Technocrat. In fact, apart from all that bling, the car was just plain basic and the interiors were dull, IMHO. But like all Japanese cars the drive wasn't engaging. I felt like I have been driving it for ages when I drove it out of the showroom. Is that an advantage or a disadvantage? Whatever.

Ciao
Champion
Agree. I bought the accord a while ago. What I was surprised however, and realized after taking the car is that the dashboard was a bit different; similar to what you have posted. Not much, but just that the AC button is the rotary dial as opposed to the up/down switch kinda thing

When I took delivery of the car, my first impression was the same. It seemed a bit too sedate. But when you floor it and let the Vtec kick in, it turns into something entirely different. It becomes so good at that time, that you wished it was like that all the time. But all in all, yes, the Accord is not something thats gonna leave you excited and with a huge grin. It is a good, decent, fairly spacious and safe car to be in.
Old 20th May 2013, 17:02   #38
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Tazmaan - What is the FE that you have been getting on the Accord on the Long term?

Anything that has gone wrong in the entire ownership period except accidental stuff?
Old 15th December 2013, 22:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congrats on the car! Did you get the bluetooth kit installed? The accord comes with a full pre wiring for mobile phone with bluetooth interface.

I know I am quoting a very old thread. But any idea how to get this bluetooth thing?
Old 16th October 2016, 19:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

I am loving the car in its stock form and have no plans of any mods. I am planning to buy a new steering wheel from USA which has cruise control and Audio controls on them and have heard that the Indian Accord come wired for Audio interface but not the cruise control.
Sorry for digging up an old thread but has anyone been able to add steering controls to the Accord successfully?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks