Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 16:41   #106
BHPian

Re: My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
2 years and only 10k? A gross under-utilization of the diesel mill. IF this usage was predicted, you could have saved money by going for the Petrol version and have more fun with the beautiful petrol engine.
HI Krish,
Yes . I did not do justice to my dreams of traveling much as I had to travel abroad a bit this year and wifey too could not drive. Hence its usage was limited. But the fun and smile this car brings when you chug it in city or highway, justifies its purchase. Hopefully I shall travel a bit more this season with it.

BTW I had to do away finally with stupid law of removing sunfilms from my car that costed me 4k. It makes me sad to see how an ad-hoc law costs you more than the benefit it serves. Now we have to spend more on Diesel and run more AC, not to mention exposing yourself and family to antisocial elements. At least a lighter tint / shade should have been allowed. A strict Police system is more we require.
Old 24th September 2012, 16:47   #107
BHPian

Well, what can be done when the lawmakers are short-sighted? Have to live with it. Very soon, they might take away this law or make it more stringent by dis-allowing curtains or sun blocks in cars and maybe even houses ;-)
Old 15th October 2012, 20:02   #108
BHPian

Hello,
Just did a short trip to wayand with swifty in heavy downpour and crater type roads. It performed superb on hilly regions and gave trouble free drive. The interesting or rather scary thing was when the car crosses a road filled with enough water to submerge atleast 15% of the tyre giving a huge splash, I felt car to be gliding and it seams to loose traction for that second giving you goose bumps about what is going to happen next. Any ideas on how to avoid this if it can be controlled?
Old 15th October 2012, 20:14   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hello,
Any ideas on how to avoid this if it can be controlled?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaplaning
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:11   #110
BHPian

Hello All,
can any one suggest ways to pull out the front and rear seats of the car? Any links to videos would be appreciated. I need them out for cleaning purpose.
Old 22nd January 2013, 22:26   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
can any one suggest ways to pull out the front and rear seats of the car? Any links to videos would be appreciated. I need them out for cleaning purpose.
For the rear bench, you just need to pull out the seat from the portion where your thigh rests.

1. There are two clips holding the seat (positioned almost behind the front seats).

2. Just pull those places up & drag the seat towards the front seats.

3. There is a thin iron bar at the rear middle of the seat which goes into an iron bracket.

4. This bracket just facilitates & prevents the seat from moving up or down; its NOT clipped, NOT stuck firmly either - rather like a plug going into a socket.

5. While inserting back, please make sure you insert the iron rod part first and then place the seat clips correctly in the clip slot and press down. A wrong move & you can actually break it. Never mind, it's NOT expensive to replace.

For the front seats, I guess you need to unscrew some nuts using a spanner or the likes and then slide it out of the rails.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 14:39   #112
BHPian

Got 4th service of car done today --Bill 4000 at 15k kms.
Server was ok kind of due to lots of cars in Mondovi. Someone stole my box of coins (bit of shame for this trusted dealer). Suspect the air cleaner guy as only at this time I was not with the car. Got engine oil and brake oil changed along with AC airfilter and oil filter. Coolent was ok. Window motor lubrication was done along with other checks.

Tyre rotation/ alignment and balancing was done but from a new shop on the way to Jayanagar GPO (besides Dominos). Not good work. He only adjusted the front wheels and said that the rear wheels do not require any adjustment. Not sure if he was speaking truth. Will go to Madhus again.
Old 10th March 2014, 14:26   #113
BHPian

Got my 5th service done at 20000kms for 5k. Swift still does not fails to surprise me. I got 23kmpl with AC on superb ride to chennai and back. I am sure this car was the only car maruti and suzuki designed with their full senses. Wish I could swap interiors of my car with new swift interiors.
Anandg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 17:08   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Got 4th service of car done today --Bill 4000 at 15k kms....Got engine oil and brake oil changed along with AC airfilter and oil filter. Coolent was ok. Window motor lubrication was done along with other checks...
Brake oil change? And do you use mineral oil? The ill looks a bit on the higher side to me.

Quote:
...Tyre rotation/ alignment and balancing was done but from a new shop on the way to Jayanagar GPO (besides Dominos). Not good work. He only adjusted the front wheels and said that the rear wheels do not require any adjustment. Not sure if he was speaking truth. Will go to Madhus again.
I have never had my rear tyres adjusted. It was always the front tyres alone.

Quote:
Got my 5th service done at 20000kms for 5k...
Wow; pleasantly surprised. What all were changed? Could you post the bill please?
Old 25th July 2014, 12:10   #115
BHPian

Hello Team,
As i continue to enjoy my swift (with some scratches from kings of bangalore - Auto wallas), it time for me to change the seat cover. I got quotation for 9k from ovion leather (besides 3M in JP nagar). In the sample car, the fit and finish looks good for art leather. Do you think it is worth getting done from them or do you recommend a better place / option. I am not look for premium option but not very cheap either.

thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team,
As i continue to enjoy my swift (with some scratches from kings of bangalore - Auto wallas), it time for me to change the seat cover. I got quotation for 9k from ovion leather (besides 3M in JP nagar). In the sample car, the fit and finish looks good for art leather. Do you think it is worth getting done from them or do you recommend a better place / option. I am not look for premium option but not very cheap either.

thanks
Check Imperial leathers at bannerghatta road, there is a thread on them on Team BHP, and like most of us, even I got my seat covers done from there. Shiva is the contact person and he knows about the forum, so pricing would be competent.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:51   #117
BHPian

Thanks Dass for the recommendation. I shall contact him to get the work done.
Old 5th January 2015, 13:30   #118
BHPian

Finally got new seat covers for my swift from our very own Imperial leather. Also to add - returned from 1500Kms trip from Bangalore to Goa and my car gave a mileage of 23kmpl !!
Attached Thumbnails
My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_20150105_114127681_hdr.jpg  

My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_20141231_164244478.jpg  

My White Maruti Swift VDi (ABS)-img_20141231_163748804.jpg  

Last edited by Anandg : 5th January 2015 at 13:38.
Old 12th March 2015, 11:19   #119
BHPian

The new seat covers give an impression of more space in the car and are fitted nicely. The car has become a lot smoother than before. Its been so far pleasure to own this car.
Old 11th July 2017, 15:26   #120
BHPian

With the swift still munching its miles slowly and perfectly not able to find a single reason why i should upgrade it (and with what). Only space is the constraint in this car, rest is all perfect. I have done 30k in 6 years and would like to know what major service work that i need to be aware of. Though every thing is working fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks