Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Congratulations ..I have found the i10 suspension to be stiff at front and soft at the rear.You have mentioned that you have found the car to be stiffly sprung.Has the suspension been re-tuned in the latest kapp2 avatar?
I don't completely feel that the suspension is stiff at front and soft at the rear. But overall the setup is not as stiffly sprung as maybe some of its German counterparts, but neither is it as soft as the Hondas. In my case, the lower profile of the tyres compared to the original supplied have made the ride more firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Btw does those tyres hit the arches ? I understand 185/60/14 would be an idle choice for upgrade over those puny little ones. Am already in talks with few locals to get Michelins XM1+ along with OEM i20 alloys !
The tyres don't hit the wheel arches. The 185's are also good fits, but I chose the 175's as a balance between grip and fuel efficiency. Unfortunately there seems to be a short supply of the XM1's, hence I had to opt for the A.drive's.

The set of 4 alloys cost me Rs. 16500. And 5 tyres in exchange worked out to Rs. 9000.
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReckDriver View Post
The set of 4 alloys cost me Rs. 16500. And 5 tyres in exchange worked out to Rs. 9000.
Hmm. I remember the Lenso Samurai on your i20 were offered to me (15") for ~16k when I was looking out for them. For 14", this seems just a little high. ANyway, looks good and the deed's done, so never mind.
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:39   #18
BHPian

Are you serious

Because I remember paying 22k for those more than a year and a half back!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks