Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano CX- Initial Impressions and Ownership report.

@anshuman:

We (my wife and me) are looking for a second car, the main purpose of that car would be, taking my wife to work, the daily run for that car would be approximately 20KM. Was seriously considering Nano CX for her.

But my wife has some serious concerns over the importance given to safety in this car, by TATA. Is this car safe enough? We didnt want to keep the ownership cost high and thats why we are considering Nano, and on the other hand dont want to go for a second hand Alto or Santro, as figuring out the car which has been handled well by a previous owner would be difficult. What would be your take on the safety in this car?
Old 22nd July 2011, 21:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
@anshuman:

We (my wife and me) are looking for a second car, the main purpose of that car would be, taking my wife to work, the daily run for that car would be approximately 20KM. Was seriously considering Nano CX for her.

But my wife has some serious concerns over the importance given to safety in this car, by TATA. Is this car safe enough? We didnt want to keep the ownership cost high and thats why we are considering Nano, and on the other hand dont want to go for a second hand Alto or Santro, as figuring out the car which has been handled well by a previous owner would be difficult. What would be your take on the safety in this car?
Allow me to answer this :

Nano is safer compared to M800 anyday (I own both Nano and M800). It is peppy to ride and as per my experience, the best city car you can use. good economy + good comfort + very light on the pocket to maintain (4 years/60k kms free maintenance for 5000Rs or something around that price). It is safe as long as you dont do speeds over 80. If I'm not wrong, Nano has a 3 star safety rating.
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:16   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post

But my wife has some serious concerns over the importance given to safety in this car, by TATA. Is this car safe enough? What would be your take on the safety in this car?
In a collision the Nano should be as safe as any other Modern car, in comparison the decades old 800 does not even have a basic impact absorbing shell.

The Fire issues reported are a cause of concern, some incidents were reported after Tata confirmed it to be safe enough.

Otherwise the Nano is a excellent car for short run. I am sure just like my Sister your wife will love the car, Go ahead buy it.

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd July 2011 at 12:36.
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:53   #49
BHPian

Great Addition. I personally feel nano is a car worth its money. Please don't compare with other costly cars. I have driven the top end model and I feel too things are missing in it as mentioned by anshuman.
1. Power steering
2. Good Insulation to reduce the NVH or is it due the engine at back?

Anyway we can say in whole it is an apt car people whose travelling distance is low. I heard they are planning to bring on power steering. Hope it is not a rumor. And if they add a diesel engine as per talks nothing like it.
Old 15th November 2011, 18:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Been one year now The LHS mirror now comes standard on nano CX (LX pictured).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano CX- Initial Impressions and Ownership report.-f-3.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:52   #51
BHPian

The car is missing the "red reflector" on the back bumper!

Was it not reinstalled after the paint job?
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 16:07   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove a 9400km done CX yesterday.

Barring the nvh( and irritating transmission whine ) and the rather bumpy ride on uneven roads , I must say this car has one of the best seating positions, decent brakes, decent gear shifts and the best headlights in business . She rides well at approx 70kmph in the 4th gear.

The car I drove was a genuine low km run example but had a worn out left front tyre , a clogged a.c. evaporator( very low flow even at blower speed 3) and a 360degree wiper.

The front 135/70 tyres are showing thin cracks on the sidewall indicating that they might have remained deflated for long.

Accessing the engine bay is a headache- fold the rear seat back , open six wing nuts to take the engine bay cover plate off.

Most Viewed