Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 19:24   #16
BHPian

I took it from V3. Really happy with the service! We even got to see the underside of the car during our pdi

The offers were nothing to speak about really. They kept stressing about no discounts on the i20. Got reduced insurance + sunfilm/teflon/underbody/seatcovers for free.

Shall get the Rheostat fitted during the first service along with the auto lock feature.

Btw, are you planning on changing the stock ICE?
Old 21st November 2010, 19:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi Spyking

Congrats on your buy. Wish you miles of happy motoring.

Since you bought i20 recently, can you please tell us if the most common issues are solved or not?

The steering rattle, The AC and The car drifting issues have been fixed?

Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Re: My Sleek Silver Chiquita.. - My Hyundai i20

I know this has been long overdue, but after going through arrowaby's thread feel that it's high time I quit being lazy and update mine!

Ist Service - 25/11/10 Mileage: 1250Km

We got the first service done right after running in the engine (No AC <2k for first 500Kms, <2.5k with short 3k bursts till 1000)
During the running in, for the first tank full of diesel, got 21.34 Kmpl!

Work done:

-Oil + filter change (SA said not required, we specifically asked for it) -Rs 968 + Rs334
-Fitted an additional horn much improved must say. (My fathers grouse is that they didn't use a proper Y-harness, but spliced into the wiring of the old horn) -Rs 251
-Got the spare key fob changed as the key wasn't popping out.

Total: Rs 1769 after VAT

In the first week of December, I had my first(hopefully last!) mishap with my Chiquita - A bike guy tried squeezing through the left while I was taking a turn into my lane - Result? his foot rest rubber neatly pressed in the front left side door crease.

My Sleek Silver Chiquita.. - My Hyundai i20-19022011253.jpg

I was heart broken as the car wasn't even a month old, and I had already given her a bruise. Plus, the left side is the side that we get to see every morning, while sitting and having our coffee and reading the paper.
Dad wanted to get it fixed right away, but I wanted the reminder, so insisted we'll get it looked at later.

Meanwhile, went on a couple of long distance trips to Banglore and Yelagiri I must say, the i20 crdi is really an effortless mile cruncher!
On an interesting note, we have been getting aprox the same 17-18 kmpl mileage irrespective of city use or highway.

IInd Service - 11/03/11 Mileage: 9922Km

Work done:

-Oil Change + filters
-Glove Box lamp -100 + 125Rs
-Air filter

-Got the door dent fixed! - 4k

Complaints:
1. During the water wash, the guys managed to get the tear the rear screen tint. At first, the SA just tried to give the vehicle, and if we had not caught it, wouldn't have done a thing.

Got the entire rear screen tint changed (Same dealer who put the tints in the beginning) But, it was only later, we realised, that two strips are of one material, while the bottom strip is of a different material. One can see this only when you have shades on and is a minor irritant but, can't expect to much from free garaware tints too.

2. Tyre rotation wasn't done.

Fixed door!
My Sleek Silver Chiquita.. - My Hyundai i20-img_6442-medium.jpg
Name:  IMG_6446 Medium.JPG
Views: 1175
Size:  58.0 KB

IIIrd Service - 01/08/11 Mileage: 19946Km

Work done:
-Oil Change + filters
-Tyre rotation
-Wheel Alignment
-Wiper spray wasn't working, so got a pipe changed

The worst mistake we ever made was to get the wheel alignment done at the Hyundai work shop at Perungudi.
We waited and took the car (6:30Pm) and it was BAD. the steering wheel was off center by about 45Degrees. I'm not exaggerating here! The car was pulling all over. Dad had to go to Banglore the next day, and we decided to go straight to BM lal and get the alignment checked.
The toe in was off by 16.8mm on the left and 15.9mm on the right. The max values are 1.5mm for each. That was by how much it was off. There was also a new Tak tak sound when the steering was turned half a turn.

That wasn't the end of the story, we saw the next morning, that the top right corner of the roof ( where the brake light comes) had a nice dent. Dad was super angry as they didn't even have the curtsey to tell us that the car had been hit. Also, the wiper spray was back to it's not working status, along with the rear spray too.

Dad then decided to take the jeep instead and called the V3 Service guys and got them to take the car and get every thing checked out.

The service engineer got the dent fixed, and said the steering yoke pad had to be adjusted We so long had no issues with the steering. No rattles etc. but after the third service, and their wonderful wheel alignment, they decided that the yoke pad had to be adjusted.

I for one feel that the potholes are more jarring after this, but dad doesn't think so.

When the car was returned, the wiper spray was feeble, but worked. On the next trip back from Banglore, it died again. Plus, there was a rattle coming from the INRVM. Also, had a issue with the brakes catching suddenly, instead of gradually.

So we took a trip to Perungudi and got the wiper and got the brakes re-checked, wiper fluid sorted out and got the Clip of the rear view mirror changed!

So now, my Chiquita is all ready for her next adventure!

Mileage Figures:

So far, the max we've got is 21.34 Kmpl (No Ac <2.5K Revs)

The avg mileage we get for city is about 16 kmpl
Avg highway mileage is about 17-18 kmpl - we can prob get more, but dad enjoys the down shift and launch missile mode! haha!
The least mileage we've got was on a highway run to Banglore, 14.8 kmpl
but on the other hand, we reached Blore MIGHTY quick! Averaged about 120kmh!

Upgrades Planned

In the process of convincing the folks that the car needs a new set of speakers + amp!

Shall try to keep the thread updated from now onwards!

Last edited by spyking : 7th September 2011 at 11:47.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:26   #19
BHPian

Hey spyking!

I don't know How I missed this thread as I had on eye on most i20 threads before buying my car. And you have a CRDi..! I could have asked you for info back then!!

Its pretty late for me to wish you congratulations as you have done, almost, a shocking 20000kms in a year..!! Wow.

Your third servicing experience seems to have not been that good. Why don't you try going to another Hyundai Showroom for a checkup..?
Old 8th September 2011, 00:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hey spyking!

I don't know How I missed this thread as I had on eye on most i20 threads before buying my car. And you have a CRDi..! I could have asked you for info back then!!

Its pretty late for me to wish you congratulations as you have done, almost, a shocking 20000kms in a year..!! Wow.

Your third servicing experience seems to have not been that good. Why don't you try going to another Hyundai Showroom for a checkup..?
Thanks for the wishes! I still see her as a new car! And my mum keeps joking that any taxi operator would be really proud if his cars covered 20k kms in 10 months!

And, yeah, good idea, I shall try taking the car to some other dealership for a check up!

Any old hands at the i20, kindly suggest if it's worth while going in for the extended warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks