Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 18:16   #16
BHPian

Re: My new Chevrolet Captiva LTZ

Vgsr
you said, you fitted the reverse camera, can you pls put up some pictures as to how the screen is fitted in your car, i suppose captiva comes with some reverse sensors with display on the dash.
pls explain your fitment.
regards
Old 12th January 2011, 21:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
X1 cant even sit 5 people in comfort. And I think base X1 wont stand anywhere near the gadgets Captiva has. And I guess Captiva's ride quality would be better.
Personally I can let go of the gadgets if I can get hold of a BMW for the same price or little more than the price of Captiva. There will be days where I may feel that Captiva has more gadgets and more accessories than X1 but I am absolutely sure at the end of the day(same) I will smile at the X1 just for the tag BMW.

Curse me for just being another "Wannabe" BMW owner!!!
Old 31st January 2011, 22:02   #18
BHPian

Re: my new captiva LTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom View Post
hi VGSR
we are still awaiting pics for your white beast.
I have still not decided but more seriously thinking of captiva, what's your take on BMW X1 petrol being available at same price.
do pen your thoughts on it.
regards
sorry for the delayed response. Was on a extended trip to australia and NZ on a holiday. With the current petrol prices, X1 would make sense only if you are loaded. Besides, 27 lacs is the showroom price and once you add the insurance and the life tax , its close to 32. , I would still go with a disel if its a SUV
vgsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2011, 21:55   #19
BHPian

Re: My new Chevrolet Captiva LTZ--6 month update

Have now completed 6 months of driving my Captiva LTZ. Am done with the 5000 km servicing and have crossed 6000 km. Had been away for over a month so it was that much less on the roads.
After 6 months/6000 kms, here is a review.
I have done mostly city driving,. the auto box is great for easy driving. , I find the deceleration is very gradual, much lower than a manual gearbox and there is a tendency to use the brakes more. I now resort to changing to manual mode to slow down to avoid riding the brakes, The braking is very good though.
The 3 rd row has been occupied only once so cant comment on the AC or cooling in that region. The second row takes a few minutes to cool down and its fine after that.
The beige seats are not easy to maintain . The dirt shows up faster. Darker colors are easier to look after. I dont know why all car manufacturers mention beige interiors as a selling point
Mileage has settled down to 9 kmph in city driving with the AC always on and long stops at traffic lights.
I find the light beams are inadequate and on the weaker side for night driving especially on highways. Any suggestions on this?
There was a bit of a rattle coming from the rear bench , as also a minor niggle on a rear door lock,. Both are sorted out at the first service.
All in all a smooth hassle free experience so far
vgsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 15:06   #20

hi. not sure if you still own the captiva or not but was looking for some input on some issues i faced with my captiva.

1) the battery had to be replaced after 26K km / 2.5 years. was asked by the service guys to put in the dry cell battery (approx Rs. 14K) but instead i went for the Amaron Wet cell (Rs. 6K).

2) oil leaking from the right side rear view mirror. Have you faced this issue as well?
Old 28th September 2015, 22:46   #21
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Recently acquired a pre owned Captiva 2010 automatic and got it refurbished fully. Now the only thing that needs to be attended is the rear suspension. I didn't get it done as it was working out very expensive. I need to replace rear shock absorbers and I am getting very high quotes for the parts. Can anyone advice as to what would be the reasonable price to pay for a pair of rear shock absorbers and where to get them for the best price. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks