Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 12:00   #91
BHPian

Re: Now Thats A Fab New Years Eve - Skoda Fabia 1.6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Today I had seen a new Fabia HTP elegance trim on road in Delhi with Rear Wiper. The silver car had ribbons on the bonnet normally seen on cars being delivered from showroom and had stickers of Giriraj Motors Gurgaon. Is Fabia now available with rear wiper or is it a pre Oct 10 model?

@ mb_jg : I had taken loan from SBI in Feb this year. interest rates are lower at 9% for first two years and 10.75% thereafter. The paper work was a breeze and the draft received in two days.
9% is a neat deal. Think I will approach SBI this weekend. I have held off buying the car in a hurry, did not attend the sales guys calls at all. I just don't want to rush into it just because they want to close a sale before the month ends.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^Thanks Manish. From the above, I see no difference between the two dealers since neither have 1.6 petrol for a test drive. I would prefer to judge the 'driveability' of the car personally before I plonk in my 6.8 lacs.
I wonder why none of the dealer has 1.6 for test drive? I went to Europa for a B2B TD of Elegance Petrol and Diesel, unfortunately I have to wait for literally an hour to have the 1.2 Petrol car (that is another sad story I don't want to mention here, about how Skoda values their prospective customers). Finally I took my first TD of a Fabia and that was quite satisfactory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
9% is a neat deal. Think I will approach SBI this weekend. I have held off buying the car in a hurry, did not attend the sales guys calls at all. I just don't want to rush into it just because they want to close a sale before the month ends.
Manish, so you too from Pune and a prospective Skoda customer. S_U_N pm-ed me to make a group deal with the dealer to avail some discounts. Hope he haven't made it already (have you??) Like your case, I too am not in much hurry and taking my time to review the dealers. I wish if we all can make a group deal, what you guys say?

Last edited by iSpoke : 15th March 2011 at 12:37. Reason: typo
Old 15th March 2011, 12:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

^ That is a good idea. Let us take this offline, in order to avoid hijacking this thread.
Based on the features offered, I would say the price should be lower by about 30 K for the 1.6 petrol.
Old 15th March 2011, 13:06   #94
BHPian

You guys can Hijack the thread all you want! I guess people will want to know how it works out and the deal that you get!

Also, something I have noticed is Skoda dealers are very reluctant on discounts apart from the corporate discount that they give. Hope you guys can get them to give up some more!

Also, I have clocked 2500 today and I know an update with pics is due. I will be writing soon - so stay tuned folks!
Old 15th March 2011, 13:14   #95
BHPian

Am in, to try getting a group discount guys! The corporate discount is 10k & other freebies include mats & mudflaps, but that's about it.
I would be a happy customer if they would knock off even 20k over the corporate discount. Let me know when you guys want to meet up (only weekends though).
Old 15th March 2011, 13:42   #96
Senior - BHPian

Well, in my case they said: we cannot give you corporate discount, since your company is not on Skoda list. So as dealer we will give you 5K discount.

I find Punto to be more VFM than Skoda (considering price, features, build quality etc.). Just that wife was not comfortable with the long clutch pedal travel and had to rule it out.

Let me know what variants you guys are looking for and I can/ we can talk to the dealer for 3 Fabia's.

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th March 2011 at 13:44.
Old 15th March 2011, 14:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivir View Post
You guys can Hijack the thread all you want! I guess people will want to know how it works out and the deal that you get!
Thanks Shivir.

Quote:
Well, in my case they said: we cannot give you corporate discount, since your company is not on Skoda list. So as dealer we will give you 5K discount.

I find Punto to be more VFM than Skoda (considering price, features, build quality etc.). Just that wife was not comfortable with the long clutch pedal travel and had to rule it out.

Let me know what variants you guys are looking for and I can/ we can talk to the dealer for 3 Fabia's.
Same here, my company too not listed with them so no corporate discount. I believe the clutch pedal of Fabia also have a long travel (though not compared it with Punto).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
The corporate discount is 10k & other freebies include mats & mudflaps, but that's about it. Let me know when you guys want to meet up (only weekends though).
No freebies from Europa, Wakad. Sure, will arrange a meetup 'll PM you soon.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Thanks Shivir.

Same here, my company too not listed with them so no corporate discount. I believe the clutch pedal of Fabia also have a long travel (though not compared it with Punto).
Yes, the clutch pedal travel is long, but we felt it was more in Punto.
However, due to smooth gear shift, overall it is easier to drive despite sitting closer to the steering wheel.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:19   #99
BHPian

Skoda owners (and potential owners !) please note.

Someone wacked my octavia's rear logo last week. Then i just happened to go to Swargate (Pune) and enquired. The duplicate Skoda logo comes for Rs 180 but it does'nt have the 2 lugs....it's got only the sticker at the back.

Incidently the shop owner had a white Fabia with both logos missing and he was about to fit (the duplicate) logos.

Now i did'nt buy the logo. While driving back home my wife and me were busy looking out for cars without logos and i must say there were a LOT of Skodas with missing logos. Wonder what the thieves do with the logos ?? This logo stealing business seems to be a big racket in Pune
Old 15th March 2011, 15:31   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post

Someone wacked my octavia's rear logo last week. Then i just happened to go to Swargate (Pune) and enquired. The duplicate Skoda logo comes for Rs 180 but it does'nt have the 2 lugs....it's got only the sticker at the back.

Incidently the shop owner had a white Fabia with both logos missing and he was about to fit (the duplicate) logos.

Now i did'nt buy the logo. While driving back home my wife and me were busy looking out for cars without logos and i must say there were a LOT of Skodas with missing logos. Wonder what the thieves do with the logos ?? This logo stealing business seems to be a big racket in Pune
Yes. There is another thread and Pune is the hub (activity center) for this menace.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-31.html

However, this issue is not with Skoda specific. I have seen most other cars too (except Maruti and Hyundai) getting affected.
I like the concept of a low cost duplicate logo. Can you share any photos of this low cost duplicate logo? Is this available at A. S. S.?

On another note, some owners have removed logos/ monograms and kept them safe so that they cannot be stolen.

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th March 2011 at 15:32.
Old 15th March 2011, 15:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post

Wonder what the thieves do with the logos ?? This logo stealing business seems to be a big racket in Pune
Since the original logos cost a bomb, these stolen logos are sold into black market at cheaper rate for us owners (me not yet an owner!) to buy back. But good to hear that most owners boycott to buy from black markets, as it gives these guys promotion to steal more.

Quote:
I like the concept of a low cost duplicate logo. Can you share any photos of this low cost duplicate logo? Is this available at A. S. S.?

On another note, some owners have removed logos/ monograms and kept them safe so that they cannot be stolen.
Day before yesterday only when I was at Europa the sales guy showed me the duplicate logo on an old Fabia that was there for a service. Yes, it costs around 150 bucks and no one will be interested in stealing one!

I doubt if an owner will be daring to remove his/her own logo, it hurts.
Old 15th March 2011, 19:29   #102
BHPian

Quote:

I wanted to go for the Punto initially, but changed my mind instantly after I test drove the Fabia. It's so much more better in terms of an entire family package. The only thing sorely missing would be the Punto's fantastic high speed mannerisms on the highway. The new Fabia has electronic steering now, but the road handling is still good. I am not a fan of gadgets, I prefer enjoying the drive rather than operating climate control, steering mounted vol controls etc, etc.
However, I am going in for the 1.6 engine which comes only in the Elegance trim. The 1.2 is good too, but the 1.2 in Elegance trim is only approx 40k lower than the 1.6.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:45   #103
BHPian

The duplicate looks quite identical to the originals. No i haven't taken a snap of them. The shops are automobile shops in Swargate circle. I plan to vist the Skoda A.S.S. to have a close look at the originals and get a quote.

Last edited by rxpaul : 16th March 2011 at 11:49.
Old 16th March 2011, 11:52   #104
BHPian

Its been about 3 months and 2500 KMs and I thought this was as good time for an update as any!

General Thoughts:

The car continue to perform well on all fronts with the engine and the gearbox feeling a lot better now than initially. I guess thats the completion of the bedding in of the parts completed! Fuel economy continue to remain good through most of my driving and have on one occasion hit 5.5 L/100KM, which was quite crazy. Just a slow lazy drive into Delhi!

I did get my first scratch sometime back and I still haven't figured out how (on the edge of the bonnet close to the right headlamp and fairly high up?). I was extremely good about and didn't whine like a four year old whose parents just confiscated his favorite toy!

I have to say this though - strangely the music system is performing a little better and the speakers are sounding like I might let them be for a few months. Please dont misunderstand this as the sound is good. It is tolerable - which was not the case early on. I guess thats due to the settling of the speaker parts!

I have a slight rattle from the front passenger door - nothing alarming but will have it looked at and gotten rid of when time permits.

Overall:

1) Continues to be fun to drive!
2) The car enjoys being in 3rd and the power delivery on this gear seems to be stronger.
3) Braking / Handling - no issues on that front and I think it has gotten a little smoother over the last few weeks - or maybe I have acclimatized to the characteristics a little more !?
4) Air Conditioning is pretty good and now with the summer kicking in, I will have to figure out whether to get films put on or let it be.
5) The aircon does not impact the power delivery.
6) Very easy to find good vent positioning for the blower - I struggled for years with that on the ikon and the swift.

So far, I think the car has been a good buy - though the first service is a long way away - and its still too early to tell!
Old 16th March 2011, 12:20   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivir View Post
Fuel economy continue to remain good through most of my driving and have on one occasion hit 5.5 L/100KM, which was quite crazy. Just a slow lazy drive into Delhi!

That is 'crazy' good even by highway standards! Congratulations!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks