Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:34   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto

The car looks superb with the tints but isnt it a little too dark for the law ?

The Punto looks even more beautiful when it is seen next to a Hummer. Beauty lies in relativity !
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Thanks man. A lot of people asked me same question as you. Dark for the law. But I got it double checked with the installer and he confirmed they are road legal. The film isn't as dark as it looks in the pics. Inside out and outside in visibility is very much clear.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

2. The Blue and me has come bugs that i have come across; I have paired my BB8520 and it works fine. But when I get a call sometimes it displays the callers full name and at times only the callers number. when i browse through the phone book all contacts are there.

Some times B&M will show number even when contact is available if the number saved in mobile starts with 09.... and when called the number comes as +919..... try changing all contact numbers in mobile to +91 and check this might help.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:55   #49
BHPian

Congratulations Harshal!!

The colour looks nice. And me thinks, the tints are not legal
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedKrazy View Post
Some times B&M will show number even when contact is available if the number saved in mobile starts with 09.... and when called the number comes as +919..... try changing all contact numbers in mobile to +91 and check this might help.
hi,

thanks for the reply. But in my case it happens with same person calling. e.g. if my wife calls, at times i get her name displayed and at times only her number. her number is saved in +9198xxxxxxxx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Congratulations Harshal!!

The colour looks nice. And me thinks, the tints are not legal
Bapu,

thanks. I shall check the tints legality once again today when I go to him.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

To my knowledge, the windows of a glass can be tinted but they should be light enough for you to be able to see clearly across both windows when they are rolled up. Am not sure where I have read it but that nugget seems to be stuck in my mind.
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
To my knowledge, the windows of a glass can be tinted but they should be light enough for you to be able to see clearly across both windows when they are rolled up. Am not sure where I have read it but that nugget seems to be stuck in my mind.
Guys,

As pointed by all here, I took the car again today the film installer and he has confirmed the legality for the tints. He too pointed the same testing method as above. You should be able to see through to the other side with both glasses rolled up.

And we could clearly see. I too feel that the angle of the images make us all feel that the tints aren't road legal.

I forgot to mention that I also got garware icecool sheet on the front wind shield. Damage : INR 3500/-

Heading to surat this weekend. Car should be 650 kms older when we return.

More details on it once back on monday.

Drive safe!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:03   #53
BHPian

Oh god!How did I miss this thread.Congrats on the italian beauty.Nice review Harshal.Punto looks great in every colour. Is this a premium color from fiat?
Drive her safe
Cheers
Sreehari
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harshal. This is like what, the 3rd Punto amongst the TBhp members from Ahmedabad right?! I am usually not a big fan of dark colors considering the long and superhot summers out here, but this is one Awesome choice of color I must say! Looks really smart. Also, I was just thinking did you not consider the Jazz before your purchase - I don't see a mention anywhere on your shortlist. Anyways, great choice nonetheless. Drive safe
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Congrats Harshal. This is like what, the 3rd Punto amongst the TBhp members from Ahmedabad right?! I am usually not a big fan of dark colors considering the long and superhot summers out here, but this is one Awesome choice of color I must say! Looks really smart. Also, I was just thinking did you not consider the Jazz before your purchase - I don't see a mention anywhere on your shortlist. Anyways, great choice nonetheless. Drive safe
Hey rosh,

Thanks for ur wishes man. The car looks gr8 in person than in pics

I like playing with colors. But the usuals for us are greys, silver etc. But this wine colour was simply irresistible. It was like love at first sight. The reason jazz is not mentioned is because our preference of fuel was diesel. If it was petrol; Jazz was a sure winner there.

@shk 8896 thanks man. Yes tuscan wine is a premium colour and fiat charges 5k for the same. They have 2 premium shades. Punto looks beautiful in all colours though.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 3rd February 2011 at 23:39.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

harshal,do you stay anywhere nearby NID, as this evening coming back from office spotted a new wine punto near NID and paldi cross roads.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
harshal,do you stay anywhere nearby NID, as this evening coming back from office spotted a new wine punto near NID and paldi cross roads.
Hi vijay,

No man I don't stay near NID. I was not in that area too today. Must have been another punter. all of a sudden I have noticed an increase in punters in town.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harshal, the wine colour looks really top notch on the Punto. the paint job seems to have been very well done - kudos to Fiat! Have you had any long drives yet? It would be interesting to know your feedback on highway manners of the beauty.
Old 4th February 2011, 22:25   #59
BHPian

dude to add bling,get on the chromebits of linea on the door handles and the chrome rubbing strip.think it will contrast nicely with the dark paint.
Old 4th February 2011, 22:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats Harshal, the wine colour looks really top notch on the Punto. the paint job seems to have been very well done - kudos to Fiat! Have you had any long drives yet? It would be interesting to know your feedback on highway manners of the beauty.
Hey,

Its a beauty for sure and yea fiat has done a good job with the paint quality. Its top notch. I did ae short highway trips on the 3rd day of ownership. At the end of 3rd day the ODO was @ 585 kms

Tomorrow I am heading to surat for the weekend. One way drive 305 kms : home to home. So by monday punter shall be older by abt 650 kms. I will able to comment on the highway manners and all only then.

However, I made a small observation today. The punto has a feature of auto lock all doors as soon as the car crosses 20 kmph; but all 4 doors can be opened easily from within. You the pull the lever and the door is open. Isn't that unsafe when you have kids on rear seats and you haven't engaged the child lock?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed