Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 15:23   #16
BHPian

Re: My Urban Titanium ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
@RemingtonSteele:
What tyre pressure is recommended?
I am sure if you haven't checked you tyre pressure after you have driven out of showroom then I bet its in range of 44-45 psi (I remember my ANHC having thes same when I drove out)

The official recommendation is 32 psi front and 30 psi rear and these are good enough in normal conditions.
If you park outside in blazing sun then I would suggest you atleast a 1-2 points lesser.
Beware where you check/refill your tyre.
If you go to the roadside anna tyrewala then beassured that their pressure gauge calibrations are way too relaxed due to heavy load truck tyre fillings and you will continue to get the bumpy ride.
If you tend to have long rides or say expressway rides then I would recommend you getting official ratings with nitrogen filling.

Let us know if you are able to resolve your rise issues.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th April 2011 at 15:29.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

[quote=mdsaab;2317752Regarding the auto lock feature, speak to honda if it is possible to activate this feature. @wildon has an i20 thread in which i read that the feature can be activayed on the i20.
So maybe the same can be done on the city. I dont have this feature on the civic, but have gotten use to pressing the lock button the minute all the doors are shut. [/quote]

I checked with the Honda A.S.S. in Gurgaon, he said it can't be done. If someone has managed to get it done on a City, probably there was some after-market change in the locking mechanism.

But surprising that it is not a standard feature.

Of course, the same thing is a pain at junctions when you switch the engine off and the doors are unlocked!

Quote:
@libranof1987:
Thank you. There was issue with picture posting that is now sorted out.
It is VMT. I got 3M sunflim and art leather seats from the dealer.
Ride quality is really the "bumpy ride". But as others have noted, probably I have to check the tyre pressure.
About the horn, I actually find it pretty loud from inside. I don't know if it is weak outside. Will know in course of time.
By the way, Pune is now past GR. I can see GV, GW series.
Nothing is wrong with the horn as such; it's just that the tone is squeaky. I really wish it had a better tone!

By the way, is the sun film for the rear windshield too?
Old 18th April 2011, 17:16   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. I drive an older version of the Honda for the last 5 years and let me tell you , Honda = True VFM (you feel it is a bit expensive than others) but you will be happy for all the money you have paid as the car is very dependable and performs very well. So you have made the right decision to go for a Honda. Well, may you have many many happy and safe miles and smiles in your Honda.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Auto_Fan

Congrats once again. ANHC is a great car.

ARAI hill is a good location to shoot the car. Few places in Pune have so many tress around.

I would like to suggest you to be just a bit careful with humps. Especially if you are driving on the Bavdhan-Pashan road, you will see lots of new and tall humps. And I recently saw one White ANHC almost stuck on the top of the hump. You gotto negotiate the humps slightly carefully with the ANHC.

Rest all is bliss. THe car moves like a knife through butter (Sidhu inspiration ). Very few petrol cars in the country come close to the finesse of ANHC.

Wishing you a long and safe relationship with the ANHC. Do keep updating the thread regularly.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nice set of photos! The car looks stunning in every colour. So, it is a VMT then.

Slightly OT : Pune has reached the GR series now!
Pune has reached GY series infact. Saw a black Cruze yesterday with GY series number.
Old 19th April 2011, 13:28   #21
BHPian

AutoFan: Many congrats on your City. The new color is truly splendid, must say!

I recommend you fill Nitrogen in your new tyres,as it gives that soft bumps whenever you go over bad roads, as compared to air. Also it doesnt heat up, adds to its advantage
Old 19th April 2011, 14:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
@Jidousha:
Thank you. I don't know about the battery (Amaron IIRC, will double check and update you). I asked for Michelin and got them.

@RemingtonSteele:
Thanks! The pictures are up now. What tyre pressure is recommended?
The seat covers are given free by the dealer. I guess they should be somewhere around 6-7K in open market. They look good, but does not mean they are upmarket or anything. Good for my 6yr old and 2yr old kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
AutoFan:
I recommend you fill Nitrogen in your new tyres,as it gives that soft bumps whenever you go over bad roads, as compared to air. Also it doesnt heat up, adds to its advantage
Hi autofan - congrats on your new city.

My city is about 6 months old (6000kms driven) - I got factory fitted Michelins as well..

The squeal on breaking and on U-turns - especially in the afternoon on hot days.

How are your performing?? I'm planning on going in for some fatter rubber.

Cheers..
Prasad
Old 19th April 2011, 16:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats Auto_fan!

I recently checked out the seat covers given out by Crystal Honda on a friend's ANHC , and they seem to be of pretty decent quality. They dont feel very art-leather-ish, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
ARAI hill is a good location to shoot the car. Few places in Pune have so many tress around.
+1 to that.
But I dont know about recent times, but do they allow taking your vehicle up ahead these days ? From the normal parking ? You can walk/jog/amble around, but I dunno if taking a car is allowed all the way upto the gates.

PS : If so, its a good location for a photo shoot meet.
Old 19th April 2011, 22:14   #24
BHPian

@ajay_satpute:
Thanks for your comments!
About the humps, I'm not really worried. As I mentioned somewhere else, I don't see that to be problem, since I never ever hit any hump with all sorts of low GC car those I drove earlier. Thanks again!

@coolmel:
Thank you! I'll enquire about nitrogen. Why would it give soft humps? I believe the pressure would still be the same, and normal air has more than 70% nitrogen anyways...

@R32_GTR:
Thank you. I'm doing pretty OK. Not too much running so far. I have not come across any sqeaking so far. No plans to upgrade them in near future.

@sajo:
Thanks! They do allow to take cars all the way up until the end of the road.
Old 20th April 2011, 17:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

Just remembered - Did you get the 2 Honda cushions - squarish, kept in the rear?

Our dealer gave them as freebies (was wondering if that from him or Honda). Along with that, got a car cover.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just remembered - Did you get the 2 Honda cushions - squarish, kept in the rear?
Yes even I got cushions with my car; don't know how to use them. I think they are from Honda as I see almost every Honda city with those cushions.

@autofan, Please update on your handling problem and mileage figures.
Old 21st April 2011, 00:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Are these cushions only for the city folks. My friend had these cushions in his car too.
How come we civic folks dont get any cushions. Not fair.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the ANHC! You will have to post pictures, Sir! By the way, what version is it? And the freebies you got along? (not dealer-specific)

Unfortunately, it doesn't. I complain about it too!

Simple solution would be the reverse-sensors.

It does well in Gurgaon heat so trust me, Pune summer isn't going to be a problem

Agreed! Guess the styling is just too good.

Oh, the handling is good! The steering is feather-light. Ride quality, in the sense? I haven't really had much of a problem with it.

Yep, that is the A/c compressor.

Again, the weak headlight is something a lot of people complain about.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned about the horn - it is one very noticeable disappointment.

Happy driving!
Congrats! Nice colour.
It shows much better in shade and early mornings and late evenings. In sunlight it looks lighter than what it is.
I am surprised at the ride quality! It is quite good in my car.
Of course it hugs any bumps on the road!
Lights are not too snappy. But anyway, we should drive with beams low - so should not make any difference.
Horns are horns! Avoid its use till you can!
AC in Punjab's summer is quite good!
Old 21st April 2011, 11:08   #29
Team-BHP Support

Thats an awesome choice of colour. Congratulations Auto_Fan!
Great pictures too
Old 23rd April 2011, 13:09   #30
BHPian

Congrats! dear ...splendid color, the cars looks superb.. nice photos..well physically it gives a different impression (the shade of the color)...Please update on the FE as well..Nothing to beat the City it shade the smiles of its competitors...Wish you a safe and great driving ..Please put up more snaps (mornings and evenings)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks