Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 06:58   #61
BHPian

Re: Two Men & A Baby - In Search Of The Stripes

Indian fauna is full of such great and beautiful animals. I wish poachers/buyers could understand the real beauty of these animals in the wild and stopped hunting them for their personal interest.

But for now - Go ahead guys, shoot them and shoot them all but only with the cameras.
Old 30th April 2011, 07:51   #62
BHPian

It's already mentioned on this thread many times but it is never going to be enough - it takes a lot of courage and patience to have taken your 16 year old.

I am sure you would be a much satisfied and proud father after this trip. Congratulations...
Old 30th April 2011, 08:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
It's already mentioned on this thread many times but it is never going to be enough - it takes a lot of courage and patience to have taken your 16 year old.
Errr..typo..She's 16 MONTHS old
Old 30th April 2011, 08:50   #64
BHPian

Amol,

Hats off to you for the bold decision in taking your daughter for the trip.

And what should I say about the pictures?? They are simply brilliant

Thanks for sharing and the deserving 5 stars have been added
Old 30th April 2011, 13:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Errr..typo..She's 16 MONTHS old
Thanks for the correction... Yes, 16 months old...
Old 2nd May 2011, 01:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Should appreciate you for making this trip in spite of the number of naysayers in this forum (including me), when you first planned it
No issues at all, I know all of them meant well. It is unusual to take a 16 month old out on such a trip, but you wont know how it'll turn out unless you take the plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Amol,
The latest one here (post #43) takes the prize, it tells a story, a story of a bond, comfort, being protected, unspoken assurance, relationship, invulnerability, priorities and much more than I can put in words.
Fazal saab, that was a very deep thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
While every praise has been showered on your pic and the little one, I would just add that, the little one is a special one.
You and her would cherish the memories forever.
Amazing travelogue!!
Thank you, she is definitely a special one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Awesome pics... One suggestion.. If possible make a frame of the pic of yours holding your daughter (Which is a B/W pic). It has got some magic. It would look good on your wall
Technically the picture is not sharp, and its not even with an accurate focus but it has a charm to it which is beyond the technicalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
btw there was no resitance from your family, other than your wife?My parents would have saperated my kid if i ever even talk of such adventures..
I didnt really consult anyone for permission other than my wife. Though I did inform our parents about the trip (just prior to departure). My mom was a bit worried at the beginning but by then I was already on the road so there was no turning back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
This is inspiring and has been bookmarked for future reference and to motivate the skeptics who are against baby travel.
Thanks. All I'd say is that dont treat babies as fragile, they're much stronger than what you can imagine. At the same time, it is critical to make their travel experience as much fun as possible else they can give you a really tough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
WOW!
OT: What was her reaction, when she saw the tiger for the first time? Any shreaks and shouts from her end?
She's learnt to imitate the roar of the tiger so each time she saw the big cat, she did her trademark roar sound. Its quite funny to see her do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
I need your inputs in building the rear seating of a gypsy that I am designing for use by wildlife photographers in the Jungles of tadoba.

check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2331462 and go through the entire discussion when you get some time and suggest me ideas of how we can make life easier for a wildlife photographer.
I'd put this my thoughts on your thread, but here's a quick run down of what comes to mind right now.
- I'd like a roll cage to rest the lens with a bean bag. So a good quality roll cage is desired. If you have some sort of cushioned covering for the bars, it will help in protecting the gear while moving it around.
- The bars of the roll cage should be around 2-3 inch diameter, this will help those who want to use the clamp system to mount their cameras.
- The middle row seat could be kept as easily removable in case there is a single person at the back. This way it would allow a tripod setup if someone wants. For me, a tripod on the jeep is a no-no.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:00   #67
BHPian

Hi amolpol
Excellent travellogue. Your luck to spot tigers seem to be top notch. Next time i'm hitchhiking if you're planning on seeing the beast again .. .. The best pic i liked is ::
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/141499.jpg

I was listening to the song called password - Ludovico Einaudi ().
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:39   #68
BHPian

I loved the write-up and pics. Above all, the courage to take a toddler along for 10 days! Bravo
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:26   #69
BHPian

Dear Mr Amol,

Wow, till now I used to think of my 2 year old son who accompanys me everywhere without his mom as a Brave one but now Amol your Daughter is just great and wonderful. After going through the thread I thought is this real?
And then I rechecked again and again, believe me Amol this is awesome( I guess somebody from either Hollywood or Bolywood will make a sequel to Baby's Day Out {Safari}). I wish and pray, deep from my heart that one day your daughter will bring Pride to this country.

Regards

Muzzammil Khan
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:42   #70
BHPian

A very nice thread and amazing snaps!!

5 stars all the way
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:48   #71
BHPian

The first word that came to my mind on reading the title of this thread on the home page was "CRAZY". (That came with lot admiration) The credit should really go to mommy. I know of moms who would not even allow their 2-3 yr olds out of their sight.

Loved the photos and a good write-up too.
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:38   #72
BHPian

Well, yesterday on a bottle of beer and discussing this thread with my wife which she thought a pull from a movie, until she browsed……. And had no words to express.

Amol, brilliant stuff ! though each one of them have endless moments of joy and happiness, Your daughter in your lap reaching out to rain is my favorite.

God bless you all.
Old 4th May 2011, 10:53   #73
BHPian

Wow ! What a write up, what a thread, such photographs, excellent , Superb, great.. have been gorging on the pics, info, write up since last 48 hours in bits and pieces and was thinking how to put across a word of appreciation. Some exclamations that comes a bit closer in the direction/ magnitude of appreciation for this thread is something like- "...kahani mei emotion hai, drama hai, action hai, thrill hai, adventure hai, pyaar hai, in short sab kuchh hai.."( ala "Filmy" channel advt.) and a commentator in turban often uses- "Chhaa gaye guru, tussi great ho.., chak de phatte , nap de killi, subah Jullundar, sham nu dilli"!!

How to rate something beyond 5 stars?!
Old 4th May 2011, 11:20   #74
BHPian

@amolpol, this is the most amazing thread I could have come across. Simply made my day!!

1. The little girl is one "ADORABLE, WELL BEHAVED, CUTE, COOL, ADVENTURE LOVING KID". I am sure she must have enjoyed herself immensely.

2. You must have won the respect and admiration of so many people for managing a small kid in the outdoors so well. Your wife must be one proud lady.

3. The pictures are priceless. The assortment of wildlife captured is so vast - really, really good. My family and I have spotted tigers many times at Ranthambhor and Corbett. But the pictures clicked by me remain blurs of various kinds. The ones which can be viewed are the ones clicked by others in the family.

4. And finally, how did the Safari behave? Did you experience any niggles en route?

5. Post Script : One lucky guy to have his leaves approved.

Tons of love and blessings to the little one !!

Last edited by Sugeeta : 4th May 2011 at 11:22.
Old 4th May 2011, 20:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Wow amolpol! Everything in this thread is absolutely brilliant! Be it the planners, the pics or the cutie pie you had in your company!

Thanks for sharing it with us. Rating the thread a well deserved 5 stars and Kudos to your spirit! Keep traveling, keep clicking and keep sharing!

Lots of love for the little angel...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks