Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:43   #31
BHPian

Re: My Urban Titanium ANHC

Hello! Hearty congratulations on your ANHC. That is a really cool colour, makes the City seem even more luxurious. I too am in love with the Engine, which is creamy smooth at idle, gets a lovely sporty exhaust tone at higher rpms ! But I feel that the internal rear view mirror should have been mounted on the windshield rather than where it has been positioned now. At the current position, it vibrates way too much, when listening to loud music. The music system is damn good though
Old 25th April 2011, 10:53   #32
BHPian

Thank you all for wishing me happy driving!

Here is the recent update:

Earlier last week, did refulelling for the first time. The on-board computer was showing 13.4 km/l. My calculations told me that it was actually 13.00. Considering this was the first tank fill and all throughout the Pune city, I consider it to be pretty good.

I went to 650+ km long drive over the last week-end. I kept the speed to 80 in 5th gear on highway so that I can keep the rpm below 2500. Did the refill once during the trip. The on-board computer was telling me it was 17.4, but in reality I got 17.8 kmpl. I think this is very good mileage for a 1.5L powerful engine. All of these figures are with 100% ac. Now, I agree that I never exceeded 80 or applied sudden brakes, even then I think this is good.

The ride issue that I was reporting went away when I filled the correct air pressure. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.

One observation, when you are doing 80 on a highway, there is absolutely no noise from any compartment apart from a little bit of tyre noise from the road. This is amazing!

On a side note, there is a small rattling sound from the B pillar on left when I drive on uneven surfaces.

Now that I have completed 1000km, the car will go for first servicing this week. Plan to do the oil change.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:13   #33
BHPian

Hi AF,

Congratulations on your ride, I liked this colour a lot wish it was there when I bought mine.

Interesting figures in your case, so far in 26k kms on my ODO I have never see FE more than the on board indicator. I allways got a difference of -1to -2.

Keep us updated more on this. You top up the fuel even after auto stop?
Old 25th April 2011, 13:31   #34
BHPian

Thanks raghu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
You top up the fuel even after auto stop?
No, I never top-up.

A side question - Do all station's auto-stop works exactly at the same level?
Old 25th April 2011, 15:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
On a side note, there is a small rattling sound from the B pillar on left when I drive on uneven surfaces.
There is no such rattling in my car so do get it checked by Honda SVC people during first service.

Quote:
Now that I have completed 1000km, the car will go for first servicing this week. Plan to do the oil change.
During first service of my car, Ring Road Honda didn’t changed oil and suggested to wait till 5000 KM. The owner manual also says that oil should not be changed before 5000 KM mark. So consult your SVC on this and other owners please enlighten me on this issue as my car is still running on factory filled oil.

Quote:

A side question - Do all station's auto-stop works exactly at the same level?
I have tried this for my WagonR; auto cut occurs at similar level if not exactly the same, say 0.5 liter difference.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:00   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1st servicing generally entails just a check up and wash.

The oil change takes place in the 2nd and 3rd free service.
Old 25th April 2011, 19:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
1st servicing generally entails just a check up and wash.
Agree.
However the other threads on run-in do insist on oil change at 1K. I thought that it made a lot of sense. I'll check with the SA tomorrow morning to see what he has to say. If he is neutral, I'm going to go for it. If he advices against it, probably I won't contest.
Did anyone did this before?
Old 26th April 2011, 00:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for wishing me happy driving!

Here is the recent update:

Earlier last week, did refulelling for the first time. The on-board computer was showing 13.4 km/l. My calculations told me that it was actually 13.00. Considering this was the first tank fill and all throughout the Pune city, I consider it to be pretty good.

I went to 650+ km long drive over the last week-end. I kept the speed to 80 in 5th gear on highway so that I can keep the rpm below 2500. Did the refill once during the trip. The on-board computer was telling me it was 17.4, but in reality I got 17.8 kmpl. I think this is very good mileage for a 1.5L powerful engine. All of these figures are with 100% ac. Now, I agree that I never exceeded 80 or applied sudden brakes, even then I think this is good.

The ride issue that I was reporting went away when I filled the correct air pressure. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.

One observation, when you are doing 80 on a highway, there is absolutely no noise from any compartment apart from a little bit of tyre noise from the road. This is amazing!

ANHC is known for its fuel efficiency and this is no surprise. Let the engine open a little more and blast your way to some sweet ivtec symphony

Regd the nitrogen query, I meant you dont get those harsh thumps and bumps when you go over bad roads. Its rather soft, and no thuds, unless its a really bad crater. Try it out once. Have been filling it for the past two years now, have forgotten stopping at the petrol pump queues for checking air pressure. Time saving and one aspect I really love about nitrogen. I guess it shouldnt cost you 100 bucks for all the wheels.
Old 26th April 2011, 01:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

@coolmel if the ride is going to be a lot more smoother after filling nitrogen i am going to give it a try. need to fill up in a day or two anyway so might as well give nitrogen a try.
the thing i hate about Honda suspension is the awful raw thud sound you hear over some bumps.

Last edited by mdsaab : 26th April 2011 at 01:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks