Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 16:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Go...Figo!

I am honoured antorquetik, that you used your 1st post in this great forum to congratulate me.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 6th May 2011 at 16:03. Reason: spellcheck
Old 7th May 2011, 18:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

hi guys just posted my Initial ownership report for 20,000 Kms Figo TDCi Titanium
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ling-love.html
Old 7th May 2011, 18:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Skyline GT-R on your new acquisition! Happy mile crunching on your Figo!

The alloys look good! How are the tyres road noise and grip wise?
Old 8th May 2011, 13:12   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is a beauty with the alloys and fog lamps. The white paint job on the fog lamps also has been neatly done.
White is simply the best colour for Figo. I almost bought white, but i couldnt afford the luxury of time to sparkle clean it daily. So eventually i settled for Red
Old 8th May 2011, 13:55   #20
BHPian

The card looks gorgeous with its alloys. Congratulations on your new car. Please post some more pics of its interiors.
Old 8th May 2011, 18:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Congrats Skyline GT-R on your new acquisition! Happy mile crunching on your Figo!

The alloys look good! How are the tyres road noise and grip wise?
The tyres are good. Pls go through my earlier post in pg1 for details. Worth the extra 500-600 Rs spent compared to ADrive/CPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
The car is a beauty with the alloys and fog lamps. The white paint job on the fog lamps also has been neatly done.
White is simply the best colour for Figo. I almost bought white, but i couldnt afford the luxury of time to sparkle clean it daily. So eventually i settled for Red
Actually I like red but thought i was too old for a red car! My friends say that white Figo looks bigger as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
The car looks gorgeous with its alloys. Congratulations on your new car. Please post some more pics of its interiors.
The alloys were selected after harassing the tyrewallahs for about 2 weeks. I started off with around 5 designs & closed down on this. I have only a handycam with me right now which is not good in snapshot mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Go...Figo!-11.jpg  

Go...Figo!-12.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2011, 17:11   #22
BHPian

Hi,

I have completed close to 6000 kms. The car is driving perfect & my initial apprehensions of selecting a Ford is completely blown away.To hell with resale value & higher maintenance costs.

I had an Sr Engineer from auto industry (Ex GM) as passenger while returning from Calicut to Kochi & he was all praise for the ride and stability. It was his 1st time in a Figo.

I have upgraded to Osram Nightbreaker+ 60/55W yesterday, but noticed that brighter light was the only advantage over OE Halonix. Maybe the rain was masking the advantages. Will update on the highway characteristics soon.

My only issue till now is the super chilling AC. It is impossible to keep the knob in the "blue" zone for longer time except in afternoons.

Overall Kairali Ford staff (Paul in Sales & Manu in Service) has been very helpful although requests for rear fogs/tilt adj steering wheel/front armrest were denied categorically.
Attached Thumbnails
Go...Figo!-figonb-003.jpg  

Go...Figo!-123.jpg  

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 3rd June 2011 at 17:32.
Old 5th June 2011, 23:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post

I have upgraded to Osram Nightbreaker+ 60/55W yesterday, but noticed that brighter light was the only advantage over OE Halonix. Maybe the rain was masking the advantages. Will update on the highway characteristics soon.
Waiting for the updates. Whilst i'm waiting, can you please spill the beans on how much big a hole it blew through your pocket for the light upgrades? Does it give a better vision or is it that it just seems to add more visibility?
Old 5th June 2011, 23:50   #24
BHPian

Hi,

Drove the car tonight & found that the claimed 90% more light, 35M longer beam are not experienced real time. But the light is brighter, with more reflection.

The box mentions "less strain on eyes" which has to be validated after a long night drive.

Compared to OE Halonix which has poor beam throw (High beam creates a dark spot around the car), Osram NB+ lights up the road better. Not longer but better.

The damage was Rs 1000/- (MRP Rs 1150/-)

If you are planning an upgrade, i suggest you go for Philips X-treme power, so that we can compare & find out which is actually better.
Old 6th June 2011, 00:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Compared to OE Halonix which has poor beam throw (High beam creates a dark spot around the car), Osram NB+ lights up the road better. Not longer but better.

The damage was Rs 1000/- (MRP Rs 1150/-)

If you are planning an upgrade, i suggest you go for Philips X-treme power, so that we can compare & find out which is actually better.
A few questions:
1) What about the legality? Is it okay to have it installed or will i have to keep feeding the police walas after the upgrade?

2) what about warranty? I have heard that Ford is notorious for voiding warranty for the stupidest of reasons

3) where did you get it done?

And yes, Philips X-treme. I'll keep that in mind
Old 6th June 2011, 00:23   #26
BHPian

It is ARAI approved wattage (60/55W) & does not have any fancy colours like Blue or Pink.

Ford cannot technically void warranty for this, but as a precaution we can always switch back to OE bulbs in case of any electric/electronic issues. it takes only 15 minutes to change them.

Got it done at AM Car Decor LHS on NH byepass after Gold Souk travelling from Vytilla to Edappally.

The illumination is definitely better but is it worth 1000 bucks is the question which i am unable to answer. I think it depends on frequency of night drives undertaken. Inside city it does not make any difference at all.

Hope to see you for the proposed June 18th meet in Nucleus Mall.
Old 6th June 2011, 00:33   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hope to see you for the proposed June 18th meet in Nucleus Mall.
Ok. The ARAI certification would be good enough i believe.
June 18th at Nucleus, I've already blocked all my assignments
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 09:07   #28
Team-BHP Support

A bit 'white' light illumination is good, till you are driving on road with proper lane markings. Try driving on new surfaced roads without any marks or in rain/winter.

I am sticking with OE just because of this, though thinking to go for fogs. I hope it doesn't turn out to be an accessory light.
Old 6th June 2011, 09:51   #29
BHPian

@ Sheel,
The visibility in rain has not improved much. But yesterdays drive when it was not raining proved that there is an improvement compared to OE bulbs.

NB+ is not "whitish" but more like "bright golden yellowish" if OE bulbs are considered "dull amberish" (My specifications)

The fogs are helping in lighting up the <kerbs/dividers> with very limited throw on the road.
Old 22nd June 2011, 01:04   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

i upgraded to Philips as discussed. Cost Rs 1130/-
But the bulbs are of a higher wattage 100/130 W. The experience is quite nice. Earlier the road and edges never used to be lit up or sufficiently illuminated. Now, the difference can be felt and makes the drive much more comfortable as the visibility is improved

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks