Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 07:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Go...Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
i upgraded to Philips as discussed. Cost Rs 1130/-
But the bulbs are of a higher wattage 100/130 W. The experience is quite nice. Earlier the road and edges never used to be lit up or sufficiently illuminated. Now, the difference can be felt and makes the drive much more comfortable as the visibility is improved
How relay is Installed and where. Have you cut any wires for installing relay and bulbs ? Have you thought of action plan for, any warranty issues raised in future ?
Do you have Foggs installed ?
Old 24th July 2011, 13:07   #32
BHPian

101 days 11111 Kms completed.

Hi,

The car has completed 11111 kms last week.

The 10K service cost Rs 2,168/- incl of wheel balancing/alignment + oil/oilfilter/gasket change + body wash/interior cleaning.

There is no much difference in the engine noise & smoothness.

Average mileage is 18-19 kmpl with 2 persons on board @ 100-120kmph.

The steering "klik" noise has disappeared automatically & no rattling noise has appeared yet.

We did a hurried Hampi trip with 5 adults & a kid + luggage last weekend & the car was comfortable doing 120-140 kmph all day while returning via Bangalore. The extra boot/interior space was a boon. Max speed attained was 160 kmph.

Overall very happy with the car.
Old 24th July 2011, 13:27   #33
BHPian

How is the FE? Regarding lights it is better to go for rally lights from Hella, as I feel upgrading the wattage doesn't essentially improve the visibility in particularly kerala rainy days. I upgraded my stock lights in elantra and also fitted Hella Rallye 3000. Some guys use 90w with relay but it can damage reflectors and glass( it fades) in long run
Old 24th July 2011, 16:58   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 101 days 11111 Kms completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Hi,

The 10K service cost Rs 2,168/- incl of wheel balancing/alignment + oil/oilfilter/gasket change + body wash/interior cleaning.

There is no much difference in the engine noise & smoothness.

Average mileage is 18-19 kmpl with 2 persons on board @ 100-120kmph.

The steering "klik" noise has disappeared automatically & no rattling noise has appeared yet.

We did a hurried Hampi trip with 5 adults & a kid + luggage last weekend & the car was comfortable doing 120-140 kmph all day while returning via Bangalore. The extra boot/interior space was a boon. Max speed attained was 160 kmph.

Overall very happy with the car.
That's some good speed you achieved. From the various reviews that I have been reading about figo, it always seemed its better suited for the city than the open roads. Your post is encouraging!

Did it do these speeds effortlessly or did you have to work the engine a bit? Again considering its a diesel shouldn't be more than 3.5-4k @ 5th gear for 120-140 in any case, just a guess though!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 24th July 2011 at 17:00.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That's some good speed you achieved. From the various reviews that I have been reading about figo, it always seemed its better suited for the city than the open roads. Your post is encouraging!

Did it do these speeds effortlessly or did you have to work the engine a bit? Again considering its a diesel shouldn't be more than 3.5-4k @ 5th gear for 120-140 in any case, just a guess though!
Figo is not a scorcher on the highways but it has the stability which makes up for the lower power output at corners. The car feels much "in control" at higher speeds.

I don't remember seeing the rpm above 3.5K @ 120 kmph (to be honest i did not look at the tacho too often.

My passengers (during Hampi trip) have travelled in their i10/u-VA in same routes & observed that Figo is less tiring than both.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 22:28   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

That cost seems to be on a higher end. I got my 10K service for 1051/- at Metro Ford Bangalore(No wheel balancing).
Old 25th July 2011, 15:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
That cost seems to be on a higher end. I got my 10K service for 1051/- at Metro Ford Bangalore(No wheel balancing).
Wheel Balancing is a goldmine for SC's isn't it?

I will check the bill & let you know the breakup.
Old 25th July 2011, 15:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Wheel Balancing is a goldmine for SC's isn't it?

I will check the bill & let you know the breakup.
Indeed! I was taken for a ride as well with wheel balancing during my figo's 3rd service Lathangi ford charged me more than 550 for the labor and the weights!
Old 25th July 2011, 20:13   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Figo is not a scorcher on the highways but it has the stability which makes up for the lower power output at corners. The car feels much "in control" at higher speeds.

I don't remember seeing the rpm above 3.5K @ 120 kmph (to be honest i did not look at the tacho too often.

My passengers (during Hampi trip) have travelled in their i10/u-VA in same routes & observed that Figo is less tiring than both.
Aah.. that puts things in perspective. Agree on the scorcher part. Then, it seems Figo sure is a safe bet - great in the city and good(if not great) on the highways!

Thanks!
Old 25th July 2011, 20:44   #40
BHPian

@ Skyline GT-R :

Can you please comment on the clutch of your Figo Tdci ? I had driven my relative's Fiesta diesel and found the clutch rather heavy to my liking. For record, i drive a spark and it's got a super light clutch.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:49   #41
BHPian

The clutch is OK w.r.t Swift D but heavier than i10 (which i have driven recently apart from my Figo). I guess it is because petrol cars have lighter gearshift/clutch due to lesser torque handled.

The gearshift is little grainy compared to Swift & heavier compared to i10. I thought of replacing the gear oil but SC assures Figo gear oil lasts the lifetime of the car!!!

My 10K SERVICE BILL BREAKUP:
Gasket - 16.85
Wash Fluid - 51.78
Oil Filter - 334.42
Engine Oil - 850.25
Wiring strap - 43.36 (some straps were missing!)
Wheel balancing - 315.48
Alignment - 325.00
Cess - 1.78
VAT - 169.02
ST - 58.50
Security Cess - 1.68

G TOTAL - 2,168/-

I felt Punto is the best Diesel hatch while TDing cars, but pricing (most importantly) & questionable after sales made me go for Figo (I was not much interested in Ford cars before buying Figo). Let residual value be damned...I'm gonna enjoy the drive. 2 long drives are coming up Weekend+Aug 15 & Weekend+Onam holidays in September.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:58   #42
BHPian

Hi Skyline,

Congratulation on your Figo.
I have been planning to buy a diesel hatch and would mostly be buying a Figo myself.

I have a budget constraint of 5 - 5.5 L, and so looking at the LXI and EXI models.
Could you tell me whether paying 40 k more for the audio system, central locking and front power windows makes sense?

I can try and push my budget a lil' bit more to buy the EXI, but i am yet to be convinced.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:46   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The clutch is OK w.r.t Swift D but heavier than i10 (which i have driven recently apart from my Figo). I guess it is because petrol cars have lighter gearshift/clutch due to lesser torque handled.

The gearshift is little grainy compared to Swift & heavier compared to i10. I thought of replacing the gear oil but SC assures Figo gear oil lasts the lifetime of the car!!!

My 10K SERVICE BILL BREAKUP:
Gasket - 16.85
Wash Fluid - 51.78
Oil Filter - 334.42
Engine Oil - 850.25
Wiring strap - 43.36 (some straps were missing!)
Wheel balancing - 315.48
Alignment - 325.00
Cess - 1.78
VAT - 169.02
ST - 58.50
Security Cess - 1.68

G TOTAL - 2,168/-

I felt Punto is the best Diesel hatch while TDing cars, but pricing (most importantly) & questionable after sales made me go for Figo (I was not much interested in Ford cars before buying Figo). Let residual value be damned...I'm gonna enjoy the drive. 2 long drives are coming up Weekend+Aug 15 & Weekend+Onam holidays in September.
Hey, I didn't notice your thread at the beginning, so late congratulations on your Figo. Really an excellent all round package. And the ZXi really makes sense on the money front compared to Titanium.

1. In general, I find the Philips Extreme Power bulbs (of same wattage) better than the Osram NightBreakers. I've checked with a German friend, and that's the opinion there also. (Coincidentally, both these bulbs are made in Germany IIRC.) Also, the lifespan of the XP is seen to be more than the night breakers. You may want to consider them next time. (If you've already mentioned the reason for going for NB instead of XP which I've missed, please ignore this point.)

2. Though its a small number, 51.78 for some liters of water + 3 drops of Clinic Plus shampoo, is a bit unnecessary for the wash fluid. I specifically tell the service people not to fill it. Its a 2 minute job at home, and not worth 50 bucks IMHO.

3. If the wiring straps were missing, they should be coming from the Ford India CEO's pocket, not yours. You should have declined that charge perhaps. If they were the commonplace wiring tags that we use, then 43 odd is the price of about a 100 of them.

Both these are negligible charges for most of us, but over 3 services, that would amount to 270 rupees if repeated.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with your Figo.

P.S. - that's a nice list of vehicles in your signature! Glad to see the Omni there.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:11   #44
BHPian

Thank you,

@tckanth
Please upgrade to EXi. The music system is good (for daily listening; not for showing off). If you buy an LXi & fix a music system + speakers from Ford, it will cost you 10K odd anyway. If you fix it outside your whole electrical/electronics warranty is gone. Finance permitting you should consider ZXi. I also started at LXi, but the value addition in ZXi is justified according to me.

@Reinhard
I feel i should have gone for Philips XP. NB+ is not that good in rains. My friend is fixing Philips XP in his i10 soon. Will update on rainy drive comparison between them.

Ford manual says "USE ONLY FORD WASH FLUID" otherwise may result in malfunction of nozzles...L0L

Say what...the SA sounded like i deliberately pulled of the straps.

I was not happy with this "chindhi" rip-off but the SA had committed in an earlier instance that he will waive the labour charges in case my Figo develops any suspension/steering issues due to tyre upgrade. (when i had the steering noise issue).
So i let it go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks