Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 18:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dealership Experience and Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Well mine locks the rear power windows as well. Not sure if this could be because of the difference in variant as mine is 90 HP (doesn't sound convincing to me).
Are you sure that the window-lock locks the co-passenger window?

In our Fiat Punto, only the rear-windows get locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Will have to check these out during the first service. I will be surely going in for a replacement of the stupid wiper blades. I found mine to be ineffective during heavy rains , which is dangerous.
Don't forget to get it checked.

IIRC, some of the Fiat Punto/Linea owners of the forum had got their wiper blades replaced FOC.
Old 28th December 2010, 20:36   #32
BHPian

Re: My White Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD

Congrats on the Punto MJD Praz. Awesome decision on the car and the colour !!
Old 29th December 2010, 08:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Don't forget to get it checked.

IIRC, some of the Fiat Punto/Linea owners of the forum had got their wiper blades replaced FOC.
We have three different Puntos with three different functionalities for the same button .
On a serious note, which is the one which is working properly?? I feel that it is more important to lock the co-passenger window, as the rear windows don't open fully anyway.
Klub Class, your's is an Emotion or an Emotion pk? And yeah, will get the wiper blades replaced during first service. I think it has to be FOC or I will make them do it FOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Congrats on the Punto MJD Praz. Awesome decision on the car and the colour !!
Thanks Pri2. Looks like white is one of the favourites amongst Punto owners. Hey, what's the mystery behind your ID (Pri2)?
Old 29th December 2010, 09:14   #34
BHPian

hi Praz,

Just came across your thread. Congratulations! It is a beauty indeed to drive and to drool at.
(We have the same trim and color )
Old 29th December 2010, 15:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:

You are right mate. I checked it out again and the window-lock switch locks only the read power windows, whereas the co-passenger window remains unlocked.

My apologies for the confusion.
Old 29th December 2010, 16:32   #36
BHPian

Happy to know another Beauty started rolling on our roads. Congrats for choosing and owning a Fiat Hatch!

Drive Safe and Enjoy your ride.

Wish you and your Beauty a very happy 2011.
Old 29th December 2010, 16:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
We have three different Puntos with three different functionalities for the same button .
You're wrong.

PS: Please see Sheetumanu's latest post in this thread.

Quote:
On a serious note, which is the one which is working properly?? I feel that it is more important to lock the co-passenger window, as the rear windows don't open fully anyway.
The power window lock is to lock the rear windows and not the co-passenger window.

Quote:
Klub Class, your's is an Emotion or an Emotion pk?
It's a Fiat GP 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk.

Quote:
You are right mate. I checked it out again and the window-lock switch locks only the read power windows, whereas the co-passenger window remains unlocked.

My apologies for the confusion.
Now, I'm happy that there are no issues with the working of power window lock switch in my car.

Thanks for clarifying the same

Last edited by Klub Class : 29th December 2010 at 17:00.
Old 30th December 2010, 08:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
You're wrong.

PS: Please see Sheetumanu's latest post in this thread.

The power window lock is to lock the rear windows and not the co-passenger window.

It's a Fiat GP 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk.

Now, I'm happy that there are no issues with the working of power window lock switch in my car.

Thanks for clarifying the same
Yes, I was wrong. So, looks like mine is the odd one out. Will check it during the first service. I might even let this go as I don't use my rear seats at all.

I filled up Nitrogen in my car yesterday. Paid Rs.30 per tyre. I've had enough of those petrol pump guys who damaged the pressure valve (or whatever that small metal thing is!!) 3 times recently. Eventhough it costs just Rs.5, I still have to go to some tyre shop and get it while my tyre keeps getting deflated slowly. I don't know whether it has made any difference to the ride. I will be taking the car to the highway tomorrow. I will let you guys know whether I feel anything different.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:07   #39
BHPian

Update : 3000+ kms, First service done

Acheived a milestone this weekend. Completed 3000 kms and gave the car for her first service. The experience was bad, to say the least. Long story ahead...

I took the car on Monday morning to Concorde SC in Injambakkam on ECR. I was surprised to see no mention of FIAT anywhere in the service center. I waited for someone to come and help me out with the service. After waiting for almost half an hour, I went and asked the receptionist about the service advisor as I had an appointment at 9:30 AM and till now no one had approached me. She took me to the SA assigned to my car and asked him to help me out. I was wondering what had kept him from attending to me till then.

Next, I told him all the issues that I was facing and asked him to change the engine oil. He refused to do it and said that it is absolutely not necessary. I told him to do it inspite of his reasons. He kept on blabbering something about how Fiat is different from Maruti and all. After some point, I could not take anymore BS and asked him to just leave it. I had asked him to check the following issues:
  1. Vibration coming from front right side below the bonnet
  2. Vibration from rear windscreen
  3. Wiper blades to be changed (refer to my previous posts)
  4. Wiring to be checked (HU does not switch off)
  5. Glovebox keeps coming off
  6. Coolant level went down after 2 weeks of possession
I was promised that the car will be delivered next day. I asked him to try and deliver the same day as I had to drive back to Bangalore the next day. He said he will try. Then, I get a call around 3:30 PM saying that all the issues except Issue#4 have been fixed. The electrician wanted the OE HU to check the wiring. I took the OE HU and went down to SC at around 4:30 PM. The SA told me that the car has gone for water wash and the electrician will check after the car has come out. At around 5:00 PM, the electrician checks the wiring and tells me that the wiring is proper and the OE HU does switch off when the engine is turned off. He puts the blame on the aftermarket HU. I asked him whether he is sure about this and he made this statement : "Sir, even I had a doubt. So, I removed the HU from another Punto and checked it and confirmed the same." I was shocked to hear this. How can they do such a thing to somebody's car without their permission?

Now, the SA gets the car ready for me around 6:30 PM, all the time delaying delivery saying the car is in cleaning or the bill is not ready, etc. Around this time, I saw a lot of unhappy customers there, some of whom abused the SC guys like anything. Cab drivers, I guess. But, the experience was too much. I decided that I never want to visit this SC again. Why can't FIAT have a dedicated SC?

Anyhow, finally the SA asks him to come with him to check the car and to my horror, I see that the car is not at all clean and some young boy is cleaning the car with a dirty cloth. He could not even clean the car properly. The SA was obviously in a hurry, as he started talking to me like he was in a FM radio advertisement. I could not understand a word of what he was saying. He said that he has fixed everything that I had asked him to. He said that Issue#4 is not an issue and I agreed with him as I had seen the electrician's little experiment myself. He said that Issue#3 is not an issue and they have done some changes to the wiper mechanism and it works properly now. I was very angry at this as I myself had seen how useless they were. He said that it will be different now and asked me to call him and tell him how it was. Well, I checked it today morning while driving to Bangalore, and I feel like kicking him.

The only issue that he managed to fix was Issue#1. The glovebox issue, which I reminded him multiple times was not fixed. It came off the moment I got home. On top of all this, this fellow had the nerve to ask me to give him a 10/10 during feedback. I will give some feedback alright!!

My rating : 4.5/10 (for fixing 1 issue and giving the car back in 1 peice)

Only saving grace is that the car is a pleasure to drive. I reached a max speed of 165 kmph during the weekend drive. It really hurts to see a great product like Punto being ruined by these morons' service.

Anyone else had a similar experience with these guys?
Old 4th January 2011, 16:22   #40
BHPian

just wondering - does the punto have pinch protection on the power windows??
Old 4th January 2011, 18:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is 'pinch protection'?
Old 4th January 2011, 18:30   #42
BHPian

Praz,

I had a chance to look at how they work on couple of occasions. Believe me, Concorde ECR is one of the most inefficient service centers of Tata in Chennai. I've shared one of my experiences here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-thinking.html
Old 4th January 2011, 18:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
No. Fiat GP does not have anti-pinch power windows.

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but what is 'pinch protection'?
In cars with anti-pinch power windows, if any obstruction like hand comes in the way of the window while closing, the window automatically goes down & prevents injury.
Old 4th January 2011, 20:33   #44
BHPian

Fortunately for me, I never had any major issues with my car while giving it for service. Maybe that's why I was satisfied with the service- as there was nothing to do.

Looking at your service review, and the dismal sales figures from Fiat, I think it is high time for Fiat to part ways from Tata.
Old 5th January 2011, 08:45   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Praz,

I had a chance to look at how they work on couple of occasions. Believe me, Concorde ECR is one of the most inefficient service centers of Tata in Chennai. I've shared one of my experiences here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-thinking.html
They have a huge service center and yet they are crowded. I have decided not to go with Concorde for my next service. Cliffhanger, who is lesser of the evils amongst TAFE, VST and Concorde? I think we badly need a FIAT only service center in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Fortunately for me, I never had any major issues with my car while giving it for service. Maybe that's why I was satisfied with the service- as there was nothing to do.

Looking at your service review, and the dismal sales figures from Fiat, I think it is high time for Fiat to part ways from Tata.
Even I didn't have a major issue with the car. God help me had it been so. The problem is that even the smaller ones have not been fixed. Is it just reckless attitude or their inability? Also, I noticed that the interior side of the front and rear windshields have some kind of dots on them. These are there on the IRVM too. I don't know what kind of cleaning has been done by these useless people. The car looked cleaner when I gave it for service.

I agree with you that FIAT has to part ways with TATA before it's too late for them. Everyone knows about TATA's service history and they are scared to buy a car which will be serviced by TATA eventually. I think the dec sales figures are also inline with this point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks