Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 22:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano CX- Initial Impressions and Ownership report.

Congrats on aquiring a Nano.Everytime I read a review of a Nano,i get tempted to own one.Time to take a decision.
Old 15th January 2011, 22:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If they make one with full size hatch door, then for sure I would get one for our office use. Are you listening TATA?
Err what will you do with a bigger Hatch door? Its a rear engine na, no space at back for stuff
Old 15th January 2011, 23:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Err what will you do with a bigger Hatch door? Its a rear engine na, no space at back for stuff
Actually Tech, the engine is quite compact and sits under the floor. If you can fold the back seat and open the hatch, it liberates a huge amount of room and can be used a mini-commercial vehicle. We do exactly that right now with a Wagon R. Loading thru the back door is not so easy
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano CX- Initial Impressions and Ownership report.-tata_nano_boot_space.jpg  

Old 15th January 2011, 23:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Oh wow! This is one car that has fantasized me to no end! I keep looking at a Nano when ever it comes around - and the first time I saw it close (hands on), I was truly shocked! The car has oodles of space inside - which'll put many bigger hatchbacks to shame!

Is the Left side ORVM available atleast as an accessory?

How noisy is it actually inside the car - i mean with the windows shut and the AC running (at say blower speed 2)? I hope it doesn't get as noisy as a diesel autorickshaw (pun intended).
I too find the Nano to be a stunner. I found cute little car is so practical for short distance urban usage that i am now seriously considering a yellow Nano for me once the upgraded version comes out.

The NVH is slightly higher than Maruti 800, not too much of bother in urban usage but it could have been quieter.

Quote:
Its good to know it has full HVAC, somehow I thought that being middle model it wouldn't have heater(as the first gen Indica's didnt have them either)

Btw how bad is the impact on performance with A/c, I am assuming it would be somewhat like Alto or even worse.

Keeping in mind that you folks do get Fog, any plans to put in Fog lamps? How much would they cost if fitted additionally?
I was driving the Nano in Noida's jam infested roads the whole day yesterday and i did not feel much drop in power after turning the AC on, I have a habit of always keeping the AC on with thermostat pointed to desired temperature. Next time i'll check the performance drop with AC on carefully.

Since this is a car meant to be used within 3-4km radius most of the times, i do not see any need for Fog lamps. But this is my Sis's car, i'll leave all this to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
you should have bought a red one as the punto,Nano looks hot in Red.
Yellow i guess is available only in LX.
Btw,Radiator at rear?
Isnt it air cooled?
Akshay, this car is meant to be used by my Sis, we picked a color of her choice, she wanted a color that does not attract much attention. If it was for my personal usage i would have picked Red(Yellow not available in mid variant).

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
does the CX version come with a front seat recliner option? If yes, is it working smoothly? Because i found the recliner in two of the nano's that i saw, including mine, to be very jerky and I get a feeling that I would break it into pieces!
Yes this car has a seat recliner and it's working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Dear Anshuman,

With regards to the LHS mirror, I was told by a dealership, that it is now available as an accessory.
When we got this car LHS mirror was not available. If that's available now, i am willing to get it installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The thing I don't understand is why the Base model doesn't have the front grill (as in, it shouldn't matter whether there's an HVAC unit or not). Surely it would make things easier for everything (from fitment to accident repair, where no real thought from the mechanics would need to go in).
The AC version has the AC Radiator + Fan in front, so it uses the air from the front grille. The Non-AC version has no use for the air from front grille so it's closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Most people compare the nano to cars segments higher and develop a negative opinion. If one views it with an unbiased mind, the nano really surprises for what it offers at what price.

In contrast, I found the steering very nice to drive. I loved the steering feedback in comparison to the EPS cars I've driven.
I do get to drive a Maruti 800 MPFI AC frequently and believe me i find the Nano more suited for City traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
I hope, the reported five geared version will take out most of the negatives, you listed.
That will make this nice car even nicer. I hope Tata does not forget Mr. Ratan Tata's promise of pricing it closer to a lac rupees. I find the current car excellent VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats on the Nano .anshuman. There is something about this car that fascinates people from all segments. If they make one with full size hatch door, then for sure I would get one for our office use. Are you listening TATA?

The beat of the engine may not sound upmarket but its gutsy like an old Beetle. Personally my favorite is also white.
I do not understand what is about this small car that makes it so desirable to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Please keep updating the thread ..
Surely. But sadly this car will not log much miles, expected usage is 2-3k/year.
Old 15th January 2011, 23:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I stand corrected then

The last time I sat in a Nano was in a showroom & it seems that they had kept something at the back & which made me feel that the floor was quite high & almost at the same level the gate's opening.
Old 16th January 2011, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Can you tell me about fuel efficiency?
Have you installed the music system ? Security system etc ?

I purchased Nano CX 6 months back bot could not find a suitable solution so far.
Old 16th January 2011, 17:20   #22
BANNED

Congrats on the Nano. It looks stunning in white too. I guess the coloured bumpers make all the difference.
Old 16th January 2011, 17:40   #23
Team-BHP Support

A Royal Enfield Classic 500 costs 1.5 on road.
The nano is at almost the same price point.

Agreed the milage is a little less for the Nano, but this car changes my perspective on an all India tourer.
Old 16th January 2011, 20:47   #24
BHPian

Congrats for the Nano. Looks cute in that creamy white guise (what's the color's name??).
That bumper identification thing was quite sharp from your side.
What is the average FE clocked by it?
Old 20th January 2011, 13:41   #25
BHPian

Seriously lovely in White(the body colored bumpers do make the diff, as someone said above)! Have never seen a white Nano on the roads yet.

A fifth gear is all it needs.
Old 20th January 2011, 16:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, I stand corrected then

The last time I sat in a Nano was in a showroom & it seems that they had kept something at the back & which made me feel that the floor was quite high & almost at the same level the gate's opening.
Was that a parcel tray? LX version does come up with one.
I own Yellow LX version, driven by my father for short distances, it is an excellent buy. One can not go wrong with car which is ~2Lac with mileage of +20KMPL
TATA also offer Gold service pack @ Rs. 2200 , which makes it 'ZERO' service cost till I guess 20,000 KM(I am not sure if its more though)
Old 20th January 2011, 23:30   #27

I so badly want to get hold of a Nano. I loved the pictures of your Nano and the color(Your's is the first one I have seen in ivory white). Having a hard time convincing my wife and parents to get one.
Old 21st January 2011, 07:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopzbabu View Post
I so badly want to get hold of a Nano..having a hard time convincing my wife and parents to get one.
Arrange a surprise test drive by having the TD vehicle brought to your house. Then take your family for a spin. Should work, I guess.

The Nano in white looks good to me as well
Old 21st January 2011, 16:06   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the "Khushiyon Ki Chaabi" .anshuman! Wishing your sister and family unlimited safe and happy miles with her.
Very nice detailed review, and also instructions for TASS .

Nano indeed is a real good car. Agree 100% with each statement in your review. Its just the insane "ego" that keeps the car's sales down. I hope the newer aggressive marketing campaign will improve sales of this gem of a car.

Cheers.
Old 21st January 2011, 19:46   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the fantastic buy. I must say that the car looks great in white. Do post an ownership report (including some bit of a highway run) soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks