Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 12:02   #61
BANNED

Re: Car wars 3 - Return of the Mazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Bid goodbye to my Protege today for $2300 as I am to return back to India in a couple of weeks. Drove just more than 2 years and put on 22000+ miles, without any major issues to face. Will miss the super dependable ride for sure.
I had a Protege (bought new in 1999). I bought it after choosing between a Corolla and Protege - prices were very similar. Drove it for 6 years (60000+ miles - 96000 kms). Only problem I faced over those 6 years was the one doors automatic windows conked off after 3 years & had to get that fixed).

Maintenance expenditure
- Oil Change (20-30$ per change on the average). In the beginning used to do it ever 3000 miles (4800 kms). After wards started doing it at 5000 miles. Sometimes the oil change had a free tire rotation thrown in. Oil Changes done at dealer or Goodyear Gemini
- one major service after 3 years (around 400$, I think) - at Goodyear Gemini
- Tyres changed after 4 years (at Les Schwab - my favourite tyre guy in the US)
- Battery changed after 4 years (at Les Schwab)
- Puncture repairs
- Broke an automatic mirror once
Old 6th January 2013, 17:11   #62
BHPian

So finally you are returning. It is very nice and I'll again be able to see your black i10 asta on jessore road again. What a treat of sight it was. Do PM me when you're back in the hood.
Old 7th January 2013, 10:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I had a Protege (bought new in 1999). I bought it after choosing between a Corolla and Protege - prices were very similar. Drove it for 6 years (60000+ miles - 96000 kms). Only problem I faced over those 6 years was the one doors automatic windows conked off after 3 years & had to get that fixed).

Maintenance expenditure
- Oil Change (20-30$ per change on the average). In the beginning used to do it ever 3000 miles (4800 kms). After wards started doing it at 5000 miles. Sometimes the oil change had a free tire rotation thrown in. Oil Changes done at dealer or Goodyear Gemini
- one major service after 3 years (around 400$, I think) - at Goodyear Gemini
- Tyres changed after 4 years (at Les Schwab - my favourite tyre guy in the US)
- Battery changed after 4 years (at Les Schwab)
- Puncture repairs
- Broke an automatic mirror once
Yup - mine also ran with very minimal regular maintenance - just regular oil changes, tire rotations with 1 coolant flush and 1 wheel alignment done. Had to change the air intake hose ($25), 2 x door handle ($18 each) and a door lock actuator ($40). Overall - not an expensive car to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
So finally you are returning. It is very nice and I'll again be able to see your black i10 asta on jessore road again. What a treat of sight it was. Do PM me when you're back in the hood.
I look forward to it !
Old 12th February 2013, 14:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread closed as the car has been sold.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks