Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 23:26   #46
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon R CNG Review, 31,000 kms update and first breakdown

aaggoswami thanx for your updates. was impressed. booked a CNG waggie. extraordinary delay in delivery out here in West Bengal. still i believe it'll be a good buy for my first car. CNg delivery pressure out here is however very low. no booster pumps at filling stations yet. CNG filled directly from tankers (trucks) through the dispenser.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:55   #47
BHPian

aagggoswami, went in for a wagonr CNG. am driving the car for about a week now. i find that a muted but clearly audible click is heard from the engine bay just as the mode switches from petrol to CNG in auto mode. is this the same in your car?? am worried. please do reply and help
Old 13th April 2011, 00:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
aagggoswami, went in for a wagonr CNG. am driving the car for about a week now. i find that a muted but clearly audible click is heard from the engine bay just as the mode switches from petrol to CNG in auto mode. is this the same in your car?? am worried. please do reply and help
Hi, Abdul.
First of all, sorry for not replying on time as I'm just to engaged with studies and projects.

Coming back to topic, that click is actually not from the engine bay, but its the valve of CNG opening when the car automatically shifts from Petrol to CNG. Earlier I had mentioned that one lock in our car was not working properly which was promptly rectified. Earlier when I got that noise, I thought its the lock.

Later on realized that its the valve and nothing more.

But to be on the safer side do observe your FE on CNG. If the FE is less, report this. Just to be on the safer side.

99.9%, the audible click you are hearing is just that the valve of CNG opens. Dont worry and enjoy the car.
Old 13th April 2011, 23:45   #49
BHPian

thanx, will do. just been driving for 300 odd kms. also forgot to reset tripmeter after last refilling. so have to wait till the red shows up again. keepin fingers crossed it is nothin serious. agreeing with your earlier posts --- it is really a pleasant drive
Old 20th April 2011, 12:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

1) The car has crossed 10,000 kms. We purchased the car in September and in April the car has already done 10K kms.

2) Got the service done. Maruti is now using synthetic oil for K series motors and so the oil was replaced at 10K kms. Earlier at 1000-2000 kms. we insisted on the oil being replaced, but the authorized service center refused.

3) About the car :

-> Same effortless feeling. Car is simply effortless to drive in city. Considering that Vadodara is now facing lot of traffic problems and lack of traffic sense can give larger cities ( of gujarat ) like A'bad a complex, Waggie is infact a nice car.

-> Suspension has become more silent. No loud crashes unless there is some really large irregularity on the road.

-> Lack of bottom end torque means you end up shifting a lot of gears, specially 2nd and 3rd.

-> A/C is chiller as we find out in this very hot season.

-> Gearshift has become a bit smoother. Very nice to use.

-> FE on CNG is around 26-28 in city.

-> I prefer baleno like locking system, not this type of central locking. When the driver locks his door, all doors get locked and when the driver opens his lock, all the doors get unlocked. I would have preferred the earlier system.

-> Considering this summer ( and all summers are now becoming worse ) which is absolutely hot and killing, I would have appreciated a temp gauge. Just for reassurance.

-> I remember earlier stating that features like electrically folding ORVM are not required as they add to complexity and eventually cost ( while purchase and maintenance ), but now with increasing traffic, I would like to take back that statement.
These features of electrically adjustable + electric fold ORVM should be available atleast as a reasonably priced accessory.

-> The original tyres are meaningless. Wider tyres with better grip are necessary. On any surface other than good road, if I do enthusiastic throttle from start, the tyres would first spin for grip. Not very good quality I suppose. For those who can afford, upgrade to wider better rubber from more renowned tyre brand.

The car is very reliable, so nothing to write more.

@mods : Can you updated the thread title and add its 10,000 km. update from the current 6500 kms. ?

Last edited by aaggoswami : 20th April 2011 at 12:29.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:25   #51
BHPian

From your post i assume the car switch's from petrol to CNG in auto mode when it reaches the optimum temperature, so there a separate tank for petrol ?
If so whats its capacity? And from the earlier posts i assume the tank capacity of CNG is max of 12 kg!
Old 26th April 2011, 12:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
From your post i assume the car switch's from petrol to CNG in auto mode when it reaches the optimum temperature, so there a separate tank for petrol ?
If so whats its capacity? And from the earlier posts i assume the tank capacity of CNG is max of 12 kg!
Yes, the change is automatic after a few kms or even meters depending mainly on temperatures.

Yes, there is separate petrol tank of IIRC 35 ltrs.
Yes, the CNG cylinder capacity is around 10-12 KG. Max we have stuffed in was 10 kg.
Old 6th May 2011, 18:43   #53
BHPian

Curiosity sake wanted to know where is the spare wheel, If you can post a pic i would be nice. Didn't see it from the pics you have posted on the first page.

The cars which get converted to cng, have it usually between the CNG tank and the rear bumper.
Old 6th May 2011, 20:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

All LPG and CNG cars initially start with Petrol, then switch over to the other fuel after engine attains a temperature around 60 degrees, unless a sequential injection is not used, it is probably not possible to start the vehicle on the alternate fuel. Spark LPG has an option to start the vehicle in LPG mode in emergency as per the owner's manual. Check in the vehicle manual how to do about in an emergency.
Old 9th May 2011, 02:15   #55
BHPian

aagoswami,

Fantastic reports. Very valuable resource for anyone considering going the clean n green way.

I have just one query. With the new Sequential Injection kits that your car has, what is the FE like when the car is run only on petrol ?? Does the FE suffer when running on petrol ? Or do the new kits automatically adjust variables when running on petrol ??

Have you used the car purely on petrol for a given trip to gauge the FE while running on petrol ??

Thanks and enjoy driving :-)

Last edited by hell_rider : 9th May 2011 at 02:16.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

I get a FE of 13-14 with AC on LPG, most of the time I drive with AC nowadays. I also run the car in Petrol mode in between say something like 5-10% of my monthly driving, on long drives I get around 15kmpl with AC on Petrol.
Old 16th May 2011, 23:49   #57
BHPian

Guys. Took the car (Wagonr CNG) for its first service. Was told by the guys at MASS, the first engine oil change for K10 engines is at 10000kms. . What about changing the oil after the running in period??? am worried sick and no enlightening replies from the service center guys. They just point it out in the service manual and say - 'This is written here sir!!!'. any of you guys faced with the same issue.? What do i do? Go in for a oil change elsewhere???
Old 17th May 2011, 13:12   #58

@honestabdul,
The WagonR uses Synthetic Oil and hence it needs oil change only at 10K kms! That is normal in all cars using synthetic oils! And as far as the running period goes, the modern day cars dont really have such periods!
Old 17th May 2011, 17:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Curiosity sake wanted to know where is the spare wheel, If you can post a pic i would be nice. Didn't see it from the pics you have posted on the first page.

The cars which get converted to cng, have it usually between the CNG tank and the rear bumper.
For the cars with factory fitted CNG in Maruti K10 waggie and Estilo, one has to flip the rear seat down to take out the spare wheel. There is one sticker on the CNG tank. Of all the images I have uploaded, on the repeat images without mirror effect ( later on images ), its shown in sticker on CNG tank.

I did not have to try that till date. :-)
Adding image of the sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
All LPG and CNG cars initially start with Petrol, then switch over to the other fuel after engine attains a temperature around 60 degrees, unless a sequential injection is not used, it is probably not possible to start the vehicle on the alternate fuel. Spark LPG has an option to start the vehicle in LPG mode in emergency as per the owner's manual. Check in the vehicle manual how to do about in an emergency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
aagoswami,

Fantastic reports. Very valuable resource for anyone considering going the clean n green way.

I have just one query. With the new Sequential Injection kits that your car has, what is the FE like when the car is run only on petrol ?? Does the FE suffer when running on petrol ? Or do the new kits automatically adjust variables when running on petrol ??
Have you used the car purely on petrol for a given trip to gauge the FE while running on petrol ??
Thanks and enjoy driving :-)
First of all, thanks for appreciating the report.

About your query, NO, driving in petrol mode does not get affected. I got 18.X kmpl when I drove in petrol only mode with three persons + AC. Driving speed was within 80-90 kmph on highway, just about reasonable traffic and light foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I get a FE of 13-14 with AC on LPG, most of the time I drive with AC nowadays. I also run the car in Petrol mode in between say something like 5-10% of my monthly driving, on long drives I get around 15kmpl with AC on Petrol.
I am getting 18.X as mentioned above using petrol. But this FE is on highway with more or less constant speed of 80-90 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Guys. Took the car (Wagonr CNG) for its first service. Was told by the guys at MASS, the first engine oil change for K10 engines is at 10000kms. . What about changing the oil after the running in period??? am worried sick and no enlightening replies from the service center guys. They just point it out in the service manual and say - 'This is written here sir!!!'. any of you guys faced with the same issue.? What do i do? Go in for a oil change elsewhere???
Its because the K-series motors use synthetic oil. I myself wanted to get the oil changed at 5K kms., but the service center simply refused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumil_b View Post
@honestabdul,
The WagonR uses Synthetic Oil and hence it needs oil change only at 10K kms! That is normal in all cars using synthetic oils! And as far as the running period goes, the modern day cars dont really have such periods!
As far as running period goes, we cant say that its absent, but presence is not signficant. I will never take any modern engine to 5-6K rpm drive on the first day, not even till 1000 kms. are done.
Highly debatable.

Update :

I am now daily driving this car for 40 kms. as I have to visit workplace ( I am an intern there ) and journey is 20 kms. one way.
6 kms. approx highway.
The car has completed 11.5K kms. now.

1) AC works well despite harsh heat of Gujarat. Position of vents done by idiots IMO. Include Hyundai i10 too. These designs and position of vents look good only visually in small cars, but they are more suited to wide cars.
The front of the cabin gets too cold and rear are just about comfortable. Faced this situation multiple times now, but nevertheless, AC remains effective. We have Baleno too ( a car which needs no introduction on TBHP along with Palio 1.6 and OHC VTEC IMHO ) and Waggie did not give us any reason to complain.

2) No rattles or anything. Vadodara is not known for roads. This car is also used quite often for going to our native village 170 kms from my place. Still, the car does not feel lose or anything.

3) Gearshifts have become very nice.

4) Performance is more than adequate easily. 90 kmph and engine wont even struggle despite the brick like body.

5) IMO, one of the best Maruti small car after Ritz. Very practical and does everything above average. Seating space is excellent.

6) Ride quality is very nice for such a small car. Urban ride quality is very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Wagon R CNG Review, 31,000 kms update and first breakdown-snapshot_20101108_26.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 17th May 2011 at 18:00.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 17:52   #60

@AAGOSWAMI, I wouldnt as well, just that technically, they dont exist!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks