Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 22:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS

A quick question: Will the old NA Indica be discontinued or sold side by side? And why TATA donot have wheel arches in this version, they look good?
Old 11th March 2011, 00:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

LOL! 4.45L for a 12 year old model? Who will buy this when the base figo is available around the same price? The figo has a much better image when compared to the indica. IMO, they should sell this model just to the cabbies and let the Vista take the game forward. The Vista already seems to be couple of generations old after the arrival of Polo, Beat and the likes. The Indica is ancient. The only way they can sell it is if they can price it alongside the Alto K10 or the base W-R.
Old 11th March 2011, 00:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ahh..someone in tata had an asthetic brain wave. I really hated those ugly side claddings that protruded so much outside the line of the tyres.

The back to roots design is so much cleaner and it is great to hear about the change in heart!! Though it's sad that Tata chose to leave the ergonomics the same.

Sid, nice, brief review. You are making scoops a way of life eh??

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 11th March 2011, 03:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
A quick question: Will the old NA Indica be discontinued or sold side by side? And why TATA donot have wheel arches in this version, they look good?
If you mean the previous Turbomax version - the answer seems to be YES. Here is what SidIndica wrote in another thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2265999

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
LOL! 4.45L for a 12 year old model? Who will buy this when the base figo is available around the same price? The figo has a much better image when compared to the indica. IMO, they should sell this model just to the cabbies and let the Vista take the game forward. The Vista already seems to be couple of generations old after the arrival of Polo, Beat and the likes. The Indica is ancient. The only way they can sell it is if they can price it alongside the Alto K10 or the base W-R.
I assume the base version at Rs.3.95 L would be bought in majority by the cabbies. At this price it still seems like VFM if only one can get consistently 25kmpl out of the car and the ride is refined and gearbox good. However without even an option for airbags/abs eV2 doesn't come across as a family friendly vehicle inspite of the old gen chassis.

However, with the mileage, it has potential to sell well in tier-II cities and other semi urban places. But the bottom line is that, this seems like a half-baked product.
Old 11th March 2011, 09:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

To clear all confusion:

Indica V2 is the same old indica with 475 NA IDI engine whic will feature this new look and will continue to be sold only in BS 3 avatar.
  • L non AC
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS
Indica E-V2 will be sold all over the country. This replaces the turbo with common rail CR4 motor. Its a 16V DOHC DiCOR 1.4 in an "improved" avatar.
  • L non AC
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS
  • LX "fully" loaded.
For petrol, the indica e-V2 xeta is also there with a 1193 cc, 65.3 ps engine.
  • GL non AC
  • GLE AC
  • GLS AC + PS
  • GLX "fully" loaded.
And then there is also the e-V2 xeta LPG with a factory fitted LPG kit.
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS.
Old 11th March 2011, 10:51   #36
BHPian

Here is the pricing as per ACI:

The Tata Indica eV2 CR4 diesel is priced at Rs 3.95lakh for the base variant, going up to Rs 4.77lakh for the top-end variant. Prices of the new eV2 petrol variant starts from Rs 2.95lakh and rising up to Rs 3.58lakh (prices ex-showroom Delhi).

Happy Motoring !!
Old 11th March 2011, 11:32   #37
BHPian

i think this car is targeted for tourist and public transport and not for private consumers. They do have the fresh looking Vista which they have not permitted to be used for tourist and public transport. If this car manages to provide the FE they claim, it sure would be WIN-WIN !
Old 11th March 2011, 13:45   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
To clear all confusion:

Indica V2 is the same old indica with 475 NA IDI engine whic will feature this new look and will continue to be sold only in BS 3 avatar.
  • L non AC
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS
Indica E-V2 will be sold all over the country. This replaces the turbo with common rail CR4 motor. Its a 16V DOHC DiCOR 1.4 in an "improved" avatar.
  • L non AC
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS
  • LX "fully" loaded.
For petrol, the indica e-V2 xeta is also there with a 1193 cc, 65.3 ps engine.
  • GL non AC
  • GLE AC
  • GLS AC + PS
  • GLX "fully" loaded.
And then there is also the e-V2 xeta LPG with a factory fitted LPG kit.
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS.

Can we get the Ex-showroom price of each varients ?
Is 3.95 lacs for Indica E-V2 L non AC version ?
Old 11th March 2011, 18:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
To clear all confusion:
  • L non AC
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS
  • L non AC
  • LE AC
  • LS AC + PS
  • LX "fully" loaded.
The first 2 variants are both without power steering. Ever driven a diesel without PS? Clearly targetting the taxi segment. The last variant is clearly very close to Ritz as someone mentioned.

This seals the fact that Tata wants this car to be mainly for the Taxi segment. And the older V2 for the taxis in Tier II cities.
Old 11th March 2011, 18:46   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Every year I hope for one thing from Tata: change that dash-board. Have been seeing it since 2000, and they are persisting with that. Something I have never been able to understand ..

For a person travelling inside a car, the exterior can be kept aside. But the interiors, esp the dash is something one has to look at all the time when he is inside the car. And 10+ yrs is a loong loong time to go without a change.

And this was one of the main reasons I did not go for another Indica/ Indigo 2 yrs back, but instead opted for the Ikon.
Old 11th March 2011, 19:43   #41
BHPian

Prices are updated on Tata website. Ex-showroom Bangalore prices

Bang on territory of Vista/Figo prices

Quote:
To clear all confusion:

• L non AC 332,795.00
  • LE AC 373,353.00
  • LS AC + PS 395,235.00
Indica E-V2 will be sold all over the country. This replaces the turbo with common rail CR4 motor. Its a 16V DOHC DiCOR 1.4 in an "improved" avatar. BS4
  • L non AC 395,137.00
  • LE AC 434,143.00
  • LS AC + PS 449,826.00
  • LX "fully" loaded. 478,350.00
For petrol, the indica e-V2 xeta is also there with a 1193 cc, 65.3 ps engine. BS4
  • GL non AC 294,366.00
  • GLE AC 317,475.00
  • GLS AC + PS 336,580.00
  • GLX "fully" loaded. 360,785.00
And then there is also the e-V2 xeta LPG with a factory fitted LPG kit. BS4
  • LE AC 330,302.00
  • LS AC + PS. 356,955.00
allwheeldrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2011, 03:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

I was at Kulathunkal Motors today for a free checkup camp and saw the Indica eV2 LX. It was the orange shade which is exclusive to the LX. Looked like red in the shade. Took some pics with my mobile cam. Color and quality isn't that great.

Exterior Shots
Quick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_left.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_right.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_rear.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_front.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_sticker_r.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_sticker_f.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_alloy.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_alloy2.jpg

Interior Shots

Quick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_interior.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_doorpad.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_rearseats.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_console.jpg
Quick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_gear.jpgQuick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_clocks.jpg
Quick First Drive: Tata Indica E-V2 CR4 LS-indica_ev2_plastics.jpgName:  Indica_eV2_shelf.jpg
Views: 19114
Size:  132.5 KB

What I liked:
  • Mirror with chrome insert from the Indigo/CS LX.
  • Tastefully done alloys, IMO better than on the Elan/Safire90 (Safire90 seen in pic 1)
  • Nice Stickering that isn't overdone.
  • Clean look from the removal of flares. This also makes the 14" wheels fill the wheel wells better.
  • Better panel gaps than the regular Indica (or even my Indigo TDi, I think the e-models have better build)
  • Nice beige interiors, loved the cubic printed wood on the dash.
  • Music system with BT and USB
  • Leather covered gearshift knob
  • Nice clocks
  • Split rear seat (60:40)
  • Full HVAC, and vents that can be fully closed.
What I didn't like:
  • Gaps still uneven on some panels (note RHS front door and bonnet gap on LHS.)
  • Not very different from regular Indica from front and rear
  • Bad panel gaps on some plastics (not a game changer for me)
As you see from the pics, the wheels are different from what's on the brochure, and better for it. The tyres were 165/65R14 Bridgestones. The seat fabric was similar to that on my Indigo, dual tone fabric. The interiors are lighter than on my car, I think. PW is only on front, and it'll cost around 6-7K to add those at rear too. I didn't get a chance to drive the car or turn it on because the sales staff weren't in. The car wasn't locked, which was why I was able to get in and take pics.

The accurate color of the car can be seen at the edges of pic 2 and 3 of the interior shots. I hope to get a TD sometime soon.

Last edited by vivekgk : 14th March 2011 at 03:24.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

On my Pune trip, I saw the very same car inside the Tata plant. With alloys. Will share my witty story on how it actually happened in my travelogue.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Supposedly "fully loaded" LX does not even have a rear wash/wipe and demister! Pricing also is on the higher side.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

No rear wash/ wipe/ defogger, no rear power windows or rear fog lamps, all which were present on DLX. A smart way to increase the vista's sales. LX at 4.77 is way too overpriced for a 12 year old hatch, no matter if it has the common rail motor. And I hate those decals. This is the last thing we wanted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks