Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 13:19   #16
J.Ravi

Re: More pics of the Italian Beauty after delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
We performed a small puja at home and than took her out for a spin.
Congratulations and best wishes, h@r$h@l, on becoming a proud owner of a precious Punto. Explore and enjoy your Punto.

Old 31st January 2011, 13:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
THe car is beautiful if anything. Cargo is a letdown in all ways. Their follow up call for Punto was returned 3 months after I had bought the Jazz. But Aspi is supposed to be better.

Congrats on getting the Italian home.
yes i agree with you. Cargo is just not interested in selling Punto. They are selling it because they have to. I called them thrice i believe and not once they returned the call. I also visited them twice and both times they made a stupid excuse for not having a demo car and made me wait 15 mins for a sales person to attend me. At the end of 15 mins a sales person showed up, handed the price list and disappeared.

Whereas in ASPI we were attended very professionally and there was a regular follow up post first visit and also they arranged the Tuscan Wine color for us from another dealer elsewhere when we showed a genuine interest in the car by agreeing to pay a 51k booking amount.

the agreement was, that if there is something wrong with the Tuscan Wine car, we have the right of refusal and opt for another car from ex stock or refund that 51k or use the same as the booking amount for a 2011 model.

All in all the dealer was very cooperative. Will only know more on the service side once I have to visit them.

Just got back from the accessory guy. Handed the car for sun film. It should be ready by 5 pm. I enquired for JBL speakers. I was quoted 6k for 4 speakers + 2 tweeters including installation costs. you guys think its OK? I dont like going to other shops as these guys have been working on our cars since mid 80's and I dont care if they are charging me slightly more than other shops, but end of the day i get peace of mind.

They also confirm that no wire will be cut and it in no ways affect the warranty.
Old 31st January 2011, 13:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Harshal

Lovely choice you made finally. I have been following your selection process on few threads.

Punto looks most stunning in BNW and Tuscan Wine colors. The Linea takes this Wine colour to another level.

BTW, I am sorry if I have missed it while reading, but is it a 75 HP or 90 HP Punto?

Could you please comment on the back seat comfort and leg room? Also, could you please mention how good or bad is the boot?

Congratulations on a superb acquisition. Punto is lovable in all aspects.
Old 31st January 2011, 13:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Please find answers in BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey Harshal

Lovely choice you made finally. I have been following your selection process on few threads.

Punto looks most stunning in BNW and Tuscan Wine colors. The Linea takes this Wine colour to another level.

Thanks. The BNW and Tuscan Wine are both killer shades. My mom doesnt like white on cars for some reason, so didnt consider that. My 2nd choice for Grey or Red.

BTW, I am sorry if I have missed it while reading, but is it a 75 HP or 90 HP Punto?

76BHP

Could you please comment on the back seat comfort and leg room? Also, could you please mention how good or bad is the boot?

I spent a few kms on the back seat and found it pretty comfortable myself. for a 200 kms drive my mom, wife & aunt were on the back seat and they were pretty comfortable. Since my other cars are Wagon R and Cedia i will only be able to compare it with that. Better than Wagon R and not in class of Cedia.

There is enough leg room in front & rear. But if you have a 6' tall person in front seat, the space is compromised.

Congratulations on a superb acquisition. Punto is lovable in all aspects.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:22   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Harshal,
Congrats for your good buy.

"9. The small lever places inside the boot to open the fuel refill compartment incase the mechanical one fails."

Can you please tell me where the above lever is located...I never have seen this in mine. A photo will help a lot.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Hello Harshal,
Congrats for your good buy.

"9. The small lever places inside the boot to open the fuel refill compartment incase the mechanical one fails."

Can you please tell me where the above lever is located...I never have seen this in mine. A photo will help a lot.
There is no lever as such in the boot. a string is attached on the right side when you open the boot. My car is currently getting at a accessory shop. i will send u a pic across ASAP.

One more thing i forgot to mention in my review; My car did not come with a stock lighter. seems FIAT has changed this. I will attach a detailed interior / exterior photo shoot once the car is back.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 31st January 2011 at 15:27.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:04   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.

The fuel lid opener in the boot was very usefull when i recently broke the mechanical lever near the driver's seat. I am sure all the cars have this.

The power windows switches are actually in the right position IMO. But some times i end up operating the rear power windows instead of the front.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:05   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no lever as such in the boot. a string is attached on the right side when you open the boot. My car is currently getting at a accessory shop. i will send u a pic across ASAP.

One more thing i forgot to mention in my review; My car did not come with a stock lighter. seems FIAT has changed this. I will attach a detailed interior / exterior photo shoot once the car is back.
Harshal,
Me and MCR checked it now in my car. This is a new discovery as far we are concerned. Attached below is the photo of the string. It is on the rightside in the boot just behind the wheel arch. if we observe carefully we see two slots cut in the boot cladding to accomodate this.
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-31012011878.jpg

This is one more example of how FIAT does not advertise good features.
Seems like they believe a bit too much in the proverb "Actions speak louder than words".
Personally I like it but in this competitive world, you needs more words also.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

hi Hemant,

I agree with you. Fiat should market such things. I must say, the demo given by the dealer was no less than a class at school. They went through with every small part of it. engine bay, interiors, B&M, seat adjustments, boot, etc.

I dont know if this was at other dealers too; but at ASPI they had a dedicated FIAT trained person who explained to us the entire car in and out. mechanicals, fuel type, everything.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:41   #25
AVR
BHPian

Congratulations Harshal! Awesome is the word.

About marketing that string as a feature: Not sure. Its a necessity for remote fuel lids. All cars would have it. My '04 Safari also has it.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

The training about all the features happened with our car as well, taking no less than 25mins to go through all the features. And I actually stopped him from explaining the Blue & Me section. What was even more surprising was that the executive did all this explaining even at 7pm in the night when we took delivery, with full enthusiasm.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi Hemant,

I agree with you. Fiat should market such things. I must say, the demo given by the dealer was no less than a class at school. They went through with every small part of it. engine bay, interiors, B&M, seat adjustments, boot, etc.

I dont know if this was at other dealers too; but at ASPI they had a dedicated FIAT trained person who explained to us the entire car in and out. mechanicals, fuel type, everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The training about all the features happened with our car as well, taking no less than 25mins to go through all the features. And I actually stopped him from explaining the Blue & Me section. What was even more surprising was that the executive did all this explaining even at 7pm in the night when we took delivery, with full enthusiasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Congratulations Harshal! Awesome is the word.

About marketing that string as a feature: Not sure. Its a necessity for remote fuel lids. All cars would have it. My '04 Safari also has it.
@ Harshal and julupani,

I can't comment anything about the delivery experience...I took the delivery on the Bhaath bandh day when the ayodhya verdict was given.
The showroom was closing expecting riots and the executive asked me to take it the next day but I insisted on taking the delivery on the same day.
It was for this reason that nothing happened during my delivery.
it was only the ganapathi idol and the keys that i got.

@AVR
Though it might be a standard feature, looking at the other cars, Fiat doesn't put many points in their brochures or elsewhere.
When I was buying, This difference very much evident between Figo and Punto. Also any cars even mention the dead pedal as a feature
Hope you got me right.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

The paint quality is just awesome... Welcome to the FIAT family
Old 31st January 2011, 23:00   #29
BHPian

Congrates Harshalfor Punto MJD in TW.
I think the Tuscan wine FIATs are raining on tbhp.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

hey dude congratulations on your new italion beauty, looks awesome in this shade.Paint quality is top notch. Aspi is much much better dealer then cargo and bacha.Looking forward to meet fellow ahmedabad members in next meet for sure.Enjoy your ride and keep updating.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks