Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 14:24   #16
BHPian

Re: My Ford FIGO TDCI Titanium...now rolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
All that they did was changed the OIL and i am not sure if they cleaned the Air Filter.
What about changing the oil filter? It needs to be done during 2nd service.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
What about changing the oil filter? It needs to be done during 2nd service.
Oh yes it has been done aswell
Old 20th June 2011, 11:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

My Car went through a Major Break Down yesterday. on the 19th June at aroun 0015 the Timming belt snapped. i was surprised and shocked. This happened on the NH8 near the Radison Hotel.

To add to further disappoint ment the car has just done 10025 KM at the time of breakdown,Was unable to get through to the Ford Emeregency service number for 1 hour. and after i got through they asked for 1200 RS for towing service. They told me that the free assistance is limited to the city where i bought the car only(which is not mentioned any were).

Last edited by desideep : 20th June 2011 at 12:16.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Car went through a Major Break Down yesterday. on the 19th June at aroun 0015 the Timming belt snapped. i was surprised and shocked. This happened on the NH8 near the Radison Hotel.

To add to further disappoint ment the car has just done 10025 KM at the time of breakdown,Was unable to get through to the Ford Emeregency service number for 1 hour. and after i got through they asked for 1200 RS for towing service. They told me that the free assistance is limited to the city where i bought the car only(which is not mentioned any were).
Thats bad desideep. Have you been able to identify what the problem was? By major breakdown what do you mean, the car was not being able to start at all. More details needed.

Regarding the Road Side Assistance (RSA), Ford offers it in only select cities and at a nominal price. If you are outside the city limits you are liable to be charged if you use Ford services. Had you opted for the RSA?
Old 20th June 2011, 15:32   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... the Timming belt snapped. i was surprised and shocked....
It is highly unlikely for the timing belt to snap in a car that has run so little. What exactly did cause the failure?
Old 20th June 2011, 16:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am stil not sure what was the main issue. but after my chat with my uncle he mentioned that he has observed such problem cause of manufacturing defects
Old 20th June 2011, 19:54   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Obviously its a manufacturing defect. Now, do you know if there is any damage to the valves etc?. Do they need to open the head?

My two cents - This is a serious matter, take it as such. Report this to the higher officials. And, lets wait for more experienced fellow members to chip in with their advices. If you feel like, ask mod advice if to start a separate thread.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Got the car back last night, The belt was changed, the car is driving fine now.
Old 21st June 2011, 15:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
- Any particular dislikes
The ground clearance is a problem aswell. I was thinking of taking the car to Chander Tal and may be Leh but seems that if any thingmore than two people I would keep on scraping the floor.
Haven't you thought of Installing Rubber Inserts for its Rear Suspension to raise its ride height. I've seen many of Figos & Zens having that, especially by those guys who've installed Taller/bigger Alloys on it.
IMHO, these comes pretty cheap & can be installed easily.
Old 21st June 2011, 17:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Haven't you thought of Installing Rubber Inserts for its Rear Suspension to raise its ride height. I've seen many of Figos & Zens having that, especially by those guys who've installed Taller/bigger Alloys on it.
IMHO, these comes pretty cheap & can be installed easily.
Yes i may like to get the height increased by an inc but again i dont want to compromise on the handeling. cause the height can be tackled ny slow speed over the humps.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:37   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car back last night, The belt was changed, the car is driving fine now.
Check this - Timing belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Make sure all the problems are sorted.

Quote:
Yes i may like to get the height increased by an inc but again i dont want to compromise on the handeling. cause the height can be tackled ny slow speed over the humps.
You might wanna check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html . According to reports, it prevents bottoming out. No change in handling.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Check this - Timing belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Make sure all the problems are sorted.

You might wanna check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html . According to reports, it prevents bottoming out. No change in handling.
I have checked this thread and i am wanting to get these parts and get them fitted. But bit of monnies are not helping out and to be true 2000 RS for spacers is a bit of pinch.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:19   #28
BHPian

Congratulations for Figo.

I too have booked Figo Diesel but ZXI trim. The Titanium version I test Drove but due to little shallow pocket I have chosen ZXI version. ABS, EBD and Airbag's utility is priceless but since my Highway trips are less and I am a very sedate driver. Max speed I have achieved till date is 100 and usually I drive on highways at 70 to 90 kmph. So considering Budget and Risk factor I settled on ZXI.

Regarding Service Center problems I suggest you to contact ford and register a complaint. Ford responds quickly and resolves the issues very elegantly. You can use toll-free no 1800-425-2500 or Mail to custcare from Ford website or write on FordFigo facebook page. They call back and the process starts, Very efficient service. I had very nice experience when I had issues while booking the car. The dealer was refusing Own PDI as per T-BHP checklist and forcing some unwanted services on me. Once I wrote to them all the things started falling in place and I could save unnecessary expenditure. Try out and let us know what is your experience.

What are you planning for poor Head Lamps ? Have you noticed them ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi I would suggest you to arage for that extra monies and go for the Titanium. cause around 30000 will give you all that you would not be able to retrofit and beleive me after driving my FIGO me and my brother thing that Buying the RITX VDI without ABS was a mitake.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Congratulations for Figo.

I too have booked Figo Diesel but ZXI trim. The Titanium version I test Drove but due to little shallow pocket I have chosen ZXI version. ABS, EBD and Airbag's utility is priceless but since my Highway trips are less and I am a very sedate driver. Max speed I have achieved till date is 100 and usually I drive on highways at 70 to 90 kmph. So considering Budget and Risk factor I settled on ZXI.

Regarding Service Center problems I suggest you to contact ford and register a complaint. Ford responds quickly and resolves the issues very elegantly. You can use toll-free no 1800-425-2500 or Mail to custcare from Ford website or write on FordFigo facebook page. They call back and the process starts, Very efficient service. I had very nice experience when I had issues while booking the car. The dealer was refusing Own PDI as per T-BHP checklist and forcing some unwanted services on me. Once I wrote to them all the things started falling in place and I could save unnecessary expenditure. Try out and let us know what is your experience.

What are you planning for poor Head Lamps ? Have you noticed them ?
Hi I would suggest you to arage for that extra monies and go for the Titanium. cause around 30000 will give you all that you would not be able to retrofit and beleive me after driving my FIGO me and my brother thing that Buying the RITX VDI without ABS was a mitake.

Regarding the Head lamps i plan to get the HID's for them, if the budget allows may be will get a projector setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks