Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 23:36   #76
BHPian

Re: Two Men & A Baby - In Search Of The Stripes

I want to thank all of you who've been pouring in compliments. It's been a tough trip for everyone who were involved, but in the end we all enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm happy that you all enjoyed reading it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaan_urs View Post
Dear Mr Amol,

And then I rechecked again and again, believe me Amol this is awesome( I guess somebody from either Hollywood or Bolywood will make a sequel to Baby's Day Out {Safari}). I wish and pray, deep from my heart that one day your daughter will bring Pride to this country.
Thanks for your wishes! She's already made us proud, I'm hoping that she'll keep at it as she grows older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
The first word that came to my mind on reading the title of this thread on the home page was "CRAZY". (That came with lot admiration) The credit should really go to mommy. I know of moms who would not even allow their 2-3 yr olds out of their sight.
You're right! The mommy gets a lot of credit for having faith in me and the little one that we'll support each other in times of distress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
"...kahani mei emotion hai, drama hai, action hai, thrill hai, adventure hai, pyaar hai, in short sab kuchh hai.."( ala "Filmy" channel advt.)
well said! but all credit goes to my daughter for making this trip a really special one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
1. The little girl is one "ADORABLE, WELL BEHAVED, CUTE, COOL, ADVENTURE LOVING KID". I am sure she must have enjoyed herself immensely.

Tons of love and blessings to the little one !!
Thanks! She's turning out to be a wild kid. After we've come back, I see her enjoying the NGC programs more often than earlier. She can now relate to the wilderness and the animals that she's seen in these 8 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
4. And finally, how did the Safari behave? Did you experience any niggles en route?
Well, the Safari was like a trusted friend through the journey. We cruised at 120-140 without the fear of losing control on the 4 lane highways while it ate up all the potholes when we did 80-100 on the bad roads.

I had put a VKool front windscreen film which really boosted the A/C performance in those hot conditions, I always had complaints with the cooling earlier. This proved to be the wisest thing I had done for this trip preparation.
Old 19th April 2013, 20:19   #77
BHPian

Hey Amol.

Rating this thread 5 stars. It takes a lot of courage to travel with a 18 month old baby alone.

Wish i had read this thread sometime in June 2012. I can say this because my family (I, my wifey and my 2 year old daughter) visited Kabini in June 2012 (16th June to be precise) and stayed in JLR.

In the evening safari, my family and your family (you, your daughter and your wife) were in the same safari jeep. Your family took the front row and my family took the middle row of the jeep. It was drizzling during the safari.

We all spotted a Tigress which was about to cross the Mananthvady road (it was sitting right next to the road but it went back into the bushes after our jeep stopped). This was within minutes after we entered the forerst. Hope this helps you in re collecting. You were the only one carrying serious camera equipment in our safari jeep and you missed taking the snap of the Tigeress. We waited there for few minutes but the tigress chose to sleep behind the bushes and then you did take a few pictures of it. I remember you taking pictures of a crested Serpent eagle too.

I wish i had read this thread then. Would have cherished the moment of meeting a BHPian in a forest. At that time did not know you too were a BHPian. Seeing your and daughter's picture now, gave me a feeling that i had seen you somewhere.

Anyways great travelogue and pictures.

I am sure you are a regular at Kabini. I know you might already have info on sightings but thought of sharing some information - If you are planning to visit Kabini this month or so then please do. Sighted a tigress last week and a male tiger in mid March. Can PM more info to you if required.

Last edited by Torque123 : 19th April 2013 at 20:26.
Old 20th April 2013, 04:16   #78
BHPian

Fantastic diary. Superb pictures and a great three-some. A volatile mix with a great story line. Great indeed. Cheers.
Old 26th April 2013, 17:33   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Wish i had read this thread sometime in June 2012. I can say this because my family (I, my wifey and my 2 year old daughter) visited Kabini in June 2012 (16th June to be precise) and stayed in JLR.

In the evening safari, my family and your family (you, your daughter and your wife) were in the same safari jeep. Your family took the front row and my family took the middle row of the jeep. It was drizzling during the safari.

We all spotted a Tigress which was about to cross the Mananthvady road (it was sitting right next to the road but it went back into the bushes after our jeep stopped). This was within minutes after we entered the forerst. Hope this helps you in re collecting. You were the only one carrying serious camera equipment in our safari jeep and you missed taking the snap of the Tigeress. We waited there for few minutes but the tigress chose to sleep behind the bushes and then you did take a few pictures of it. I remember you taking pictures of a crested Serpent eagle too.
Wow! Small world and interesting encounters. I remember that sighting, it was a wonderful surprise with the tigress crouching right next to the road. And yes, I missed the opportunity since I had covered my gear due to the rain. It's been a while I've been to Kabini, but I used to be a regular there until end of last year.

Lets catch up if we coincidentally meet in some other jungle
Old 26th April 2013, 17:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Wow! Small world and interesting encounters. I remember that sighting, it was a wonderful surprise with the tigress crouching right next to the road. And yes, I missed the opportunity since I had covered my gear due to the rain. It's been a while I've been to Kabini, but I used to be a regular there until end of last year.

Yes, i do re collect your camera being covered due to the rain. Planning to visit Kabini in May 1st or 2nd week. Let me know if you too are visiting so that we can catch up.
Old 26th April 2013, 20:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

We last met in Pench. Now when are we meeting incidentally or coincidentally somewhere in the North Indian jungles?

Now the daughter would have grown up too.

Quote:

Old 28th April 2013, 18:22   #82
BHPian

Amol,

5 stars for this right away. No words to describe. Takes a lot of courage to travel with a baby. Drive safe and stay blessed.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2013, 20:51   #83
BHPian

What a baby! Loved the pics and I am sure years later, the joyous moments will live on. Rated 5 stars.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:45   #84
BHPian

I would salute you, not for the photographs, not for the journey but for the courage you showed in carrying the little angle with you for such a long outing. Hats off.

On top of that, such beautiful frames. The deer with the head turn and full figure is a classic.
I have still not dared to take my family on any photography outings.
Old 30th April 2013, 13:42   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
We last met in Pench. Now when are we meeting incidentally or coincidentally somewhere in the North Indian jungles?

Now the daughter would have grown up too.
GD Saab, I'm in the process of planning another trip to MP/Tadoba sometime soon. And she's going to be there on this one again minus her mommy, so it shall be a repeat performance of the father-daughter duo having fun in the jungles.

She's growing up really fast, can't believe it's already been two years since I put up this travelogue. Hoping to see our paths cross again, it's always fun to meet folks from the TBHP community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
What a baby! Loved the pics and I am sure years later, the joyous moments will live on. Rated 5 stars.
Oh yes, the joy of having her on the trips just continues to rise as she grows up.

Here's the two of us at Munnar a few weeks back
Two Men & A Baby - In Search Of The Stripes-pozu1.jpg

And this is what we were witnessing from where we were standing...
Two Men & A Baby - In Search Of The Stripes-munnar.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
I would salute you, not for the photographs, not for the journey but for the courage you showed in carrying the little angle with you for such a long outing. Hats off.

On top of that, such beautiful frames. The deer with the head turn and full figure is a classic.
I have still not dared to take my family on any photography outings.
Well, I figured that the best way for me to keep my hobby alive and the family happy was to blend them together. That way these trips can be marketed as family bonding holidays although the locations are mainly chosen based on my photography interest.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

Growing up & beautiful too. God bless her. Now where has that menacing beard gone?

Quote:

Here's the two of us at Munnar a few weeks back
Attachment 1079234

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks