Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 14:39   #76
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon R CNG Review, 31,000 kms update and first breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumil_b View Post
@Sang,
How much gas was filled ?
It was showing single point when I went for refill. It took 3.7 Kg and pressure was 200+.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:46   #77

Thats where the trouble is. Ideally, at 200+ pressure, Gas that goes into a WagonR's tank is about 6-8 Kgs to full. There probably was something wring in filling. Try another station next time.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Thanks aaggoswami ! I got delivery of B.Blue Wagon R CNG yesterday. At night I got CNG filled in it and it was showing all 4 green lights while coming back home which is around 2 kms from CNG station. When I started the car in morning, it was showing 3 lights and when I reached office which is around 35 kms away, it showed 2 green lights. Can please confirm if this is normal or Do I have to get it checked for leakage?

Thanks !
So, I am looking forward to one more thread for K10 CNG Waggie.

Dont panic, this is the first time usage. From next fill onwards start observing more. And one more thing. Over 16.8K kms. the we have driven, I have observed that the CNG fuel indicator is also not linear. After all the 4 green are over, there will be one red strip left which will give you around 40 kms. So apparently after around 40 kms. you have two strips fuel consumed. Nothing to worry about.

Next time when you fill in fuel, remember to set the trip meter to Zero. There are two tip meters, set any one of them to Zero and observe how much the car goes before each strip of green fuel indicator goes blank. This will give you a fair idea about how linear the meter is and what approx FE you are getting.

Also try some other pump too. Sometimes, if external nozzle is fitted at the fuel dispenser, then there can be some leakage there too.

Quote:
Thats where the trouble is. Ideally, at 200+ pressure, Gas that goes into a WagonR's tank is about 6-8 Kgs to full. There probably was something wring in filling. Try another station next time.
Max I could fill in was 9.X kg when the tank was almost empty. I depends upon pressure a lot. There is one Adani Pump in A'bad where after the filling stops at around 200 kg/cm2, then the system will increase the pressure to around 220 kg/cm2. This way more gas is filled in. So pressure at the pump will make a difference.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:23   #79

Thats what I was saying, however low the pressure, My tank has never been full at 3-4 Kgs! Even in a pressure of 180 kg/cm2, guess we sqeezed in atleast 6 kgs and he said the pressure there was 200 kg/cm2. So probably there was something wrong while filling in Sang's case.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:57   #80
BHPian

The dispenser pressure over at my town never goes above 200. that way started filling just when the red light went on and got 5.34kgs. do you guys think that is normal??
Old 2nd August 2011, 22:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats what I was saying, however low the pressure, My tank has never been full at 3-4 Kgs! Even in a pressure of 180 kg/cm2, guess we sqeezed in atleast 6 kgs and he said the pressure there was 200 kg/cm2. So probably there was something wrong while filling in Sang's case.
Exactly my thoughts. It was first fill, so lets wait and watch ( for ) his updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
The dispenser pressure over at my town never goes above 200. that way started filling just when the red light went on and got 5.34kgs. do you guys think that is normal??
Yes, that has happened to me many times. The worst filling I had with the red indicator strip coming ON was around 4.9X KG. This was on a hot day on highway. Around 1.7-2KG of gas is still left IMO before the red light goes out. On one highway trip I had managed to pull more than 60 kms. after red strip with 70-80 kmph.
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:29   #82
BHPian

@aaggoswami - 4.9kg on a hot day?? Man you are really lucky. In similar weather conditions here i doubt if i'll get more than 3.5kg. as it is i have to wait for a cold wet evening to fill gas. That way i manage to get 5+ kgs.
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Exactly my thoughts. It was first fill, so lets wait and watch ( for ) his updates.

Yes, that has happened to me many times. The worst filling I had with the red indicator strip coming ON was around 4.9X KG. This was on a hot day on highway. Around 1.7-2KG of gas is still left IMO before the red light goes out. On one highway trip I had managed to pull more than 60 kms. after red strip with 70-80 kmph.
Hi Guys,
I have covered 120 kms after first fill and red light is still to comeon which means I shall be able to do additional 30 - 40 kms. I plan to get the fill done on my way back in the evening today, shall update you once done.

Thanks for your responses !
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:09   #84
BHPian

I went for the refill after completing 130 kms from last refill and it was showing last green point(red light was yet to come). It came to 4.77 kg at pressure of 190, I plan to go for next fill when it starts showing the red light.
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@aaggoswami - 4.9kg on a hot day?? Man you are really lucky. In similar weather conditions here i doubt if i'll get more than 3.5kg. as it is i have to wait for a cold wet evening to fill gas. That way i manage to get 5+ kgs.
That highway pump is always having pressure around 205-210! Thats the advantage. In your case I think its more to do with available pressure. Also, sometimes what happens is that once filling is started in your vehicle and when other dispensers are also started ( to fill in the other vehicles queued up at station ) filling the pressure drops. Hence on this thread at multiple places I have mentioned that CNG filling station and pressure will make a difference in quantity filled and in short term calculation, FE also will fluctuate.

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I have covered 120 kms after first fill and red light is still to comeon which means I shall be able to do additional 30 - 40 kms. I plan to get the fill done on my way back in the evening today, shall update you once done.

Thanks for your responses !
Quote:
I went for the refill after completing 130 kms from last refill and it was showing last green point(red light was yet to come). It came to 4.77 kg at pressure of 190, I plan to go for next fill when it starts showing the red light.
So everything is alright! You still had quite a bit to go before your CNG entirely gets used up. Nice to see everything alright and working. Was this the similar pump you filled in earlier or some other station ?
Once when I had filled in at 170, the first green light strip went off within meters from CNG Station.

In your case, IMO, nothing to worry about more.

@all:
Do correct me if I am wrong, but IMO, the following things matter a lot in CNG vehicles i.e. how much gas is filled, etc.

The parameters ( for cars with NGV/MGV i.e. factory fitted CNG ) are :
  • Pressure at the pump at the time of filling
  • Temperature
  • Dispenser.
I am mentioning dispenser because sometimes when NGV/MGV nozzle are NOT fitted directly on the dispenser fuel line, an adapter is used. This further reduces the amount of gas filled in. And although rare, there are slight leaks.
Old 4th August 2011, 09:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

So everything is alright! You still had quite a bit to go before your CNG entirely gets used up. Nice to see everything alright and working. Was this the similar pump you filled in earlier or some other station ?
Once when I had filled in at 170, the first green light strip went off within meters from CNG Station.

In your case, IMO, nothing to worry about more.

@all:
Do correct me if I am wrong, but IMO, the following things matter a lot in CNG vehicles i.e. how much gas is filled, etc.

The parameters ( for cars with NGV/MGV i.e. factory fitted CNG ) are :
  • Pressure at the pump at the time of filling
  • Temperature
  • Dispenser.
I am mentioning dispenser because sometimes when NGV/MGV nozzle are NOT fitted directly on the dispenser fuel line, an adapter is used. This further reduces the amount of gas filled in. And although rare, there are slight leaks.
Here is the latest update -

First point went blank after 5 kms, 2nd point went blank after 35 kms and 3rd went blank after 77 kms. It seems that first point gets used very fast and 4th point is the one which covers max kms, I plan to drive it till red point before going for refill again.

One question that I have is do I need to do anything for running in the engine? Shall I drive more on petrol for initial 1000 kms and what speeds shall I maintain for initial 1000 kms?
Old 4th August 2011, 09:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) First point went blank after 5 kms, 2nd point went blank after 35 kms and 3rd went blank after 77 kms. It seems that first point gets used very fast and 4th point is the one which covers max kms, I plan to drive it till red point before going for refill again.

2) One question that I have is do I need to do anything for running in the engine? Shall I drive more on petrol for initial 1000 kms and what speeds shall I maintain for initial 1000 kms?
1) Thanks for update. The data you have put in indicates that the indicator is not linear. It would be nice to how many kms. before all the CNG is used up. Will give a good indicator for range.

2) Suzuki does not mention anything about running-in. They mentioned that the K-series engines does not need running in. Considering that this is a factory fitted CNG, you can safely drive on CNG, but after, lets say CNG filling, drive around 8-10 kms. on petrol.

For the first 1000 kms. we atleast took care like no harsh acceleration, accelerating freely through gears ( not fast or harsh ), not crossing 80 kmph in 5th gear.
Again, Suzuki does not say that K-series needs running in. The first oil change is at 10,00 kms.
Old 20th August 2011, 23:09   #88
BHPian

Hey guys need a little help here. my Wagon R has done about 3100 kms. of late I see the temp. Warning light come on for about a second just AFTER I crank the engine. this happens only on cold starts. with a warm engine all lights go out after the engine starts. Is this a problem? Should I go to the MASS? the MASS is really far from my place and I hate to go there just for nothing.
Old 20th August 2011, 23:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys need a little help here. my Wagon R has done about 3100 kms. of late I see the temp. Warning light come on for about a second just AFTER I crank the engine. this happens only on cold starts. with a warm engine all lights go out after the engine starts. Is this a problem? Should I go to the MASS? the MASS is really far from my place and I hate to go there just for nothing.
If I were in your place, then I will be worried too. Tomorrow, our Waggie is going out ( without me ). Let the waggie come back and I will comment if things are similar for our Waggie on cold starts or not.

I suggest that you continue to drive the car provided as long as :
  • Any of the warning lights is NOT coming ON
  • There is noticeable drop in performance
  • The car is behaving normally.
May be that specific warning lights is taking too long to go OFF or something. If you still are worried, you can call on Maruti's helpline number or the dealer from where you bought the car. Give your dealer a call and tell the issue, they might send a mechanic at your place as the car is relatively new. You can also ask them to come to your place and then get your car checked.
I feel that there is something to with sensor, but may be I am behaving like Paranoid.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 20th August 2011 at 23:38.
Old 31st August 2011, 21:03   #90
BHPian

called up the dealership. they said that it may happen sometimes in a cold CNG engine. nothing to worry about. However they couldn't give any reasons for it. It is a nagging issue but i believe it might not be serious since no warning lights come on anytime during driving. driving performance is consistent and so is the mileage. will definitely thrash it out with the service center guys at the 6mnths service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks