Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 22:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento TDi - My Silver rocket is finally here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Regarding the wiper anomaly, how do you guys fill up at Shell, dont they ask for a wind shield cleaning?
That should not be much of a problem , the wiper has to be put in service position with the help of the wiper switch / lever, the cleaning then can happen with the wipers blades lifted up
Old 16th March 2011, 22:09   #32
BHPian

Hey Svis, congratulations on your vento!

And I do think there are certain changes in MY2011 as in my polo 1.6 HL, production: february '11, convenience closing/ opening of windows from the key and also Auto closing/ opening of the driver window seem to be missing
Old 17th March 2011, 11:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@Svis- the wipers should not be lifted for cleaning the windscreen underneath like you normally do with any car. For this there is something called a service position. To activate this you need to switch ignition to on position and then off and then push down the wiper switch once. The wipers will move to an intermediate position on the windscreen where you can lift and clean under them.

Obviously you're not going to accompany your carwash-wala downstairs everyday so this is a royal fail feature. And no matter how much you tell these guys not to, they're going to lift it up from whatever position it is to clean underneath. This apparently results in scratches on the windscreen and the bonnet as well!
Man thats a crazy procedure for something this simple. Rather insist on the car wash guy never to clean under the wiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Very happy for you mate !! When are you getting the accessories done ?
Please do let me know about your accessory hunt , need to share notes
Got it done at Auto King, Shivaji park. Good guy, knowledgable, referred to me thro an office colleague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
what is stereo frame?
Frame for the HU to sit in. comes with adaptor and sockets to prevent any cutting of wires which voids warranty.
Old 17th March 2011, 11:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Regarding a question on goodies. Sent the car for fitting the following today:
1. Pioneer 6050 2 Din HU - 11.5k
2. Stereo frame with adaptor/socket - 2.2k
3. 3 M 50% sunfilm (RE series) - 4.8k
4. Car floor lamination - 2.4k
5. Floor mats (black) - 1.2k
6. Leather Steering cover (beige) - 650
7. Car protector strips (set of 10) - 850

Total - 23.6k
Add 4 fibreglass mudguards (dark grey) for 650 bucks. Total negotiated amt is 23.4 k
Old 17th March 2011, 18:05   #35

Quote:
Regarding a question on goodies. Sent the car for fitting the following today:
1. Pioneer 6050 2 Din HU - 11.5k
2. Stereo frame with adaptor/socket - 2.2k
3. 3 M 50% sunfilm (RE series) - 4.8k
4. Car floor lamination - 2.4k
5. Floor mats (black) - 1.2k
6. Leather Steering cover (beige) - 650
7. Car protector strips (set of 10) - 850

Total - 23.6k

Add 4 fibreglass mudguards (dark grey) for 650 bucks. Total negotiated amt is 23.4 k
CONGRATS!!! on your new beauty and enjoy lot of happy miles. Really feeling happy for you and can't wait to taste mine. My vento is in transit now and the delivery is expected next weekend.

I am planning on the goodies now and your's will be really helpful to me. It would be great if you could post the pictures of these goodies after fitting is done.

Also, have you done teflon coating and under chasis painting for your car? Is it necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post

And I do think there are certain changes in MY2011 as in my polo 1.6 HL, production: february '11, convenience closing/ opening of windows from the key and also Auto closing/ opening of the driver window seem to be missing
Why is that? It is supposed to be one of the great features. Is there any official communication from VW related to this?

@Svis: Can you please check this in your car and let us know?
Old 17th March 2011, 18:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer 6050 2 Din HU - 11.5k
Is it the cost of upgrade or new installation? What will you do with the stock ice?
Old 18th March 2011, 11:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri.R View Post
Also, have you done teflon coating and under chasis painting for your car? Is it necessary?
Why is that? It is supposed to be one of the great features. Is there any official communication from VW related to this?

Nope, didn't do the teflon and under chassis painting. IMHO its not required as there's a 6 yr corrosion and 3 yr paint warranty. Plus I shampoo my car 2/3 times a week and the teflon lasts for 6-8 months only.
All '11 Vento models have auto opening/closing from key and door buttons. Dont see any diff in '10 and '11 models in Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Pioneer 6050 2 Din HU - 11.5k
Is it the cost of upgrade or new installation? What will you do with the stock ice?
Cost of new installation. Stock ICE has been put up on TBHP Classifieds. Also dealer says he can get 3.5/4k as a throw away price if some custy comes to him for it. Lets see
Old 19th March 2011, 00:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, didn't do the teflon and under chassis painting. IMHO its not required as there's a 6 yr corrosion and 3 yr paint warranty. Plus I shampoo my car 2/3 times a week and the teflon lasts for 6-8 months only.
All '11 Vento models have auto opening/closing from key and door buttons. Dont see any diff in '10 and '11 models in Vento.

Cost of new installation. Stock ICE has been put up on TBHP Classifieds. Also dealer says he can get 3.5/4k as a throw away price if some custy comes to him for it. Lets see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giri.R View Post
CONGRATS!!! on your new beauty and enjoy lot of happy miles. Really feeling happy for you and can't wait to taste mine. My vento is in transit now and the delivery is expected next weekend.

I am planning on the goodies now and your's will be really helpful to me. It would be great if you could post the pictures of these goodies after fitting is done.

Quote:

Something doesnt seem to be right here, could '11 Polo owner shed some light?
I just got my car a week back and I dont even want to think about the possibility of there being an electrical fault
Old 19th March 2011, 15:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

You are talking about a polo, when the thread OP has a Vento. All 2011 polo's now comes with electric ORVM in place of window roll down feature.

There are no changes in the Vento though.

Quote:
Something doesnt seem to be right here, could '11 Polo owner shed some light?
I just got my car a week back and I dont even want to think about the possibility of there being an electrical fault

Last edited by bala80 : 19th March 2011 at 15:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks